2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post Yourfavorite Rush Song!, ...
Anastasio123
Jun 22 2007, 11:57 PM
GMC:er
For me it would have to be YYZ or Free Will

How about you guys? We have to have some Rush fans on this site...

<Hopefully some day ill learn the YYZ solo. It's pretty cool sounding and great for legato technique ive heard. By the way, If anyone has learned that solo, how hard is it?>

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gen
Jun 23 2007, 12:07 AM
I love the song "Bastille day"! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 23 2007, 01:49 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Have to go mainstream here - Working man. It's just brilliant!!!

QUOTE (Gen @ Jun 23 2007, 01:07 AM) *
*blah blah*

Woah... that jap girl in your sig. Must be a great gutarist laugh.gif
So cool glance... eyes, just the right timing, wow. Going straight to my wife now. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by MickeM: Jun 23 2007, 01:50 AM

+Quote Post
kahall
Jun 23 2007, 02:56 AM
Learning Roadie
2112: Overture/The Temples of Syrinx. Hell that whole album is great.
I mean it is about a dude that finds a guitar in the year 2112, how could you not love it.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Gen
Jun 23 2007, 03:47 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jun 23 2007, 02:49 AM) *
Have to go mainstream here - Working man. It's just brilliant!!!
Woah... that jap girl in your sig. Must be a great gutarist laugh.gif
So cool glance... eyes, just the right timing, wow. Going straight to my wife now. rolleyes.gif

hehe tongue.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
jake the snake
Jun 23 2007, 05:42 AM
hurray theres actually rush fans on this site!
i get to go see them july 4th at darien lake!
mine has to be subdivisions or of course 2112

+Quote Post
Resurrection
Jun 23 2007, 10:42 AM
Couldn't limit it to just one song! "YYZ" and "La Villa Strangiato" for the instrumentals. "2112" is, of course, awesome. I also like "Vital Signs" and "The Body Electric", which don't feature so much on most "favourite Rush songs lists". I could go on and on biggrin.gif

I do think that the the recent "Snakes and Arrows" album is pretty good. I think it's better than "Test for Echo" and "Vapor Trails", although there were some good songs on both those albums. Musically the guys in Rush are hard to beat, but does anyone else think that Neil Pearts lyrics aren't as consistently good on recent albums? I marvel at the clever lyrics he's capable of writing, but over the last three albums or so I haven't been as keen on what he has written. However, from a guitar point of view, Alex Lifeson remains as innovative and interesting as ever IMHO.

--------------------
If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right.

+Quote Post
wahoodoss
Jun 23 2007, 05:26 PM
I'm going to see Rush tonight!!! biggrin.gif

They will be performing at the Nissan Pavillion, which is about 20 miles WSW of Washington, DC. I have my Vapor Trails t-shirt on, which I got when they where at Nissan for the Vapor Trails tour.

A favorite Rush song is almost impossible for me to pick, as they are one of my favorite three bands (The Rolling Stones and AC/DC being the other two).

But in the spirit of this thread, I will have to go with "Red Barchetta" as my favorite.

As I'm writing this, I am listening to "Ceiling Unlimited". I love that song. Last night I watched the "Exit ... Stage Left" DVD. I forgot just how much I like "Xanadu".

Heck, I love them all!!!!! laugh.gif

wahoodoss

--------------------
My main gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Vox Valvetronix 60W
Ibanez GSRM20 Mikro Short Scale Bass Guitar

You are never too old to rock 'n' roll!!

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jun 24 2007, 11:09 AM
Ive always liked Fly By Night, Limelight, and Tom Sawyer. Man the first time I heard bout Rush is on Futurama on the ep where Fry's dream of a world of video games.

"Allright its Saturday night, I have no date. A 2 liter bottle of Shasta and my all Rush mixtape... Lets Rock"- Fry

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jul 1 2007, 06:42 PM
YYZ!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Jul 1 2007, 07:20 PM
I would say "Armor and sword" from their new album.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 1 2007, 08:31 PM
Instructor
I could say Limelight but I have the sensation of forgetting anyu other song that I like more.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jul 2 2007, 10:41 PM
The Dark Canuck
I gotta go mainstream and say Closer to the Heart. Love the opening!

Rush are such a great Canadian band...glad to see they have so many fans here at GMC.

+Quote Post
Resurrection
Jul 2 2007, 11:20 PM
QUOTE (rokchik @ Jul 2 2007, 10:41 PM) *
I gotta go mainstream and say Closer to the Heart. Love the opening!

Rush are such a great Canadian band...glad to see they have so many fans here at GMC.

CttH is a good song as recorded, but really comes to life when the guys play it live. A real crowd pleaser!

--------------------
If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right.

+Quote Post
Tharn
Sep 18 2013, 01:13 AM
hehe- I know this is a 6 year old post- But I have to say one of my favorites is a not too well known Rush tune called.
'The pass'

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Sep 18 2013, 03:08 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Tharn @ Sep 18 2013, 12:13 AM) *
hehe- I know this is a 6 year old post- But I have to say one of my favorites is a not too well known Rush tune called.
'The pass'

laugh.gif As far as not so well known Rush... I really like the song 'Marathon' off of Power Windows. Also there newest album Clockwork Angels has some very excellent songs on it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Sep 18 2013, 09:14 AM
Learning Rock Star
YYZ for me too! The drum and bass fills in the middle section are just killer!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 18 2013, 12:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
This was one of the first Rush songs I heard, and it's the one which has stuck to my mind the most:

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Kalkilla
Sep 18 2013, 01:24 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 18 2013, 11:22 AM) *
This was one of the first Rush songs I heard, and it's the one which has stuck to my mind the most:

It's got to be Tom Sawyer for me. Actually brought back some memories from my teenage years. When we skipped school, we used to hang out in this pizza joint, and Tom Sawyer was always playing on the old juke box. Great Tune - Great Band

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Sep 18 2013, 04:17 PM
Learning Tone Master
I have always been able to loose myself in this song

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:59 AM