Signiture Series
gitarcitolga
Jul 16 2011, 09:39 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Not sure if this topic was spoken before. Do you think that signiture guitar series are exactly the same with the players' own guitars such as vai,satriani,petrucci etc..For example Vai can make his own modifications after Ibanez delivers him the guitar just like they promised but does Ibanez deliver us the Jem guitars exactly as they deliver the Jem guitar to Vai?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Cheers,
Tolga

-Life is beautiful-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 17 2011, 12:19 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (gitarcitolga @ Jul 16 2011, 03:39 PM) *
Not sure if this topic was spoken before. Do you think that signiture guitar series are exactly the same with the players' own guitars such as vai,satriani,petrucci etc..For example Vai can make his own modifications after Ibanez delivers him the guitar just like they promised but does Ibanez deliver us the Jem guitars exactly as they deliver the Jem guitar to Vai?

Typically not. The "Signature" series is a promotional tie in and they usually (not always) work with a given artist to build a shelf ready version of the players custom Axe. Not in every case of course, but a lot. Usually a famous player will have several guitars hand built from the custom shop of whatever vendor endorses him. For example Paul Gilbert has his guitars hand built either by the LA Ibanez Custom Shop or the Japan Ibanez Custom Shop. These instruments are enormously expensive and out of reach of most players.

However, buying a "Signature" model usually does get you an axe similar to what a given guitar hero actually plays. Though it was probably built in a factory, not in the little custom shop.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 18 2011, 08:47 AM
Instructor
Todd summed it up nicely, signature gear in general is made to recreate look, feel and tone of originals played by respectable players. In most cases the gear is not up to pair to originals, and in most cases it doesn't even have a good quality/price ratio (compared to non-signature gear you can find).

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 18 2011, 12:59 PM
Instructor
If it helps smile.gif I know for certain that when Vai came to Romania in December last year, he asked for two JEM 7v's out of the shop so that he may have by his side at all times. That means that he is using the same stuff you might, not all the time, but if it's good for him, I guess you can go for it as well tongue.gif

+Quote Post
nikeman64
Jul 18 2011, 03:48 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hello friend,

I have 2 signatures that I really would not want to miss anymore. A Gibson Les Paul Slash signature (I'v travelled 750 km, and back again to have this one !! ) and an Ibanez Joe Satriani 1200. They are both awesome axes. But I also have a Fender Deluxe Stratocaster and I defintitely hear and feel that guitar has the same quality then the other two. Good guitars don't come cheap, that's a fact. I was confident to buy the 2 signatures because I'm shure that nor Slash, nor Satch would agree to sell guitars with their names on if it was rubbish, and on the other hand companies like Gibson and Ibanez cannot affort themselves to make bad signature axes for guitargods, so... Go to a shop and try out as many guitars as you can , feel and hear the difference. Iff you compare signatures with other quality axes, you'll notice that you will pay a little more for the exclusivity, the choice is yours...
And never forget, a good guitar is neccesairy for getting good tone, but the most important thing comes out of your fingers and heart.

All the best, Nico wink.gif

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Jul 18 2011, 03:53 PM
Instructor
agree nico, they are nice instruments but you need the juicy tone in your hands first.
i personally dont like signatures, maybe someday my own signature would be nice, but i think the standard strat has more than what anyone need smile.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:19 PM