> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Beginner Solo in D, Lesson By Muris Varajic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Bjoern Dokter
Jul 10 2013, 03:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
Original lesson: Beginner Solo in D by Muris Varajic

Hey Guys This is my first take of this beginner solo. Actually, it's also my first REC TAKE ever for GMC. I'm looking forward to getting your feedbacks about my take. And because it's my first video I will also appreciate feedbacks about the video quality itself. Thank you. Bjoern

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 10 2013, 04:09 PM
Instructor
Hi Bjoern! Congrats on your first REC take! The quality is very good. There is some room to improve this one with a better lightening. It's not something that we need for REC but it will make your videos look cooler if you add a light in front of you. Halogen lamps are not expensive and they can really do the job.

Regarding your playing, you did a very good job. You look comfortable in front of the camera, and both your feeling and tone are good. There are some details to fix but you are on the right track.

1. You should make your vibrato technique stronger and wider (for example that vibrato at 00:08, or at 00:11).
2. That note at 00:15 is a bit noisy.
3. The bend at 00:18 doesn't reach the pitch perfectly.
4. The tapping that starts at 00:45 has some little timing issue.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 11 2013, 07:54 AM
Instructor
Hey Bjoern! This is a good take man!

I believe that Gabe spotted the details, so just take some time to implement them and you will have a flawless take - I am looking forward to hear more good playing from you!

Keep rocking,

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 11 2013, 02:07 PM
Instructor
Yep...Gabe point the most important aspects. As for the video. I would move a bit from the table to make myslef a bit more into center. Also the guitar would look better if the headstock would not be thrown away from the frame smile.gif Anyway Your quality is very nice - video and audio. As for playing it's pleasan't. Some details to work on but not much huge mistakes smile.gif Your feeling is very good and the timming also seems to work fine. I would work on the vibrato to make it more smooth. Great work! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 16 2013, 03:11 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 8

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:09 AM