New Trivium Single, Get ''Kirisute Gomen'' for free!
ZakkWylde
Jul 31 2008, 06:50 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hey guys I just listened to the first single of Triviums upcoming record ''Shogun''. The single is called ''Kirisute Gomen'' and will be available FOR FREE!! for 24 hours on the Roadrunner page. I am a huge fan of Trivium and this new single rocks like hell. It sounds like a mix of their old stuff with Thrash Metal...I can't wait for the record!

Here's the link:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/shogun/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 15)
audiopaal
Jul 31 2008, 11:35 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Thanks for sharing mate smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Jul 31 2008, 12:37 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Nice promo idea, offering a signle for free for a day

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jul 31 2008, 01:10 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Jul 31 2008, 01:37 PM) *
Nice promo idea, offering a signle for free for a day

Great promo idea, if enough people know about it smile.gif
But a cool thing to do as well, helps getting focus on their new album.

+Quote Post
Davidian
Jul 31 2008, 01:11 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I'm listening to it now, and I must say: I like it.
Vocals are different than the ones from their previous albums... But I like 'em biggrin.gif
The part I like the least, is the part after the... 'breakdown' (can't find a better word) @ 5.25

But it's a nice song, and I'd like to hear the full album ^^

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!

+Quote Post
Canis
Jul 31 2008, 02:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
Holy mother of Pete! I've never heard Trivium before, but this is awesome biggrin.gif
Thanks for sharing and the Trivium salvation biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jul 31 2008, 03:55 PM
Learning Tone Master
The song reminds me of Metallica battery but on the other hand it is inspired by their metalcore days. The record comes on the same day as Metallica's Death Magnetic record^^ (september 30)

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 31 2008, 03:59 PM
Instructor
Great! Thank you for sharing! I'm downloading it know. I like the first album because it remembers me to the old Metallica's albums with a newer sound.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 31 2008, 10:47 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Love it, I cant wait for Shogun, Its almost here smile.gif

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jul 31 2008, 10:54 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Thanks for posting. smile.gif

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jul 31 2008, 11:19 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Thanks for the share! I had no idea.

I'm not in to this...I kind of don't think it all gels together as a song very well. And as with the last album- some of the drums really kill me (when he keeps playing that straight beat over and over..yuk). However- i would have loved this 2 years ago lol. Hopefully i'll enjoy the rest of the album a little more.

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Aug 1 2008, 01:23 AM
GMC:er
Cool, I like this song, I loved Ascendancy(full of awesome riffs!), witch means The Crusade totally alienated me and left me fully pissed off. Because here was this band I loved and they make this total crap, radio friendly, Metallica rip off album IMO. It just wasn't the Trivium I loved.

But it seems they found a nice middle ground between the 2 albums here, now I'm totally stoked for the new record!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Aug 1 2008, 09:33 AM
Instructor
for free ????? yeah, amazing news !!!! thanks for sharing smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 1 2008, 06:26 PM
Instructor
Can't stop listening to this song and now I decided to listen again to The Crusade album. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Aug 8 2008, 02:40 PM
Instructor
I loved "Ascendancy" and thought "The Crusade" was kinda ok. I just somehow liked their "metalcore-ish" stuff better.

But still, I gotta say that the guys in Trivium have massive songwriting skills (especially Matt) and this new song is no exception smile.gif

This post has been edited by Toni Suominen: Aug 8 2008, 02:41 PM

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Ian Bushell
Aug 9 2008, 09:52 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Toni Suominen @ Aug 8 2008, 03:40 PM) *
I loved "Ascendancy" and thought "The Crusade" was kinda ok. I just somehow liked their "metalcore-ish" stuff better.

But still, I gotta say that the guys in Trivium have massive songwriting skills (especially Matt) and this new song is no exception smile.gif

Totally agree!!! Crusade wasn't as good, look forward to hearing the single thanks for sharing man!!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:25 PM