> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Major Pentatonic Scale & Triads, Lesson By Alejandro Pinero
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Jim S.
Nov 16 2021, 03:32 AM
Learning Rock Star
Original lesson: Major Pentatonic Scale & Triads by Alejandro Pinero

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=62554

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Nov 16 2021, 07:28 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hi Jim!

That's a great take, more improved than the first one. I like the fact that everything sounds clean and well separated. Also this time you not skipped the first part from lesson and you not added additional slides.

This can be played even better. It's visible that some switching positions aren't still comfortable for you. We can see some moments of hesitations (ex: 0:26, 1:12, 1:18).

I was again very close to not grade your approach because you still added descending parts which aren't in the original lesson. Please don't do this in future. If the lesson has only ascending licks, don't "improve" this with nothing else.
So, I will pass your take (only this time) but I will lower the grade because of those descending parts. You get a 7 from me.

Keep up your awesome work!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 16 2021, 08:29 AM
GMC Founder
Thanks for submitting the fixed version Jim,

This is interesting - because now that you have removed the reverb/delay tail we can clearly hear your chords are not ringing quite as long as Alejandros's.

This is ofc one of the bigger challenges with this lesson. Letting chords ring while still switching chord in time is challenging.

So to my ears this take is slightly less musical - though from an instructional perspective it is much smarter to practice with a dry tone, so you can clearly hear what's going on.

You get a 7 from me. Keep up to good work - and great to see you hear again mate 👊

/Kris

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 18 2021, 12:21 AM
Instructor
Hi Jim,

Great to see a new take of you playing this one. I think that this new take without delay is more enjoyable. I can hear your playing better, and I can say that you are playing most of the parts clean and with a good use of dynamics. However, as Kris said, you still need to work on sustain to avoid making the chords end too early. That's the next goal.

Besides that, there are some parts that can be improved (missed notes, or not completely clean chords), but it's just a matter of time. I think that you could keep this one as a warm up to continue practicing the shapes and learning the fretboard.

Another 7 here, keep up the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 23 2021, 11:39 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:28 PM