2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Mc Donalds Vs Burguer King
Mudbone
Jul 28 2011, 06:20 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 28 2011, 01:15 AM) *
Here there is a place called Crazy where you can also find amazing burgers!

Is it a chain or just one restaurant?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 28 2011, 07:04 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Jul 28 2011, 02:20 AM) *
Is it a chain or just one restaurant?

I think that it's just one... but awesome! smile.gif Many years ago we had "Pumper Nic" which was the argentinian equivalent to Mc Donalds, it was a big chain but it disappeared.

Check it at Wiki:

"Pumper Nic (or just Pumper) was a popular chain of fast-food restaurants in Argentina during the 1980s. It is currently considered by many Argentinians to be a cult classic. Its name is derived from the German pumpernickel, a type of bread.
It was founded by Tito Lowenstein in 1974, also an ex-owner of Quickfood, founder of the renowned Argentine beef hamburger supplier, "Paty", and the "Las Leñas" tourist complex in Argentina.
Pumper Nic's name and logo was a based upon Burger King's, before the latter started operating in Argentina. When Burger King and McDonald's started business in Argentina, Pumper had to change its logo and started losing money, eventually going bankrupt. Pumper Nic became defunct in 1999.
The franchise had a mascot, a green hippo called "NIC"."

Attached Image

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 28 2011, 08:43 AM
Instructor
In Romania, we have a cult for Shaorma biggrin.gif

It is an oriental dish, which is regarded as fastfood in here and it honestly kicks burger butt biggrin.gif

I tend to go around it because it's not the healthiest meal, although it's not actually fastfood, but once in a while (2-3 times a year let's say) i like to go crazy on one of these biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 28 2011, 09:06 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 28 2011, 08:43 AM) *

It is an oriental dish, which is regarded as fastfood in here and it honestly kicks burger butt biggrin.gif

I tend to go around it because it's not the healthiest meal, although it's not actually fastfood, but once in a while (2-3 times a year let's say) i like to go crazy on one of these biggrin.gif

That looks insane ! laugh.gif

I have no experience with Burger King that I can remember but I'm sure I remember thinking their burgers tasted burnt. McD's for me. We had one one after our last band practice.. not really a good idea after 10pm at night huh.gif

+Quote Post
zen
Jul 28 2011, 09:48 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I try to stay away from both. Haven't visited any of em in years.

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jul 28 2011, 10:24 AM
GMC:er
I worked at mcdonalds in the netherlands, so I prefer burger king ^^,
well I have to agree with the fact that kfc is better but that depends on the restaurant, I once was at
a kfc in Koln, Germany to visit the musicstore when I went to kfc next to it it was dirty as hell,
so I will never go there again , but it really depends on the restaurant.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 28 2011, 12:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Jul 28 2011, 10:24 AM) *
I worked at mcdonalds in the netherlands, so I prefer burger king ^^,
well I have to agree with the fact that kfc is better but that depends on the restaurant, I once was at
a kfc in Koln, Germany to visit the musicstore when I went to kfc next to it it was dirty as hell,
so I will never go there again , but it really depends on the restaurant.

I've been to a big music store in Koln.. I wonder if it was the same one. There were 2 floors, with guitars on the second floor. They had a white Jackson Kelly Marty Friedman signature which they never let anyone try out but I asked them and they let me ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Jul 28 2011, 01:32 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 27 2011, 05:38 PM) *
I don't know why but the food threads here are always very popular.... laugh.gif

I can't choose between Mc Donalds & Burguer King... Can you? Which one do you preffer?

I don't know if the McDonalds or Burger Kings are good in ur country, so tongue.gif, different from each burger king to burger king, from each mcd to mcd xD, basicly I don't even care, they both serve delicious unhealthy crap tongue.gif

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jul 28 2011, 01:37 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Qenzoz @ Jul 28 2011, 01:32 PM) *
I don't know if the McDonalds or Burger Kings are good in ur country, so tongue.gif , different from each burger king to burger king, from each mcd to mcd xD, basicly I don't even care, they both serve delicious unhealthy crap tongue.gif

hmm, well, I think Mcd`s pride themselves on saying that no matter which Mcd`s you go in the food will taste exactly the same and I`d say that was pretty much true here in the UK, they all do taste the same.

we did actually venture into a Mcd`s in Spain whilst on holiday earlier this year and although they dont do milkshakes out there (wot!! why!! ohmy.gif ) the Big Mac I had certainly did taste the same, with equal amounts of nastyness in it laugh.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Jul 28 2011, 01:40 PM
QUOTE (Chris Evans @ Jul 28 2011, 02:37 PM) *
hmm, well, I think Mcd`s pride themselves on saying that no matter which Mcd`s you go in the food will taste exactly the same and I`d say that was pretty much true here in the UK, they all do taste the same.

we did actually venture into a Mcd`s in Spain whilst on holiday earlier this year and although they dont do milkshakes out there (wot!! why!! ohmy.gif ) the Big Mac I had certainly did taste the same, with equal amounts of nastyness in it laugh.gif

Hehe biggrin.gif, well, there is a McD in a city 40 minutes away from me, its just really bad, like the worst McD ever tongue.gif, everyone I know thinks it is bad tongue.gif, then there is another one in another city 40 minutes away, its way better xD, but still since its McD, its of course bad as always xD, but great if you have hangovers tongue.gif

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 28 2011, 03:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 28 2011, 04:43 AM) *

This looks like a bomb! biggrin.gif Awesome picture!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 28 2011, 04:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 28 2011, 02:15 PM) *
This looks like a bomb! biggrin.gif Awesome picture!

Trust me mate, it's VERY tasty biggrin.gif it's made up of chicken roasted meat with spices, cucumbers, fries, tomatoes, cabbage and sauces! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 28 2011, 05:33 PM
Learning Roadie
McDonald's all the way...Burger King only if I feel like it.

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jul 29 2011, 06:58 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I love shawarma, I wish it was more accessible where I live in the US sad.gif

Theres this burger joint in uptown called Nix that probably have the best burgers in Charlotte. The solitary burger joints are the places where you typically find the best burgers biggrin.gif

If I'm ever in Buenos Aires, I'll definitely check out that burger place you mentioned Gabriel wink.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 29 2011, 07:51 AM
Instructor
Do you have shaorma over there? biggrin.gif how does it taste? You can't compare it to the one in here as you never had it, but i would be very curious!

QUOTE (Mudbone @ Jul 29 2011, 05:58 AM) *
I love shawarma, I wish it was more accessible where I live in the US sad.gif

Theres this burger joint in uptown called Nix that probably have the best burgers in Charlotte. The solitary burger joints are the places where you typically find the best burgers biggrin.gif

If I'm ever in Buenos Aires, I'll definitely check out that burger place you mentioned Gabriel wink.gif

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jul 29 2011, 08:20 AM
Personally I prefer McDonald's for two reasons:

1) The relaxing friendly atmosphere

2) Burger King has been in the news recently, and it was pretty disturbing to say the least

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 29 2011, 08:34 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jul 29 2011, 09:20 AM) *
Personally I prefer McDonald's for two reasons:

1) The relaxing friendly atmosphere

laugh.gif I aways wondered where they got their meat from!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
chmilew
Jul 29 2011, 09:04 AM
haha these two videos are awesome !
I prefer Buger King all the wayyyy, unfortunately there's no BK here in France, and it's a drama for most of us, trust me ! sad.gif

Maybe you have already seen this cool one too:

Order song at McDonald's

+Quote Post
zen
Jul 29 2011, 09:48 AM
Learning Tone Seeker

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:12 PM