Feedback Wanted
HungryForHeaven
May 18 2012, 07:22 PM
Learning Tone Master
Ben.. As you know, I have been practicing your Schenker lesson on and off. I recently got some more inspiration from the "instructor plays instructor" video, and picked it up once again. The fast part of first half is still beyond me, but I have been working on the second half quite a bit the past week or so. I still have some trouble with the first part of the fast section. I know exactly how the notes should be played, how to think rythm-wise, and everything; and the speed itself is not really an issue anymore, it's just that I can't think that fast. I basically just hope to land on the bend on the right click. Well, it's not THAT bad, but still..

I am therefore asking for some feedback, tips, tricks, etc. Gabe is of course welcome with input, too, considering he's been working on this quite recently. smile.gif (And the rest of you out there, if you like.) I am aware of slipping on a couple of notes, but I will listen to anything you guys have to say.

Was gonna record a video, but.. things tend to go wrong when I try to do that.

Attached File  Schenker_pt_II___H4H.mp3 ( 782.45K ) Number of downloads: 242

H4H

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 18 2012, 07:59 PM
Instructor
Hey H ! It's great to hear you've picked this one up again smile.gif

Listening to your recording, you play that fast bit absolutely perfectly to my ears. Everything is in the right place. With these types of licsk I always latch onto the first note of the phrase so when it comes round again I can 'regroup' my pace. I use the first note, the dominant notes of the licks, to pace myself and get the grip of the timing.

The same thing applies to that fast hammer on lick in the fast tempo section. I concentrate all my energy on the note being played by the index finger and somehow the pinky and ring finger come into line.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
May 19 2012, 11:31 AM
Learning Tone Master
Thanks, Ben! smile.gif

What about the other parts? Phrasing? Tone?

The fast hammer-on lick in the fast tempo section is tricky, especially sliding out of it into the bend that follows. dry.gif
One day...

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 19 2012, 11:55 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ May 19 2012, 11:31 AM) *
Thanks, Ben! smile.gif

What about the other parts? Phrasing? Tone?

The fast hammer-on lick in the fast tempo section is tricky, especially sliding out of it into the bend that follows. dry.gif
One day...

Everything else was great, I only mentioned the fast lick because you drew attention to it. I really like your interpretation of it all. You're playing my lines but it still sounds 100 % like you smile.gif

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
May 19 2012, 11:59 AM
Learning Tone Master
cool.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:10 AM