Boss Js-8
AuRorA
Dec 21 2010, 03:29 PM
GMC:er
well...here we go again... biggrin.gif

after not touching my guitar for a loooooooooooooooong time - over a year at least sad.gif I finally decided that I need to find time to start playing again. So, after briefly looking at higher end offers - rack eleven and fx ultra (one day, one day smile.gif) I decided that this would be fine for my current needs - allowing me to put away my amp and pedalboard which take up space I don't have...

now its just a matter of finding time to play as often as I can and work my way back up...fingers feel like pieces of concrete right now...LOL

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 21 2010, 06:17 PM
Instructor
glad to hear you are getting back to music!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 21 2010, 07:55 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Yeah it' always a good thing going back to the 6-string smile.gif

Let us know how you like your JS-8, I'm curious smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 26 2010, 01:01 PM
Instructor
I'm curious about that device as well, if you have the time to write us couple of lines about it it would be great smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
AuRorA
Dec 27 2010, 09:35 PM
well - I'm happy I bought it so thats a start smile.gif albeit not having being able to compare it to similarly oriented product I may be a little biased though i'm not sure there is anything quite like it below a rack eleven....

some may see it as being a bit pricey however I feel in the end its worth it - not only because of all the presets and the tone which - for the size - is just fine to my ears (yes I wouldn't mind having a Mesa MKV head with all the bells and whistles smile.gif but this thing is small enough to be packed and taken anywhere without any hassle) but it is truy a perfect training add on (for me) I can load up my own backing tracks via usb key or even capture them off the computer with it OR use the presets it has which are nice as well. Has a phrase trainer where you can slow down the music wthout it losing its pitch and of course a phrase loop which you can record directly from an outside source be it guitar or what have you (havent ried yet). The effects are straight off the GT10 so again they sound fine. in short the vids one can find on youtube give an accurate idea of what one can expect from it tone wise....as for anything else one may want I feel it has it all and then some - and in a small package.

I found a video in 3 parts which I think speaks volumes of what this little toy can do - pretty nice playing too smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rF4VaTgJb4...feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2Rtm12oXEc...feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh_JIxOiSrE...feature=related

enjoy

This post has been edited by AuRorA: Dec 27 2010, 09:55 PM

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 31 2010, 03:20 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (AuRorA @ Dec 27 2010, 09:35 PM) *
well - I'm happy I bought it so thats a start smile.gif albeit not having being able to compare it to similarly oriented product I may be a little biased though i'm not sure there is anything quite like it below a rack eleven....

some may see it as being a bit pricey however I feel in the end its worth it - not only because of all the presets and the tone which - for the size - is just fine to my ears (yes I wouldn't mind having a Mesa MKV head with all the bells and whistles smile.gif but this thing is small enough to be packed and taken anywhere without any hassle) but it is truy a perfect training add on (for me) I can load up my own backing tracks via usb key or even capture them off the computer with it OR use the presets it has which are nice as well. Has a phrase trainer where you can slow down the music wthout it losing its pitch and of course a phrase loop which you can record directly from an outside source be it guitar or what have you (havent ried yet). The effects are straight off the GT10 so again they sound fine. in short the vids one can find on youtube give an accurate idea of what one can expect from it tone wise....as for anything else one may want I feel it has it all and then some - and in a small package.

I found a video in 3 parts which I think speaks volumes of what this little toy can do - pretty nice playing too smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rF4VaTgJb4...feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2Rtm12oXEc...feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh_JIxOiSrE...feature=related

enjoy

Thanks for sharing this info. Good to hear you are getting back to playing. Yeah you fingers may feel slow at start - but you'll get back in shape in no time. It just takes some practice but you can't forget how to play. smile.gif

Regarding this unit - I'm a fan of compact stuff and this just seems like a great unit for bedroom playing and especially practice! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Dave Sterling
Jul 21 2011, 04:29 AM
Got an Eband JS-8 the other day and I really love it , I have my AXE Effects going to it from the headphone jack and I play tunes with it to practice and record with it. I connect my guitar to the AXE Effects, run the audio from the headphone jack from the AXE Effects to the Eband input, listen to headphones through the Eband or connect the Eband to monitors. I'm happy with the quality of the sound. I don't care for the speakers on the Eband much, I'd prefer to connect it to monitors if I'm not using headphones, I'd have to say that is where the Eband is weak, but it sounds very good with headphones and other then the speakers I'm very happy with it. I love the way you can slow down the song to practice at a slower speed and then increase the speed as my playing speed increases. It also works good for using it as a audio device connected to a computer, it records from the computer great, I've used it to record GMC lessons and found it to be a great practice tool for learning guitar, but it also records anything the computer can play. I've recorded a number of songs from Youtube. .

Overall a great device, speakers are so so.

Enjoy,
Dave

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 22 2011, 10:35 AM
Instructor
It's great to see that you are back to practicing, and you have a device that will complement that! Awesome to hear you are enjoying it! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:19 AM