Boss Js-8 Anyone Own Or Tried One?
transmission
Jun 16 2011, 03:19 PM
GMC:er
My first question in this forum is whether any of you own a Boss eband JS-8 or have tried one. I got one not so long ago and I can say it is the best piece of equipment I own for practicing. Basically for those who don't know it is kind of like an iPod dock which has around 300 backing tracks stored in it's memory and they are all on loops so the track is about 10 seconds long and just plays continuously.

You can choose many different effects to jam along with and it even comes with recommended effects for all the backing tracks. You can also create unique effects and tones and store them. The unit is built on the GT-10 and has the same interface and many of the effects on the GT-10.

Basically you plug the JS-8 into the mains, plug your guitar into the JS-8 and select backing tracks you want to play along to and then you just start playing. I am actually addicted biggrin.gif Its great for developing your improvisation technique.

You can also upload songs and slow the tempo right down if your trying to learn tricky songs by ear. You can also upload your own backing tracks and store them into the memory and then jam along to them (which is great for GMC because now you can download backing tracks wink.gif)

What is everyone's views? I personally wish something like this was around when I was in the early stages of learning guitar

Here is a link http://www.roland.com/products/en/JS-8/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 16 2011, 10:42 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I head about this unit but never had a chance to hear it in action. It seems like a really cool portable playing concept.
It's really cool if you have option to upload your own backings (you can find more then 2000+ on GMC now) smile.gif

Seems to me like a great learning tool (especially for improvisation part).

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
transmission
Jun 17 2011, 12:02 AM
GMC:er
It really is a great little toy to play about with and yeah you can upload backing tracks and other mp3's and jam along to them. You can even upload songs from artists and there is an option to mute the lead and vocals from the track so that you can actually play the lead part when you have learnt it or turn the tracks into backing tracks. I haven't tried this yet though tongue.gif

I used to have something similar called jamvox which had an amp made by vox which you connected to your computer and you installed software made by korg which acted as the interface for editing mp3's so you could jam along to them. With this as well you could plug your guitar into the amp and have the sound from the tracks playing and the guitar both coming out of the amp

I never really knew about the js-8 until I took a trip to my guitar shop and the guy made me play around with one. He definitely made his sale quickly laugh.gif although my bank balance may need reviewing now laugh.gif

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Jul 22 2011, 09:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
I am think about buying one.

What is your experience with the JS-8 so far?

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 23 2011, 12:39 PM
Instructor
It's a cool looking piece, although I somehow think all the things can be found in other gear, specially the computer. If you need practicing away from computer, this is the way to go definitely. I haven't tried it, but it looks like a nice all-in-one package for learning and jamming.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Jul 23 2011, 12:39 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:31 AM