Tone Out Of Amp?
Shuma13
Aug 11 2011, 08:49 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello,

I have not used my amp for a couple of months. I have been doing my practicing and lessons straight out of my RP255 into my headphones.

I have had some time with the wife and kids out of the house the last few days and have been using the amp. I cannot get the tone to sound anything like I am getting out of the headphones. It does not sound bad, but not what I want.

I have a small, old, Peavey backstage amp. For what I need an amp for it works. Just wanted to know where to start, or if I am asking for something that is not obtainable.

Thanks,
Brian S.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
jstcrsn
Aug 11 2011, 11:12 PM
Learning Tone Master
first off , you do not want your amp to have the same tone as headphones( phones have a different range than an amp has , and can deliver more bass tones - just at a lower level) along with a guitar players usual mistake of adding in too much bass ( we tend to try to reproduce our favorite album tones that also have bass in the mix).if you do this when playing live you will blend with ths bass and not stand out like you should
in short your ear has got used to the headphone sound
just be aware of this and use your amp enough to re-adjust your ear

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Aug 11 2011, 11:31 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Aug 11 2011, 06:12 PM) *
first off , you do not want your amp to have the same tone as headphones( phones have a different range than an amp has , and can deliver more bass tones - just at a lower level) along with a guitar players usual mistake of adding in too much bass ( we tend to try to reproduce our favorite album tones that also have bass in the mix).if you do this when playing live you will blend with ths bass and not stand out like you should
in short your ear has got used to the headphone sound
just be aware of this and use your amp enough to re-adjust your ear

Excellent point biggrin.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:22 AM