2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Cleaning Your Axe
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 13 2011, 09:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jul 13 2011, 08:41 PM) *
Yeah - me too. But I kinda got used to it. Also, it's barely noticeable the day after. I never play right after application rather let it "dry" smile.gif

The coated strings don't need fastfret, so, that's another plus for them biggrin.gif biggrin.gif I just strapped my PRS Custom 24 with a brand spanking new set of Elixir 0.9 - 0.46! HEAVEEEN biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
moleman
Jul 16 2011, 01:56 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 13 2011, 08:43 PM) *
The coated strings don't need fastfret, so, that's another plus for them biggrin.gif biggrin.gif I just strapped my PRS Custom 24 with a brand spanking new set of Elixir 0.9 - 0.46! HEAVEEEN biggrin.gif

After your recommendation I got a set of elixirs that I'm gonna put on next week. Cheers Cosmin smile.gif

When I change my strings I always polish the whole guitar with a soft tissue and then with one of those microfiber guitar cloths.
I polish the neck with an orange oil wood polish, but haven't found anything good to polish the body. I am too scared to try car polish like Gabriel.

I also wipe the neck with a guitar cloth after each time I play (I'm greasy sad.gif ), and use my computer cleaner compressed air to get dust out of the pickups etc.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 16 2011, 02:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (moleman @ Jul 16 2011, 12:56 AM) *
After your recommendation I got a set of elixirs that I'm gonna put on next week. Cheers Cosmin smile.gif

When I change my strings I always polish the whole guitar with a soft tissue and then with one of those microfiber guitar cloths.
I polish the neck with an orange oil wood polish, but haven't found anything good to polish the body. I am too scared to try car polish like Gabriel.

I also wipe the neck with a guitar cloth after each time I play (I'm greasy sad.gif ), and use my computer cleaner compressed air to get dust out of the pickups etc.

Great man! Let me know how they feel smile.gif What tension did you get?

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 16 2011, 07:02 PM
Instructor
yes yes, I heard the grease does a little treble rolloff too tongue.gif biggrin.gif

I like cleaning the guitars, and do it often, every time I change the strings. I even starterd too use hand electric grinder similar to one on the picture (but with polishing tip) for cleaning the fretboard, it works great, and it's very easy to do.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
noztnac
Jul 18 2011, 07:18 AM
GMC:er
... while your at it don't wash your underwear. It's part of your vibe.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 18 2011, 08:15 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (noztnac @ Jul 18 2011, 08:18 AM) *
... while your at it don't wash your underwear. It's part of your vibe.

laugh.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 18 2011, 08:38 AM
Instructor
biggrin.gif don't you know that lucky drawers are not to be cleaned ever? As Will Smith used to say in 'The Fresh Prince of Bel Air' tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 18 2011, 09:48 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 18 2011, 08:38 AM) *
biggrin.gif don't you know that lucky drawers are not to be cleaned ever? As Will Smith used to say in 'The Fresh Prince of Bel Air' tongue.gif

Guys, guys, guys......... sometimes you have to know when not to listen to tv programmes laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 18 2011, 10:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 18 2011, 08:48 AM) *
Guys, guys, guys......... sometimes you have to know when not to listen to tv programmes laugh.gif

biggrin.gif well, that show was my favorite, during the times when I used to watch TV tongue.gif

+Quote Post
moleman
Jul 20 2011, 04:56 AM
Learning Roadie
Do you guys do anything to clean the metal fret dividers? (I don't know the real name unsure.gif )

Someone recommended putting tape on either side of the metal to protect the fretboard, and then rubbing the metal with steel wool.
I'm a bit scared to try it though, in case it scratches up the metal and I can't bend as smoothly.

Any experience with this?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 20 2011, 12:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (moleman @ Jul 20 2011, 03:56 AM) *
Do you guys do anything to clean the metal fret dividers? (I don't know the real name unsure.gif )

Someone recommended putting tape on either side of the metal to protect the fretboard, and then rubbing the metal with steel wool.
I'm a bit scared to try it though, in case it scratches up the metal and I can't bend as smoothly.

Any experience with this?

Check out one of Ivan's answers to this thread, a few posts above - that little electric grinder can have another head in its tip (a tougher one, suitable for metal) and after covering the wood with tape you can safely clean the metal fret dividers - although i am not quite certain of what sort of a head you have to use.

+Quote Post
besip
Aug 4 2011, 01:03 AM
I have Jacksonsl2h model Japan version with i believe rosewood fretboard....
i was never do the cleaning yeat because i was during some issue don't play the quitar over 1 year

the guitar was played around 1 year before was closed for long time on case.....after more then 2 years the string still sound good smile.gif but i want to change them..{first time on floyd rose} that's be fun smile.gif and with the change i want to clean the guitar and specialy fretboard..somebody here..say something abouth lemon oil.....
it's not expensive stuff cost around 3£ but what's about olive oil??? biggrin.gif can i save 3£ biggrin.gif ? ias was read here some guys use here car cleaner and this is work also good rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by besip: Aug 4 2011, 01:04 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
moleman
Aug 4 2011, 01:17 AM
Learning Roadie
Nah, olive oil is for newbies mate. You wanna go with chip fat. Used is best, so if you can't get some from your local, try to cook up some french fries in your house.

Little known fact: Jimi Hendrix used to polish his fretboards with chip fat, and started playing with his teeth after missing dinner before a gig one night.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 4 2011, 06:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (moleman @ Aug 4 2011, 12:17 AM) *
Nah, olive oil is for newbies mate. You wanna go with chip fat. Used is best, so if you can't get some from your local, try to cook up some french fries in your house.

Little known fact: Jimi Hendrix used to polish his fretboards with chip fat, and started playing with his teeth after missing dinner before a gig one night.

Hahaha biggrin.gif where did you know this from? It smells like a rock n roll story tongue.gif

+Quote Post
moleman
Aug 4 2011, 08:44 AM
Learning Roadie
I saw it in a Jimi documentary. It also said that he used to play guitar in the toilet a lot.

Ok, I'm lying about the fretboard, but I really did see a documentary that he used to play his guitar in the toilet because he liked the acoustics smile.gif

+Quote Post
besip
Aug 4 2011, 11:01 AM
QUOTE (moleman @ Aug 4 2011, 01:17 AM) *

haha smile.gif
i working on MC.Donalds now so i can ask them and take home some oil used over day..or better over week tongue.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 4 2011, 11:25 AM
Instructor
Oh mama biggrin.gif a flushing jam! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (moleman @ Aug 4 2011, 07:44 AM) *
I saw it in a Jimi documentary. It also said that he used to play guitar in the toilet a lot.

Ok, I'm lying about the fretboard, but I really did see a documentary that he used to play his guitar in the toilet because he liked the acoustics smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:27 PM