Metallica Joins The Strike, South park episode about piracy
Sinisa Cekic
Nov 29 2011, 11:48 PM
Instructor
Seems like a a futile struggle, but still.. smile.gif

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/1541..._source=message

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Nov 29 2011, 11:57 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I don't know if it is just me, but it seems like only the musicians who are millionaires are the ones against downloading.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
rhoads
Nov 30 2011, 12:07 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
That's a classic smile.gif The whole episode is awesome.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Nov 30 2011, 12:31 AM
The whole show is fantastic. Definitely in the top 5 of my favourite shows. I don't know if it is a good thing, but they are all cartoons.

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 30 2011, 12:42 AM
Instructor
hahaha amazing! I haven't seen this before...

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
JD_
Nov 30 2011, 01:14 AM
Learning Roadie
I love the show and that episode....1 thing i find funny and accurate is after every sentance from Hetfield is followed by "Yeah"

awesome

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Nov 30 2011, 01:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Nov 29 2011, 11:57 PM) *
I don't know if it is just me, but it seems like only the musicians who are millionaires are the ones against downloading.

So, they have benefited from it, who else biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Nov 30 2011, 08:06 AM
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Nov 30 2011, 12:46 AM) *
So, they have benefited from it, who else biggrin.gif

I know that Radiohead is still on the side of those who download, for that matter. They put all their new material online on their website for people to download for free. They still have CD's for people to buy if they really want to, but they are content.

I just don't remember any small-mid time bands being frustrated about it. When I met Atreyu backstage at the Vans Warped Tour five years ago, they said they don't even get paid according to album sales. They got paid from the concerts, the merch they sold, and the contract bonuses. Other than that, they didn't make money from royalties or anything, the record company took it all.

Were there any bands other than Metallica that spoke out against Napster?

All in all, that was a very great episode. I just wish Butters was more involved. He and Randy are the best characters.

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
PeteLucifersAnge...
Nov 30 2011, 10:23 AM
Learning Roadie
looove this episode biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 30 2011, 02:29 PM
Instructor
A classic indeed! I am a Southpark lover biggrin.gif and I can mimic Cartman tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Nov 30 2011, 08:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 30 2011, 02:29 PM) *
A classic indeed! I am a Southpark lover biggrin.gif and I can mimic Cartman tongue.gif

South Park is on Tv here every day, a long time, but so far I was not too interested in watching it ! Seems to me that I gonna start to watch them! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 30 2011, 11:35 PM
Instructor
Hahha, awesome comments by the news guy biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 1 2011, 07:00 PM
GMC:er
I saw Lars on "That Metal Show" here in the states on VH1 and he was talking about all the piracy issues and drama around their railing against downloading. He has since mellowed out on the whole thing and sort of accepted it. For a while there, he was a serious rager against file sharing. But it's almost like raging against the sun coming up. It's gonna happen, you might as well learn to work around it. Metallica ended up being fine despite every track they ever made being available on every pirate site.

But yeah, it was a GREAT episode wink.gif I wish Cannibal Corpse or Carcass would do one.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:44 AM