The Universal Version Of Logic Pro Is Here
Todd Simpson
Nov 18 2020, 07:16 AM
GMC:er
Yup! Just about the same time that Apple puts out the new macs running M1 chips, here comes the new version of LOGIC PRO! 10.6!!! It's optimized for Apple Silicon. Before you update, BACK UP YOUR LOGIC APP!!! Just in case you want to go back. If you are running an intel mac, Logic will be running in EMULATION, meaning it could be slow or a bit wonky depending on your setup. This video shows you how to back it up before you install. This new version of LOGIC requires MAC OS CATALINA or newer. It won't run on any previous version of MAC OS. If you are not upgrading your MAC OS to keep using some older app, like premiere or something, then this new LOGIC app just won't run.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JohnMathew
Nov 18 2020, 12:19 PM
I must admit I use hackintoshes since 2011. I own some apple products but I hate their non mate screens on desktop machines for work.

This switch to apple silicon with arm based cpus could be big if they can stretch gpu power. It seems, and I am pretty surprised that they got very good results in cpu benchmarks but gpu sucks.

Let's see what the future brings. I feel like when I bought my first speccy and c64 biggrin.gif. At last something exciting in the computer hardware world.

Cheers!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 18 2020, 08:35 PM
I am a bit concerned as well about GPU performance. Also about the ram limitation. As it comes from a mobile chip, most phones don't need more than 16gb of ram smile.gif A laptop / desktop does often need more. Im sure the next version of these chips will have more ram. I also resent that it's all bolted to the mother board. No more after market upgrades. But that was their plan. To force consumers to pay "apple tax" on ram and storage since it can't be upgraded. However, there are positives as well. Longer battery life, less heat, universal apps, etc.

I was impressed to see DAVINCI running on a Macbook Air doing 4k footage without dropping frames! My quad i7 can't run davinci at all without dropping frames. Either way, this is the future of the brand. I did like the Ipad pro based home studio idea as it's basically a macbook with a touch screen once you add an external keyboard/mouse and supports external HD monitors.

QUOTE (JohnMathew @ Nov 18 2020, 07:19 AM) *
I must admit I use hackintoshes since 2011. I own some apple products but I hate their non mate screens on desktop machines for work.

This switch to apple silicon with arm based cpus could be big if they can stretch gpu power. It seems, and I am pretty surprised that they got very good results in cpu benchmarks but gpu sucks.

Let's see what the future brings. I feel like when I bought my first speccy and c64 biggrin.gif. At last something exciting in the computer hardware world.

Cheers!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:19 PM