Hughes And Kettner Matrix 100, a good choice?
Bluesrock
May 9 2008, 08:35 PM
GMC:er
im going tomoro to look at one and i want to know anyone's opinion on them such as reliability ,also this will be my first big amp and im wondering if i cn still prctise on an amp like this? thanks in advance for any advice

Nevermind i think the shop that i was going to see's website is lying because everywhere else i look they seem to say that the model is discontinued.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
May 9 2008, 09:36 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Bluesrock @ May 9 2008, 09:35 PM) *
im going tomoro to look at one and i want to know anyone's opinion on them such as reliability ,also this will be my first big amp and im wondering if i cn still prctise on an amp like this? thanks in advance for any advice

Nevermind i think the shop that i was going to see's website is lying because everywhere else i look they seem to say that the model is discontinued.

Good amp, good choice! As good as the solid state amps gets.

Yes, being a solid state it's still good for practise at low volumes. And yes I think it's been discontinues and replaced by the Attax series. I think!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bluesrock
May 10 2008, 07:13 AM
ok thanks 4 the advice, so a tube amp wouldn't be a good idea because im now looking at a h&k switchblade 100. if i wanted to be able to practise with this amp should i rather get the 50watt version?

also do u have any experience with the attax series?
thanks alot

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
May 10 2008, 09:21 AM
Instructor
good choice mate

+Quote Post
Bluesrock
May 11 2008, 12:32 PM
Ok forget the H&K i think i've found my amp. its a Laney LV300T. its within my price range and suits my playing style and it can be turned down low enough to practise without messing up the sound. does anyone have any experience with this amp or any advice/objections to buying this amp

+Quote Post
MickeM
May 11 2008, 01:39 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I've got a Switchblade 100W and it works to practice with - sounds good and very low volumes even. Sounds godlike turned up. wink.gif
But, if there had been a 50W available when I was on the hunt for an amp I would have gotten that. 100W tube amp for 99% of all occacions is a bit too much.

+Quote Post
JVM
May 11 2008, 04:41 PM
Learning Roadie
It looks like the lv300t is a hybrid amp to me? I can't really tell though. Laney makes great stuff no doubt, but in this case I'd go with the switchblade, from what I hear H&K is really great too and the switchblade is really versatile and great sounding I think, at least going from what I hear from micke smile.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Bluesrock
May 11 2008, 08:18 PM
the laney only has a tube pre-amp. the guy at the store said its one of the few that wouldn't make a huge difference turned up or down. do you think thats true or just sales-talk?

+Quote Post
JVM
May 11 2008, 08:20 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Bluesrock @ May 11 2008, 03:18 PM) *
the laney only has a tube pre-amp. the guy at the store said its one of the few that wouldn't make a huge difference turned up or down. do you think thats true or just sales-talk?

If it has a digital power amp then it's probably true.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Bluesrock
May 11 2008, 09:02 PM
yip i think it is, unfortunenately the switchblade that i tried awhile ago has been sold but im goin back tomoro to try the laney with my own gear and il ask the guy about the switchblade. the only thing dat bothers me is that i don't really want to have to worry about all the maintenance issues that come with tube amps because i don't even have a clue how they work. also i'm not sure when im gna be able to play live so i want an amp that i don't have to crank up to get its real sound

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 11 2008, 10:25 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Laney can be a good choice..Just try it out with your guitar and see how it sound to you!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
JVM
May 11 2008, 10:53 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Bluesrock @ May 11 2008, 04:02 PM) *
yip i think it is, unfortunenately the switchblade that i tried awhile ago has been sold but im goin back tomoro to try the laney with my own gear and il ask the guy about the switchblade. the only thing dat bothers me is that i don't really want to have to worry about all the maintenance issues that come with tube amps because i don't even have a clue how they work. also i'm not sure when im gna be able to play live so i want an amp that i don't have to crank up to get its real sound

If you take care of the amp it'll last for a long time until it needs repairs, probably a tube change. I wouldn't really worry about the "maintenance issues", they're an issue so rarely that they wouldnt even really weigh in on a decision for me.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:00 AM