Stratocaster, Miserable volume knob !!
Bossie
Dec 22 2012, 11:38 PM
GMC:er

Millions of people play on them (like i did today ) ..the legendary stratocaster from Fender. smile.gif

And i'm the only one who on earth who is really annoyed about the volume knob placing while palmmuting..????

Or are there others ?? tongue.gif laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
Dec 23 2012, 12:57 AM
Yes! I am in love with my Strat right now and have found out how to play around it. Just practice, play the guitar enough and you'll figure out how to navigate it.

You can also buy a new pick guard and rewire things a bit. Put the master volume where your 2nd knob is, leave the 1st spot empty so you can mute properly, and then the 3rd spot can be whatever you want. Master tone probably.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bossie
Dec 23 2012, 02:27 AM
QUOTE (ConnorGilks @ Dec 23 2012, 12:57 AM) *
Yes! I am in love with my Strat right now and have found out how to play around it. Just practice, play the guitar enough and you'll figure out how to navigate it.

You can also buy a new pick guard and rewire things a bit. Put the master volume where your 2nd knob is, leave the 1st spot empty so you can mute properly, and then the 3rd spot can be whatever you want. Master tone probably.

Yeah a new pickguard would be the solution, but it would feel like running away from a problem. wink.gif
It's not that i'm gonna buy one ..but now that i played one it felt really odd. Maybe i'm just the odd one smile.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Dec 23 2012, 04:17 AM
I have similar issues, but with my jackson. When i am doing funk rhtyms i keep hittin the volume knob with my fingers..kind hurts sometimes tongue.gif

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Dec 23 2012, 04:41 AM
QUOTE (Bossie @ Dec 22 2012, 05:38 PM) *
Millions of people play on them (like i did today ) ..the legendary stratocaster from Fender. smile.gif

And i'm the only one who on earth who is really annoyed about the volume knob placing while palmmuting..????

Or are there others ?? tongue.gif laugh.gif

no, it is a Strat, comes with the turf.

+Quote Post
JamesT
Dec 23 2012, 04:44 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
For me it's the pickup selector switch. I'm always hitting it when I play rhythm. mad.gif Oh well, I guess I just have to stop doing thst. biggrin.gif I love the tone of a strat, especially with the neck pup.

This post has been edited by JamesT: Dec 23 2012, 04:45 AM

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Dec 23 2012, 11:56 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (JamesT @ Dec 23 2012, 03:44 AM) *
For me it's the pickup selector switch. I'm always hitting it when I play rhythm. mad.gif Oh well, I guess I just have to stop doing thst. biggrin.gif I love the tone of a strat, especially with the neck pup.

This usually happens to me when I have the pickup selector in the neck position. Sometimes I'll accidentally knock it to the 3rd/4th position without realizing it because I can be a clumsy strummer. On the other hand, I like that it is in a convenient spot to easily switch from pickups... unlike a Les Paul.

The tone and volume knobs have never seemed to get in the way for me. I'm curious to know how the volume knob would be in the way with palm muting? I normally think of palm muting with the lower strings.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Dec 23 2012, 12:04 PM
U have best guitar in the world. Enjoy in it's sound, and get used to it wink.gif

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
Dec 24 2012, 09:21 PM
QUOTE (Bossie @ Dec 23 2012, 01:27 AM) *
Yeah a new pickguard would be the solution, but it would feel like running away from a problem. wink.gif
It's not that i'm gonna buy one ..but now that i played one it felt really odd. Maybe i'm just the odd one smile.gif

It's one of those things where if you find an amazing guitar but you hate one thing about it, you gotta buy it anyways and try and get used to it or forgive its flaws. And if you can't, you sell it. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:36 AM