Mtp Cv Playaxeman
playaxeman
Dec 2 2009, 04:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Pedja

I am really excited to do this MTP.

I picked up the guitar for the first time when I was 14 years old.
The reason I started playing is I heard Mark Farmer of Grand Fund Railroad, Ritchie Blackmore of Deep Purple and Jimi Hendrix . I wanted to learn that.

I never took guitar playing very serious until 1 years ago. That is when I joined GMC.net. The reason I joined is because I am playing in a cover bands sine 1,5 year I wanted to become better in theory (what scales to play over a progression) , technique (sweeps, tapping, AP, chords, finger picking) etc), timing, phrasing, style (blues, rock, funk, jazz etc)

I have been playing stuff without knowing what I was doing (what key or what scale to used at what chord) I want to play in a the way like breathing or walking: do it natural not forced.

Thanks to my MTP with Muris I have better understanding of what to play at what kinda chord, but I want to improved that.
But I have little knowledge of theory, scales. I know some pentatonic minor boxes by hard. I used them when I iimprovise but I like to extend my knowledge on this: see relations on how to use minor & major scales in a chord progression.
I don't have a perfect ear and timing. What I have been playing on GMC so far is learned by hard through GMC tabbed lessons .

I like a lot of styles wheter there is a good guitart in it: funk (T.O.P.), blues (Robben Ford, BB King, Gary Moore,Clapton, Jeff Heally, SRV) (Hard)Rock: Toto, Rush. MSG. Satch, Iron Maiden, UFO, Scorpions. Jazz:(Wes Montgomery) Fusion (Mike Stern, Al di Meola)

My overall goal is to become a (intermediatte) all-round guitarist. I want to handle with confident different styles: blues, funk, (hard)rock, ballads, Acoustic, fusion, Jazz blues, pop style of music.

My goals are:

- theory : being able to put theory in practice: improvise without playing wrong notes and play beyond box 1

- make better solo improvisations and phrasing

- better timing in general

- being able to have more structure in my lead part

- better overall technique: sweeping, AP, legato, tapping, sweeping arpeggios etc.

- being able to do acoustic finger picking like Bruce Cockburn in this song"If I had a rocket laucher" (

- understand and use modes in my solo's to spice up my range

Cheers
Robert

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Pedja Simovic
Dec 2 2009, 11:12 PM
Instructor
Robert my friend, thank you very much for this Guitar CV. I will put up your 1st assignment by tomorrow afternoon. We will get started on some theory which will later lead into timing and soloing ideas that we will incorporate with lessons. Stay tuned!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:35 AM