Tricky Pick Holding Concepts, Let's point out some famous players!
Darius Wave
Jul 7 2013, 02:14 PM
Instructor
Hey guys. Watching closely on the right hand of many skilled players we see them holding the pick between the thumb and the index finger but...most of them uses the side of the finger (so do I). There are also players who do this differently - like Van Halen or Steve Morse. The use figers other than index or just use other part of the finger rest the pick...hmmm

I wonder How many of famous players You can mention - the players with a tricky pick holding concepts ?smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 7 2013, 02:54 PM
Instructor
The one that looks most weird to me has got to be Marty Friedman smile.gif How the hell can you pick like this:

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Shaolin
Jul 7 2013, 06:23 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 7 2013, 01:54 PM) *
The one that looks most weird to me has got to be Marty Friedman smile.gif How the hell can you pick like this:

You mean: How the hell can you pick like this AND SOUND like this? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 7 2013, 06:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Shaolin @ Jul 7 2013, 05:23 PM) *
You mean: How the hell can you pick like this AND SOUND like this? tongue.gif

Yep...Marty is on my list too! smile.gif How the hell can he hold that hand so low and have no low strings ringing out ! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 7 2013, 06:52 PM
Video no longer can be watched hwere I live but sharing anyway;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=O8Wbb8r8PUs

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 7 2013, 09:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mertay @ Jul 7 2013, 05:52 PM) *
Video no longer can be watched hwere I live but sharing anyway;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=O8Wbb8r8PUs

I'm afraid it's the same in Poland....cannot watch...:/

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 8 2013, 01:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jul 7 2013, 05:36 PM) *
Yep...Marty is on my list too! smile.gif How the hell can he hold that hand so low and have no low strings ringing out ! tongue.gif

For me the most comfortable way to hold a hand is definitely Guthrie's - I mean when I look at his hand, for me it looks very natural - check him out playing some piratey music:

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 8 2013, 02:21 PM
Instructor
Yes - Guthrie is a "reference guy" in many aspects smile.gif He's the wrist player and always look so cool + He's so damn precist even on very tiny and dynamic overdrives smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 8 2013, 02:31 PM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jul 7 2013, 08:46 PM) *
I'm afraid it's the same in Poland....cannot watch...:/

found an alternative link smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTN_heVD4lY

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 8 2013, 07:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mertay @ Jul 8 2013, 01:31 PM) *

that's freaky - I've seen this guy smile.gif

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Jul 9 2013, 11:14 PM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Jul 8 2013, 01:31 PM) *

that's freaky, I'd like to see him throw in a gallop at that speed biggrin.gif

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 10 2013, 10:01 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Jul 9 2013, 10:14 PM) *
that's freaky, I'd like to see him throw in a gallop at that speed biggrin.gif

Guy is at least honest that ain't play a music with this example smile.gif)) Gallop at 400 bpm tongue.gif probably would sound as a regular 16th notes tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:41 PM