4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
As Whom Would You Like To Sing?
Luciana Segovia
Jul 9 2007, 11:03 PM
Singing Instructor
blink.gif
Sometimes we identify with some singers. we feel something special when they are singing and we don't know why.
Maybe we prefer the quality or the style of others, but we feel nice when that singer is singing...

that's the interpretation? or the words he used in his song? or the melody so nice?

I love the technique of Bono but i feel better when i hear Bjôrk. I'd love to sing like her! you can feel every word she say

what do you think?? what's your favorite singer? o better As whom would you like to sing?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Manny
Jul 9 2007, 11:06 PM
GMC:er
james hetfield!!
people think hes all hardcore because he is in Metallica, but if you listen to some of their slow songs, he really has a great voice

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Owen
Jul 9 2007, 11:10 PM
Karsten Jäger

His angsty growl astounds me. An awesome vocalist.

I also like Elvis Costello as a singer, not because he's a great vocalist, but because he is so different.

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 9 2007, 11:10 PM
Instructor
That's a cool question!

Well, if someone asks me who is my favorite singer than it's Hansi Kürsch (Blind Guardian) for sure! He sings both heavy stuff and ballads with so much power i get chills every time i hear him singing!

But than again Carlos Zema of Outworld can sing both incredibly high and low notes and still keep the power... That's a tricky question really...

But ok if i have to decide i go for Hansi!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Pantalaimon
Jul 9 2007, 11:12 PM
hmmm

I love the vocal stylings of Patrick Stump (Fall Out Boy). Though he isn't that great of a performer live, he has talent.

hmmm Billy Joel would be awesome - love his voice.

Justin Pierre (Motion City Soundtrack) also has a great voice.

John Ondrasik (the singer/songwriter of the band Five for Fighting) has an amazing voice. I wouldn't mind being him for a bit. haha

Oh yes...and I can't forget Andrea Bocelli - the best in the world. obviously.

This post has been edited by Pantalaimon: Jul 9 2007, 11:17 PM

--------------------
My Gear:
~Schecter C-1+ (black cherry) w/ Duncan Designed PUs, EB Super Slinky strings
~Fender Mexican Stratocaster (black) w/ stock PUs, EB Super Slinky strings
~Jasmine by Takamine acoustic (kinda crappy - $90)
~Fender Frontman 25R amp.
~Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive pedal
~Dan-Ecko pedal

+Quote Post
Robin
Jul 9 2007, 11:15 PM
John Fogerty in his good old creedence clearwater revival days.

Actually when I think about it, my dad sort of sound like that. Maybe I do too! Who knows biggrin.gif

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KNxGAxzOHKo !

This post has been edited by Robin: Jul 9 2007, 11:16 PM

+Quote Post
Miguel_Sanchez
Jul 9 2007, 11:17 PM
Three answers come to mind:

1. Freddie Mercury of Queen
2. Jim Morrison of The Doors
3. Scott Weiland of Stone Temple Pilots / Velvet Revolver

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 9 2007, 11:24 PM
Learning Roadie
Phil Lynott of Thin Lizzy - his combination of attitude and soul gets me every time.

Kelly Jones of Stereophonics. A really scratchy growly voice, kind of like Kurt Cobain but better IMO.

I second the James Hetfield smile.gif

Rob Thomas maybe, of Matchbox 20.

And, of course, David Lee Roth biggrin.gif

So I guess overall I like guys that have a lot of attitude (Lynott Hetfield and Roth) and guys who have a lot of soul (Jones and Thomas). But it's a different kind of soul than like, Otis Redding or Al Green. You know what I mean smile.gif

This post has been edited by JVM: Jul 9 2007, 11:26 PM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Robin
Jul 9 2007, 11:29 PM
I just have to add the guy from Budgie, jeeeesus what a voice.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=54H3EUAzpVg

+Quote Post
Owen
Jul 9 2007, 11:31 PM
I have to agree with JVM that Kelly Jones does have a great voice, very husky and interesting.

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 9 2007, 11:31 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Owen @ Jul 9 2007, 04:31 PM) *
I have to agree with JVM that Kelly Jones does have a great voice, very husky and interesting.

I think of all of them listed there he's who I'd like to sing as the most.

[edit] If you didn't notice my avatar wink.gif

This post has been edited by JVM: Jul 9 2007, 11:32 PM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Owen
Jul 9 2007, 11:35 PM
I didn't make the connection xD I just listen to the albums mostly.

I hear he's got about a million guitars though, lucky guy. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Owen: Jul 9 2007, 11:36 PM

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jul 9 2007, 11:55 PM
Learning Tone Master
Rob Halford, Bruce Dickinson, Ronnie James Dio - For the high pitch they reach
Ozzy Osbourne - Cause his Voice is so Unique
James Hetfield - Singing while Riffing
Phil Anselmo, Tom Araya - Cause they scream like maniacs

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jul 10 2007, 12:02 AM
The Dark Canuck
I'd have to say Stevie Nicks just because her voice is so recognizable or Chrissie Hynde because my voice is kinda similar.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 10 2007, 12:25 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Hmm thought provoking qiestion ...

If I had a sex change it would be someone like Jewel when she sang Ave Maria - that is so beautiful ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWQLR9XYUv0

If I stayed Male, maybe Freddie Mercury - what a range he had ! Also perhaps George Michael.

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Jul 10 2007, 12:31 AM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 10 2007, 01:31 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I would have to say Bruce Dickinson, His style is my favorite, he has a unique approach to singing his songs, he can meet any demand emotionally in the song, From Sorrow, to joy to anger, he is very versatile, he has a voice, that to me, is the perfect "Storytelling" voice, he can convey his message, or Steve's, Daves, Adrian, Nickos, Janicks, or Roys ect. or any musician he works with perfectly.

Secondly i would have to say Rob Halford, those high notes are simply Inhuman, and the fact that he can go from those intense high banshee like screams to the low rumbling growls speaks alot of his talent, he inspires me to just be as good as i can be.

+Quote Post
icedern
Jul 10 2007, 01:41 AM
Bruce-a-away-away-a-way

Definitely Bruce Dickinson as my number one. He can sing like no other. Then I would have to say some close seconds are Rob Halford, Mathew Barlow, Ripper Owens, Hansi Kursh.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Aaron
Jul 10 2007, 01:51 AM
James Hetfield and Serj Tankian

--------------------
DON'T BUG ME ... I'M PRACTICING

Gear: (new) fender strat , 25g frontman amp,
Wishlist: Ibanez Jem, Flying V natural.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jul 10 2007, 02:09 AM
QUOTE (icedern @ Jul 9 2007, 07:41 PM) *
Bruce-a-away-away-a-way

Definitely Bruce Dickinson as my number one. He can sing like no other. Then I would have to say some close seconds are Rob Halford, Mathew Barlow, Ripper Owens, Hansi Kursh.

favorite male, god he had a beautiful voice

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w3rQvVhClk4

2nd favorite male

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fF6fUgKoY_M

favorite all time female. thought of as a novelty by most, however she had an incredible voice

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-cxXAwKWukU

2nd female

have to give credit to any singer who passed on a scholarship to Juilliard to study Opera. Her guitarist taught her to sing rock though (got her to stop sounding like Julie Andrews in the "Sound of Music"). She married him, think they are still married.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g4rPIjWqMRc

+Quote Post
SDMF75
Jul 10 2007, 02:25 AM
in no particular order here....

Bruce Dickinson
Sebastian Bach
Geoff Tate
Rob Halford

--------------------
Guitars - Schecter C1-FR Hellraiser Black Cherry
Ibanez Iceman w/ DiMarzio Super Distortion in the Bridge and DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell in the Neck
Xaviere XV-700 Cherry Sunburst (Les Paul copy)
Lyon Def Leppard Special Union Jack (to go under construction soon - 1st thing to be removed will be the Def Lep logo on the headstock and then off to change the pickups etc. - plays pretty well for a Target special)
Washburn KC-40 (in pieces and about to be re-painted)
Yamaha Classical Acoustic

Bass - Signed Gene Simmons Punisher Tobacco Sunburst #345 - Collector purposes only

Amp - Roland Cube 60, Roland MicroCube

Effects - Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah

Fat bottomed girls You make the rockin' world go round!!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:58 PM