New Awesome Guitar, Cort EVL X4
Rooks
Jul 7 2008, 04:46 PM
GMC:er
Heys GMC!

Well, I bought myself a Cort EVL X4 smile.gif

First off, I saw one in a guitar shop on a vacation not long ago and I thought it was awesome looking.. It's rad; A bit rough cut body and a cool matte finish. If it was a car then it would be a new model in old school lines biggrin.gif

I don't know it just reminds me of a stealth airplane with the edges and matte paint ? (And stealth airplanes are inevitably awesome/cool/rad in my opinion tongue.gif)

I tried it out several times while there and I really liked it .. But I didn't want to buy it in a country far away from home (Especially not a demo one)..

When I came home I researched it a bit, and found only one place in Denmark that had it, and it was the last one in stock... After I read the review on it in here (One of the few reviews to be found actually, Thank you Jakub Luptovec wink.gif ), and got the whole concept of humbuckers explained so I knew what I got tongue.gif Then I was certain I had to own it .. I ordered it just before taking off to Roskilde Festival so it would arrive when I was there..

And today it landed at my doorstep and I love it cool.gif

Of course, I baptized it by tuning it in, and playing a few distorted powerchords with Glenn Tiptons pick biggrin.gif Hell yeah! (I can say hell in here right? If not, forgive me, but I had to)

I'll just post the online "standard" picture, and then a funny one I took with the guitar when it got here laugh.gif

I don't expect you to take me seriously here hehe, I can't myself tongue.gif Just an attempt to look rad and show off the axe at the same time. smile.gif

By the way
I've read in here that new guitars come with cheap strings from factory, and they should be replaced soon off because of the lazy quality.. But since im a beginner, I thought I could just use them a bit, and swap them for D'addario in a small while .. What do you think guys?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear: Guitar Cort EVL X4 , Squier Strat Amp Peavey Valveking 112 50w
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 7 2008, 05:03 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Cool guitar!

EDIT: yeah sure, play the strings for a while, no harm in that.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MickeM: Jul 7 2008, 05:04 PM

+Quote Post
chmilew
Jul 7 2008, 05:29 PM
Congrats man ! She's cute smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 7 2008, 06:13 PM
Instructor
Congrats mate, nice guitar smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jul 7 2008, 06:17 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Nice, that guitar is sharp! Nothing like a new guitar!!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Siggum
Jul 7 2008, 06:20 PM
Tillykke med spaden! biggrin.gif nice guitar

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jul 7 2008, 07:02 PM
Congrats! Let's hope that your new guitar makes the play as good as the looks! laugh.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 7 2008, 07:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
Looks very nice! I'm kinda envious now. Nothing like a new guitar!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jul 7 2008, 07:39 PM
Instructor
Congrats smile.gif The cort looks great.
If the strings feel ok and plays well, then there's no reason to change them.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jul 7 2008, 07:39 PM
Instructor
Congrats smile.gif The cort looks great.
If the strings feel ok and plays well, then there's no reason to change them

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Jul 7 2008, 07:40 PM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 7 2008, 08:23 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Congrats man on your new axe !! Its gorgeous!! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Rooks
Jul 8 2008, 01:12 PM
Thanks people happy.gif

-Rooks

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 8 2008, 01:25 PM
Lets go fishing!
Cort guitars are awsome at a reasonable price, good buy! congrats smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Niko Fran
Jul 8 2008, 02:54 PM
Nice guitar biggrin.gif!! The two of you really look good on each other tongue.gif Changing strings would be a good idea, I use Blue Steel 9-42 from Dean Markley, they are brilliant! But I mostley play blues, so if your more metal, you might wanna go for something else smile.gif

Du kan altid få masser af strenge for gode priser hos musikhuset Aage, der køber jeg alt mit

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jul 8 2008, 03:32 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jul 8 2008, 02:25 PM) *
Cort guitars are awsome at a reasonable price, good buy! congrats smile.gif

Cort is making guitars for many of the major guitar companies, such as Ibanez, and recently(ish) began to release a line of their own.
That sharp axe looks suspiciously Ibanez-like, which is good! wink.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Jul 8 2008, 04:03 PM
Instructor
Congratulations, Cort makes nice guitar for their price range.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Rooks
Jul 8 2008, 04:29 PM
Niko Fran I know Aage wink.gif But I got a large music shop downtown, so I'll buy most my small accessories there smile.gif and thanks!

-Rooks

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jul 8 2008, 05:04 PM
QUOTE (Gerardo Siere @ Jul 8 2008, 05:03 PM) *
Congratulations, Cort makes nice guitar for their price range.

They also make custom shop guitars, in the heavy duty price range. smile.gif

Cort is really an underestimated manufacturer.

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jul 10 2008, 09:18 AM
Congrats on the new guitar. Cort have really progressed as a guitar manufacturer in my opinion.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:49 AM