Still Trying
Scoob
Jul 3 2007, 05:35 PM
GMC:er
After a hard Drive Crash, I have started back at working on the advice I was given.

Here is yet another Blues improv.

Based on advice before. I tried to add some Bass and more vibrato.

Please comment.

Scoob

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Scoob: Jul 4 2007, 03:51 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Blues_Improv.mp3 ( 1.36MB ) Number of downloads: 197

--------------------
GEAR
guitars: Yamaha SE 350, Yamaha FG-360, Jay Turser JT134 Natural Quilt Top, Dean Vendetta, Squire Telecaster (Project to modify to better guitar. New Pickups and electrical parts done).
amp: Peavey Rage 108
amp Marshall ATV20X - Just bought Mar. 2007
effects: KORG AX3G (Multi), EBOW, Danelectro Free Speech Talkbox. Old Flanger and Chorus
Interface: IK Multimedia STEALTH PLUG
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slammer
Jul 4 2007, 03:41 AM
I like it!!

you got some pretty cool Licks in there smile.gif

My Favorite is at 0:24 nice bluesy lick there!

Keep Playing!

btw, when I first heard it I though it was "Bad to the Bone" laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jul 4 2007, 04:11 AM
I second what Slammer said about Bad to the Bone!

I quite like this too.

I have a question about what chord progression the "Bad to the Bone" riff (as I'll call it) is?

You could consider making two tracks where you have your dedicated Bad to the Bone style rhythm and then do more solo over top of it.

+Quote Post
Scoob
Jul 4 2007, 03:33 PM
QUOTE (AIB234 @ Jul 3 2007, 11:11 PM) *
I second what Slammer said about Bad to the Bone!

I quite like this too.

I have a question about what chord progression the "Bad to the Bone" riff (as I'll call it) is?

You could consider making two tracks where you have your dedicated Bad to the Bone style rhythm and then do more solo over top of it.

The "Bad to the Bone" Chords as you call it is the basic blues EAGE" Woke up this morning" as I call it.

"I woke up this morning" EAGE "My Dog was dead" EAGE "Someone Disliked him" EAGE "Shot him in the head" EAGE - It is a very easy tune to write funny blues songs.

E A G E. Then Occasionally reverse order E G A E

And for this part I actually did record it as a separate track. There is also a simple bass track I did with a pitch shift filter.

Thanks for the advice. I will post for for you to play around with below. (Blues_Backing.mp3)

Have fun

Scoob

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Blues_Backing.mp3 ( 1.3MB ) Number of downloads: 141

--------------------
GEAR
guitars: Yamaha SE 350, Yamaha FG-360, Jay Turser JT134 Natural Quilt Top, Dean Vendetta, Squire Telecaster (Project to modify to better guitar. New Pickups and electrical parts done).
effects: KORG AX3G (Multi), EBOW, Danelectro Free Speech Talkbox. Old Flanger and Chorus

+Quote Post
teleman
Jul 8 2007, 01:56 AM
Sounds great. Good licks. Are you finger pickin?

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jul 8 2007, 02:11 AM
Yeah that backing riff reminded me of muddy waters - mannish boy. but a few of his songs are similar to that, and also so many others, its a great riff. and you did well Scoob. Sounded good, also sound quality, what do you record with?

- Hemlok

--------------------

+Quote Post
kethcup
Jul 8 2007, 03:46 AM
Very nice! Very nice indeed! smile.gif

--------------------

Ketchup

Ibanez Prestige S2170 Electric Guitar
Ibanez Prestige S1620 Electric Guitar
Ibanez RG350MDX Electric Guitar
Jackson Kelly Professional

Boss GT-6 Guitar Floor Processor
Sonar6 Studio Edition

M-Audio BX5-a Studio Monitors

Marshall VS65R Combo Amp

+Quote Post
Scoob
Jul 9 2007, 11:13 PM
QUOTE (teleman @ Jul 7 2007, 08:56 PM) *
Sounds great. Good licks. Are you finger pickin?

Thanks,

I am using a Dunlop Jazz III Pick. Very stiff, quite small, but quicker response and a sharper point for getting in where you need to be. Speed pickers use these more than blues, but I have learned to like them.

QUOTE (Hemlok @ Jul 7 2007, 09:11 PM) *
Yeah that backing riff reminded me of muddy waters - mannish boy. but a few of his songs are similar to that, and also so many others, its a great riff. and you did well Scoob. Sounded good, also sound quality, what do you record with?

- Hemlok

I went to see Muddy's son play about 2 months ago "Big Bill Morganfeild" was a great show, old style true blues.

I use a stealth plug to interface. for software I use Tracktion(Recording software) and Amplitube 2.0 (Amp and effect VST) that comes with the plug.

Lots of amp, effect, cabinets, mics & Stomp available with this package. I recently added the Jimi Hendrix's version of amplitube. another great package for vintage sounds.

If you want more info let me know and I can dig up the particulars for you

Thanks for the input.

Scoob

--------------------
GEAR

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jul 10 2007, 08:22 AM
QUOTE (Scoob @ Jul 4 2007, 04:33 PM) *
"I woke up this morning" EAGE "My Dog was dead" EAGE "Someone Disliked him" EAGE "Shot him in the head" EAGE - It is a very easy tune to write funny blues songs.

Nazareth! \o/

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Scoob
Jul 11 2007, 04:19 AM
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Jul 10 2007, 03:22 AM) *
Nazareth! \o/

Good eye. One of the best lyrics ever written.

Classic for sure.

Thanks for noticing

--------------------
GEAR

+Quote Post
SDMF75
Jul 11 2007, 04:43 AM
QUOTE (Scoob @ Jul 9 2007, 11:13 PM) *
Thanks,

I am using a Dunlop Jazz III Pick. Very stiff, quite small, but quicker response and a sharper point for getting in where you need to be. Speed pickers use these more than blues, but I have learned to like them.

Thanks for the input.

Scoob

I started using the Jazz III's too and can't stand holding a standard size pick anymore.

--------------------
Guitars - Schecter C1-FR Hellraiser Black Cherry
Ibanez Iceman w/ DiMarzio Super Distortion in the Bridge and DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell in the Neck
Xaviere XV-700 Cherry Sunburst (Les Paul copy)
Lyon Def Leppard Special Union Jack (to go under construction soon - 1st thing to be removed will be the Def Lep logo on the headstock and then off to change the pickups etc. - plays pretty well for a Target special)
Washburn KC-40 (in pieces and about to be re-painted)
Yamaha Classical Acoustic

Bass - Signed Gene Simmons Punisher Tobacco Sunburst #345 - Collector purposes only

Amp - Roland Cube 60, Roland MicroCube

Effects - Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah

Fat bottomed girls You make the rockin' world go round!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:08 PM