If You Know Something About Floyd Roses Please Read
Fender23strat
Apr 24 2007, 10:52 PM
GMC:er
I stupidly took off all of my strings on my dean guitar that has a locking nut and floyd rose tremolo to clean it. I put on some new strings but when i try to tune it the bridge just keeps going down and down and i can't even get it close to staying in tune. I know i shouldn't have take all the strings off at once but now i'm in trouble. If you know how I can fix this or have any suggestions, or web sites where i might be able to find the answer please let me know. Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VIRUS
Apr 24 2007, 11:13 PM
QUOTE (Fender23strat @ Apr 24 2007, 11:52 PM) *
I stupidly took off all of my strings on my dean guitar that has a locking nut and floyd rose tremolo to clean it. I put on some new strings but when i try to tune it the bridge just keeps going down and down and i can't even get it close to staying in tune. I know i shouldn't have take all the strings off at once but now i'm in trouble. If you know how I can fix this or have any suggestions, or web sites where i might be able to find the answer please let me know. Thanks

Sounds like you have string shock...Try tuning E to E, then A to B, then D to G (Outside to in) If that doesn't work, try other ways, or just go and get it set up.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 25 2007, 05:22 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
New string will take a while to stretch. Just work em a bit, play hard (tune, play, tune, play, lots of bend and stuff) and the stretching goes faster.
I have tried to stretch strings by pulling them but I always end up breaking the thin E string after they are almost done, I pull too hard. So I don't do that any longer.

Could also be you changed into thinner strings. Then you have to losen the two screws inside (open up the back plate, two screws holds the bar where the springs are attached) just a tad.

+Quote Post
Brandon2002
Apr 25 2007, 09:29 PM
i have a jackson with locking nuts and a floyd rose tremolo, i take all the strings off at once if im cleaning it. basically it depends what gauge strings your putting back on.. if their too heavy or steel instead of nickle your bridge will raise up too high, forcing you to put additional springs in the back. if its the same gauge string all you should have to do is, tune it as you normally would, only instead of once maybe 10 times or so.. especially after the strings stretch.. i found the best way was to tune it then start over again, you will notice everything is out of tune, this is because as the strings tighten it raises the bridge, keep doing this until the bridge stops, if it doesnt tighten the screws in the back that hold the springs. keep doing this until your bridge doesnt raise, {set your fine tuners at about middle position first} forgot about that heh, anyways do that then lock the nuts at the neck. THEN once again tune your guitar with the fine tuners.

--------------------
~ old habits die hard ~

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:08 PM