Building A Rack Setup..., What to fill it with???
bmh1109
Jul 10 2007, 11:21 PM
GMC:er
I was recently contemplating putting together a little 4 unit rack for my guitar setup and have come to the conclusion that I don't know enough about what all goes into a good rack setup to make a good decision. Ive been looking at mainly pre-amps for the time being, such as the Rocktron Voodu Valve or maybe even a prophecy II. What else could i put in there to make it a killer setup??

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Fender MIM Strat
Amps
Mesa Studio Preamp--->Mesa 50/50--->Line 6 M13 ---> into Avatar 2x12 Cab rewired for stereo operation
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 11 2007, 02:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bmh1109 @ Jul 11 2007, 12:21 AM) *
I was recently contemplating putting together a little 4 unit rack for my guitar setup and have come to the conclusion that I don't know enough about what all goes into a good rack setup to make a good decision. Ive been looking at mainly pre-amps for the time being, such as the Rocktron Voodu Valve or maybe even a prophecy II. What else could i put in there to make it a killer setup??

It depends of what you're searching for,killer setup is wide range I think.
I have Prophesy,Mesa 2:90 and Furman PC inside my rack.
It covers small clubs/big venues without any problems so I'm quite happy with it.
Also,stuff like G-major and TriAxis are greatl,so it's up to you. cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
bmh1109
Jul 11 2007, 02:29 AM
QUOTE (muris @ Jul 10 2007, 09:10 PM) *
It depends of what you're searching for,killer setup is wide range I think.
I have Prophesy,Mesa 2:90 and Furman PC inside my rack.
It covers small clubs/big venues without any problems so I'm quite happy with it.
Also,stuff like G-major and TriAxis are greatl,so it's up to you. cool.gif

I was eying up some of the other Rocktron products such as their velocity 100 Power amp since its relatively inexpensive. Ive checked on the mesas like the 20/20 and the 2:90 and they are out of my price range. I'd be pushing it to get an almost $1000 prophecy and a lord knows how much mesa power amp. I guess i should say killer setup on a budget. probably $1500 for everything.

--------------------
Guitars
Amps
Mesa Studio Preamp--->Mesa 50/50--->Line 6 M13 ---> into Avatar 2x12 Cab rewired for stereo operation

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 11 2007, 02:32 AM
Instructor
Well,I think you shall go for some tube combo and few pedals,if your budget is 1500$.
Stuff like Velocity 100 are fine,but tube is tube.
But,you're still your BOSS. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
bmh1109
Jul 11 2007, 03:15 AM
QUOTE (muris @ Jul 10 2007, 09:32 PM) *
Well,I think you shall go for some tube combo and few pedals,if your budget is 1500$.
Stuff like Velocity 100 are fine,but tube is tube.
But,you're still your BOSS. wink.gif

Thanks for all your feedback, they're very helpful. I agree with you tubes are awesome and i already have a tube combo and was just looking into a slightly more customizable setup to use in the future. Like i said before Im just starting to get an idea of what id like to do for my next setup and any input is appreciated. I really need to just play what i have but I'm one of those people who always have to keep upgrading stuff. Its like a sickness i really can't help it biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars
Amps

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:08 PM