> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(8.2, Pass) Take 2: Slayer Style (beginner), Lesson By Lian Gerbino
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

JTaylor
Mar 10 2012, 04:14 PM
Apprentice Roadie
Original lesson: Slayer Style (Beginner) by Lian Gerbino

Here it is again, minus the nails! Although I passed the first time, I was not happy with it. Since it is beginner rhythm, I feel my timing needs to be on the mark. I did record the video and audio with different takes and hope that is okay. If not, it's not a problem to re-do it. Thanks for checking it out (again)! Jon Taylor / Cosmin's Commandoes / Lupu Legacy, USA Division

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=43360

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Ben Higgins
Mar 10 2012, 09:13 PM
Instructor
Hi Jon.. this is a definite improvement over your previous take.. the timing, while still not perfect, is much better now smile.gif

There's a slight delay between playing the notes of the main riff and chugging the low E chord. I think you may be hanging on to the notes on the A string a fraction too long before playing the down strokes on the E, if you follow me ?

Another thing that might help beef up the sound is; when you're doing those descending chords G,F#,F, to E.. try muting the string with the side of your palm just after you've played them to make the chords stand out more smile.gif

Good stuff ! \m/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 10 2012, 09:13 PM
Instructor
Hi man! This take is better, you timing is better but it still need to be tighter! For any reason you play the riffs slower and then you have to readjust your timing when the next kick or snare sounds again. As the tempo is slow and you have some "dead time" between the kick and the snare you have to incorporate the rhythm into your mind while you are playing. Try to move your head or your foot counting 8th or 16th ntoes while you are playing it.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 11 2012, 01:07 PM
Instructor
Hey Jon! MUCH MUCH better, but there's still room for improvement - Gabe and Ben have summed up the idea very nicely, so follow their steps - meet me in your thread so we can discuss some rhythmic tightening tips biggrin.gif

cheers

Cosmin

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 11 2012, 07:11 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
8.3!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:54 PM