2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Completed : Massive Power Ballad Collab, Bring the hair spray and emotions on this one!
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 8 2008, 11:11 PM
Instructor
OK guys it's time for another collab. I know you all have been busy lately on collabs, and I'll understand if you don't wanna participate.

For those of you who want in here's a backing for this lesson looped in 5 minutes for practice (the backing is further loopable) After you play a while you can record something to your liking smile.gif

So....who's in smile.gif

I'll upload the 40seconds backing for the collab in the UPLOADS topic as always.

Cheers guys smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  POWER_BALLAD_80TIES_5MINUTEES_LOOP.mp3 ( 4.76MB ) Number of downloads: 297

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JeroenKole
Aug 8 2008, 11:24 PM
GMC:er
Hey Ivan, could you e-mail me the file?

I feel Lyrics coming up for this so if you want me to try vocals, could I join?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Aug 8 2008, 11:28 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Count me in Ivan. smile.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 8 2008, 11:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JeroenKole @ Aug 9 2008, 12:24 AM) *
Hey Ivan, could you e-mail me the file?

I feel Lyrics coming up for this so if you want me to try vocals, could I join?

I would love to hear some lyrics as well mate, sure. just PM me your mail.

@UncleSkillet
You got it Uncle wink.gif

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Aug 8 2008, 11:44 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Aug 8 2008, 11:49 PM
Learning Tone Guru
I'm in smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Déjà vu
Aug 8 2008, 11:56 PM
GRRR!! I want to do this sooo bad!!But, I don't have enough confidence sad.gif . I've only been improving seriously for about a day... unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 8 2008, 11:58 PM
Instructor
Don't worry mate, a couple of notes is enough to get you started. We're here to learn new stuff not to compete. I'll try my best to comment the way you play and give constructive comments for practice.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Déjà vu
Aug 9 2008, 12:07 AM
Alright... I'll see if I can give it a "go"... First, I need some recording equipment (broken video camera won't do the job rolleyes.gif )... When is this "due"???

+Quote Post
JeroenKole
Aug 9 2008, 12:09 AM
QUOTE (Déjà vu @ Aug 9 2008, 12:56 AM) *
GRRR!! I want to do this sooo bad!!But, I don't have enough confidence sad.gif . I've only been improving seriously for about a day... unsure.gif

What is the worst that could happen, you could get improvement points from an instructor.

There is no way to be emberassed when you know you are just trying, especially on a place where it is meant to learn.

I couldn't sing to save my own butt. I'm still trying because I could feel a vocal line in me, and I know the lyrics will come later because I could feel the wheels turning in my head.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with trying, we are here to learn. And I believe that any true teacher takes joy in the fact that their students giving the best they can. In fact I believe that any guitar player sounds better when they are giving their best.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 9 2008, 12:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JeroenKole @ Aug 9 2008, 01:09 AM) *
What is the worst that could happen, you could get improvement points from an instructor.

There is no way to be emberassed when you know you are just trying, especially on a place where it is meant to learn.

I couldn't sing to save my own butt. I'm still trying because I could feel a vocal line in me, and I know the lyrics will come later because I could feel the wheels turning in my head.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with trying, we are here to learn. And I believe that any true teacher takes joy in the fact that their students giving the best they can. In fact I believe that any guitar player sounds better when they are giving their best.

Spot on mate, no worries, we are all humans smile.gif

The collabs deadline is 26th August. CHeck out my signature for an upload topic.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 9 2008, 12:22 AM
Instructor
I would like to give it a try
if there's a spot free. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 9 2008, 12:26 AM
Instructor
My pleasure mate smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 9 2008, 02:10 AM
Learning Rock Star
I'm in too, if it's possible.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Aug 9 2008, 02:26 AM
Ivan, I ran out of hairspray.

And my spandex are too small now..

This post has been edited by Tjchep: Aug 9 2008, 02:26 AM

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Déjà vu
Aug 9 2008, 03:30 AM
Thanks guys! Ivan. Quick question... How do I tell what key something like this is in? By ear? I'm assuming this is C Major... Or, some kind of minor scale.

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Aug 9 2008, 03:41 AM
QUOTE (Déjà vu @ Aug 9 2008, 03:30 AM) *
Thanks guys! Ivan. Quick question... How do I tell what key something like this is in? By ear? I'm assuming this is C Major... Or, some kind of minor scale.

It's in B minor.

QUOTE (Déjà vu @ Aug 9 2008, 03:30 AM) *

It's in B minor.

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Aug 9 2008, 03:44 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Déjà vu @ Aug 8 2008, 10:30 PM) *

Look at the UPLOAD thread for the collab. Everything you need to know (key, cords used) is in the first post.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Aug 9 2008, 03:46 AM
If theres an open spot I'll play wink.gif

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 9 2008, 10:15 AM
Instructor
Great to see all of you in guys smile.gif

The link in my signature will lead you to the upload topic which contains chords, tempo, suggested scale use, and backing. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Aug 9 2008, 10:20 AM
I'd like to give this a shot if there's any room.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:55 PM