5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Fusing The Genres Collab
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 12 2018, 03:52 PM
Instructor
Hey everybody!! It's time for a new Guitar Collab!! (no vocals required)

The backing was suggested by Mertay and Todd Simpson and recorded by Taka Perry. I think that it's very inspiring and friendly for any guitar level.

Backing Track: Attached File  fusing_the_genres.mp3 ( 2.74MB ) Number of downloads: 135

Here is just the backing on soundcloud for preview:
https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/fusing-the-genres-by-tee-hawke

Key: E minor

Suggested Scales: E Minor Pentatonic, E Blues Scale.

------

If you are new to collabs please check out this: LINK

DEADLINE: June 30th (two weeks)

WHO IS IN?

Final video:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jul 20 2018, 09:33 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 12 2018, 03:52 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
In 100%

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 12 2018, 03:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 12 2018, 11:52 AM) *
In 100%

Faster than light! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 13 2018, 02:09 AM
GMC:er
Needless to say I'm in smile.gif I hope CAEL puts some drums on it with his new E Drum kit!!!!

Todd

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 12 2018, 10:53 AM) *
Faster than light! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 13 2018, 03:31 AM
I JUST HEARD FROM TAKA PERRY ON FACEBOOK!!!! He says he is stoked that this track is finding new life and that he plans to jump in and do a take!!!!! I think that would be awesome!! FULL CIRCLE!!

Attached Image

This track was years ahead of it's time IMHO and I'm thrilled to see it finally getting it's due!

The version RAMMIKIN and I did in Duet form got picked up by the legendary RIFF WARS Instagram channel and garnered an impressive 3400 views!Attached Image
This next version could be the most viewed collaboration in GMC History if it gets picked up by RIFFWARS which I"m almost certain it's going to as it's going to be KILLER!!!

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 13 2018, 05:16 AM

+Quote Post
verciazghra
Jun 13 2018, 12:23 PM
I'm in... 20%. Will probably fail horribly and try to forget about the experience!

--------------------
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -Leonard Bernstein

"The only love affair I have ever had was with music." -Maurice Ravel

"There's no such place as dumb question." -Dose One

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jun 13 2018, 01:07 PM
Cool, I'm in smile.gif

Quick question, the backing is 3 minutes isn't that a bit long? can I start for example from the middle instead of beginning?

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jun 13 2018, 01:08 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 13 2018, 01:17 PM
You are being quite modest verc smile.gif You are going to KRUSH this!

Todd

QUOTE (verciazghra @ Jun 13 2018, 07:23 AM) *
I'm in... 20%. Will probably fail horribly and try to forget about the experience!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 13 2018, 01:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 12 2018, 11:31 PM) *
I JUST HEARD FROM TAKA PERRY ON FACEBOOK!!!! He says he is stoked that this track is finding new life and that he plans to jump in and do a take!!!!! I think that would be awesome!! FULL CIRCLE!!

Attached Image

This track was years ahead of it's time IMHO and I'm thrilled to see it finally getting it's due!

The version RAMMIKIN and I did in Duet form got picked up by the legendary RIFF WARS Instagram channel and garnered an impressive 3400 views!Attached Image
This next version could be the most viewed collaboration in GMC History if it gets picked up by RIFFWARS which I"m almost certain it's going to as it's going to be KILLER!!!
Todd

Hey Todd! Great to know that Taka is joining this one as well!! smile.gif

And congrats on the views mate!

QUOTE (verciazghra @ Jun 13 2018, 08:23 AM) *

Go for it mate! Enjoy the process and share what you get! smile.gif

Great to have you on this one.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jun 13 2018, 09:07 AM) *
Cool, I'm in smile.gif

Quick question, the backing is 3 minutes isn't that a bit long? can I start for example from the middle instead of beginning?

Great!! Yes, you can jam over the part that you want, you don't need to play over the whole thing.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 14 2018, 05:37 PM
Instructor
Who else is joining this one?? I've added DEADLINE date.

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jun 14 2018, 05:37 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jun 14 2018, 07:27 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Gab

I will try, I feel it good

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Jun 14 2018, 08:40 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Of course I am IN!!!!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 14 2018, 09:14 PM
Please, someone go first, I haven't had chance to have a go yet but I will jump in when someone says it's ok for me to do so.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 15 2018, 01:01 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 14 2018, 05:14 PM) *
Please, someone go first, I haven't had chance to have a go yet but I will jump in when someone says it's ok for me to do so.

Cheers

Hey Phil! This is not a connecting the melodies one, it's a standard collab.

QUOTE (MisterM @ Jun 14 2018, 03:27 PM) *
Hi Gab

I will try, I feel it good

You're welcome!!

QUOTE (George Hlio @ Jun 14 2018, 04:40 PM) *
Of course I am IN!!!!

Nice!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 15 2018, 03:59 AM
This one is a regular collab so you can pick any part of it that speaks to you for doing a bit of soloing over! You can grab 4 bars, 8 bars, whatever you like!! Play along with the backing and just leave the record button on. Then go back and watch the results. This is what I did the first time I was building my solo for this. It resulted in my layered solo bit that became the bassi for the track with Rammikin.

I played a bit of rythm guitar, then some lead, then swapped around a bit. I liked most of it so I just ended up layering it all together and keeping it smile.gif Hope this helps!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 14 2018, 04:14 PM) *

Cheers

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 15 2018, 01:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 14 2018, 11:59 PM) *
This one is a regular collab so you can pick any part of it that speaks to you for doing a bit of soloing over! You can grab 4 bars, 8 bars, whatever you like!! Play along with the backing and just leave the record button on. Then go back and watch the results. This is what I did the first time I was building my solo for this. It resulted in my layered solo bit that became the bassi for the track with Rammikin.

I played a bit of rythm guitar, then some lead, then swapped around a bit. I liked most of it so I just ended up layering it all together and keeping it smile.gif Hope this helps!

Exactly!! smile.gif

Great ideas here Todd. That's how I usually compose my solos and arrangements too. Most of my solos for Cirse or other projects started as improvisations that then I polished.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 15 2018, 07:36 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 15 2018, 01:01 AM) *
Hey Phil! This is not a connecting the melodies one, it's a standard collab.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 15 2018, 03:59 AM) *

Doh! biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 16 2018, 05:07 AM
Never underestimate the value of just hitting the record button and going for it! smile.gif You never know what will happen, and after a few passes through, I forget that the I"m recording at all. I then go back and listen and find bits that I didn't realize were there. Try it folks! smile.gif Let it loop and keep recording. Your daw will keep each take. In reaper it will show as take1, take 2 etc.

Todd
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 15 2018, 08:24 AM) *
Exactly!! smile.gif

Great ideas here Todd. That's how I usually compose my solos and arrangements too. Most of my solos for Cirse or other projects started as improvisations that then I polished.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 16 2018, 06:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 16 2018, 01:07 AM) *
Never underestimate the value of just hitting the record button and going for it! smile.gif You never know what will happen, and after a few passes through, I forget that the I"m recording at all. I then go back and listen and find bits that I didn't realize were there. Try it folks! smile.gif Let it loop and keep recording. Your daw will keep each take. In reaper it will show as take1, take 2 etc.

Well said Todd!

I hope to see takes here soon guys. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 16 2018, 09:01 PM
Hello Gab/Todd,

Just a couple of bars to see if you think I'm on the right track and maybe get the ball rolling wink.gif I come in at 00:24 and play until the end of the file. Obviously needs work but I put it out there anyway wink.gif

Cheers

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/ftg-take-1-work-in-progress

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jun 16 2018, 09:03 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:15 AM