Some Questions Regarding Tube Amps
Fran
Jun 1 2009, 08:58 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I'm getting a Vox AC4TV head soon (all tube 4W - 1W - 1/4 Watt) which I hope to be perfect to play cranked at low volumes at home, and have some basic questions regarding tube amps:

1) What's the standby for? Some tube amps don't even have it... (ac4tv doesn't have it for instance)

2) Does a tube amp take a digital pedalboard (such as boss ME-20/50/70) well? Or is it much worse than using "analog" individual stomp boxes to maintain the tube "warmth"?

3) What's the effects loop good for? I believe I technically understand what it is (I guess it's placed between the preamp and the power stage), but don't see why it's better to use that instead of just placing the effects in front of the amp. (Again, Vox ac4tv doesn't have an effects loop)

4) Is there any problem with a tube amp without a Gain knob? (There's just a volume knob and a tone knob on ac4tv)

So those are my doubts!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:19 PM