2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Thoughts On A Song Idea
bleez
Jan 30 2015, 09:14 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I like to come up with riffs and mess about with (attempted) songwriting. I thought it might be good to post up what Ive been working on for some feedback?

Gear wise Im using EZ drummer and for the guitars TH2, Im not expecting to get a fantastic sound but if there are any tips that might make the mix even a little better, Id appreciate it.

Song wise Im going for a 70's Sabbath doomy kinda vibe and Im thinking this would be - intro > verse at 0:59 > pre chorus at 1:17 > chorus at 1:34.
Im planning to go back into another verse / pre / chorus then go into something 'interesting and exotic' ph34r.gif

any thoughts, soul crushing or otherwise would be cool smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/bleez666/sabbatha20

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jaymz023
Jan 30 2015, 10:20 PM
GMC:er
I like it man. It it very Sabbath-like so you hit that on the nail. Nice to see people creating stuff like this these days.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jan 31 2015, 01:23 AM
Great Riff! I like the 'change up' at 1:34.
Keep going.

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Jan 31 2015, 03:03 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (bleez @ Jan 30 2015, 04:14 PM) *
I like to come up with riffs and mess about with (attempted) songwriting. I thought it might be good to post up what Ive been working on for some feedback?

Gear wise Im using EZ drummer and for the guitars TH2, Im not expecting to get a fantastic sound but if there are any tips that might make the mix even a little better, Id appreciate it.

Song wise Im going for a 70's Sabbath doomy kinda vibe and Im thinking this would be - intro > verse at 0:59 > pre chorus at 1:17 > chorus at 1:34.
Im planning to go back into another verse / pre / chorus then go into something 'interesting and exotic' ph34r.gif

any thoughts, soul crushing or otherwise would be cool smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/bleez666/sabbatha20

Hey I like it! The playing is very clean. I'd like to offer a suggestion for texture. I can imagine a sort of chuggy thing in the background sort of helping the drums along. Kind of a mix between "rocky eye of the tiger and Metallicas battery"
It might be nice for the bass to follow the drums sometimes too. Maybe I couldn't hear it or there is an octave effect on the guitar.
Lastly I'm not sure if this is sabbath esque but the guitars I hear in this track seem like a springboard for a good melody or solo.
Good job man!

This post has been edited by Jim S.: Jan 31 2015, 03:12 AM

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jan 31 2015, 10:15 AM
Tone Seeker
Nice work, Bleez !

Very Sabbath like song, and those guitars sound very good to my ears. Just don't worry about the mixing yet, just concentrate on composing. And your song's screaming for Ozzy or Zakk's singing cool.gif

Keepit up !

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 31 2015, 05:31 PM
Instructor
Hi Bleez, this is just beautiful!! Just for fun, would you like to send me a mix of this one 'cause I'd like to experiment with some melodies? biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
bleez
Jan 31 2015, 09:10 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey thanks guys I really appreciate the positive vibes and encouragement smile.gif Im well looking forward to pushing on with the track now!

QUOTE (WeePee @ Jan 31 2015, 09:15 AM) *
Just don't worry about the mixing yet, just concentrate on composing.

I was starting to fixate on trying to get a better mix, especially the drums but I'll take your advice and concentrate on the song for now, thanks. BTW if I can get a sound anywhere the quality of the stuff you've posted I'll be well happy!

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 31 2015, 04:31 PM) *
Hi Bleez, this is just beautiful!! Just for fun, would you like to send me a mix of this one 'cause I'd like to experiment with some melodies? biggrin.gif

WOW! Of course mate, that would be totally awesome smile.gif I've set the track as downloadable on soundcloud but if you prefer any specific format, just let me know and I'll get it to you. Thanks dude.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 1 2015, 11:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jan 31 2015, 05:10 PM) *
WOW! Of course mate, that would be totally awesome smile.gif I've set the track as downloadable on soundcloud but if you prefer any specific format, just let me know and I'll get it to you. Thanks dude.

Awesome! Thanks! I'll try something tomorrow. You'll have my news. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Feb 2 2015, 09:39 AM
Learning Tone Master
Sounds awesome for me! I like the idea, tone and as Jim said your playing is very clean. I hardly wait to hear the final result because I'm sure it will be a good song smile.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 2 2015, 09:56 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Feb 2 2015, 08:39 AM) *
Sounds awesome for me! I like the idea, tone and as Jim said your playing is very clean. I hardly wait to hear the final result because I'm sure it will be a good song smile.gif

thanks for checking it out Monica, much appreciated. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 2 2015, 05:47 PM
Instructor
Hey Bleez! As promised, I've been trying some melodies over this one! It's been funny to experiment with some vocals. This is off course a draft full of pitch issues, and without lyrics, but this is how I usually start working on melodies for a song.

Check it out!

Attached File  Bleez_Idea.mp3 ( 2.42MB ) Number of downloads: 110

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Feb 2 2015, 06:37 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 2 2015, 08:22 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 2 2015, 04:47 PM) *
Hey Bleez! As promised, I've been trying some melodies over this one! It's been funny to experiment with some vocals. This is off course a draft full of pitch issues, and without lyrics, but this is how I usually start working on melodies for a song.

Check it out!

Attached File  Bleez_Idea.mp3 ( 2.42MB ) Number of downloads: 110

aw man what seriously cool melodies ohmy.gif I can totally hear what you are going for. Even with no lyrics that chorus has a brilliant stoner groove to it, almost has a john garcia type of vibe. Its already stuck in my head, Thanks so much Gab biggrin.gif

*you really should have a stoner rock band side project at some point!

This post has been edited by bleez: Feb 2 2015, 08:24 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 2 2015, 11:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Feb 2 2015, 04:22 PM) *
aw man what seriously cool melodies ohmy.gif I can totally hear what you are going for. Even with no lyrics that chorus has a brilliant stoner groove to it, almost has a john garcia type of vibe. Its already stuck in my head, Thanks so much Gab biggrin.gif

*you really should have a stoner rock band side project at some point!

Great to know that you liked! smile.gif Your tune is very inspiring! Feel free to continue the tune and use the melodies for it. Maybe then we can ask a singer to try the melodies with lyrics.

Stoner band? I have lots of rocker tunes in my archive, I have to do something soon with it. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Spock
Feb 3 2015, 09:10 AM
MORE COW BELL!!!!

Nah - I love it, you definitely hit that early Sabbath vibe; tone feel and all. It's sounding awesome.

And then Gabs vocals were KILLER - it switched it up to a sort of Sound Garden feel.

Lots of potential on this one man, great start.

This post has been edited by Spock: Feb 3 2015, 09:11 AM

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 3 2015, 12:16 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 2 2015, 10:28 PM) *
Great to know that you liked! smile.gif Your tune is very inspiring! Feel free to continue the tune and use the melodies for it. Maybe then we can ask a singer to try the melodies with lyrics.

Stoner band? I have lots of rocker tunes in my archive, I have to do something soon with it. biggrin.gif

Im totally fired up to keep working on this now smile.gif I have ( what I think ) will be a good end section. I just need to come up with an interesting middle part.

QUOTE (Spock @ Feb 3 2015, 08:10 AM) *
MORE COW BELL!!!!

Nah - I love it, you definitely hit that early Sabbath vibe; tone feel and all. It's sounding awesome.

And then Gabs vocals were KILLER - it switched it up to a sort of Sound Garden feel.

Lots of potential on this one man, great start.

thanks dude smile.gif gabs vocal melodies really do give it something extra cool.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 3 2015, 01:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Feb 3 2015, 08:16 AM) *
Im totally fired up to keep working on this now smile.gif I have ( what I think ) will be a good end section. I just need to come up with an interesting middle part.

thanks dude smile.gif gabs vocal melodies really do give it something extra cool.

Cool! I'm curious to hear the end section. I'm ready to create some more vocal lines when it's needed. biggrin.gif

The cool thing about this style is that you can really experiment with uncommon structures and it works good, so feel free to give this one a more "evolution" structure instead of a classic song one.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 6 2015, 06:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
Don't stop now, Bleez! You've got something cool going here smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 6 2015, 08:39 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 6 2015, 05:31 PM) *
Don't stop now, Bleez! You've got something cool going here smile.gif

Thanks Cael biggrin.gif Im well fired up for working on this! I have a riff which I think will be good for the end of the song.
Im just working on the middle part just now. I have an idea for it which Im trying out, its quite different from the rest of the song, hopefully it will work out. I think it sounds promising..... maybe smile.gif blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 6 2015, 08:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (bleez @ Feb 6 2015, 09:39 PM) *
Thanks Cael biggrin.gif Im well fired up for working on this! I have a riff which I think will be good for the end of the song.
Im just working on the middle part just now. I have an idea for it which Im trying out, its quite different from the rest of the song, hopefully it will work out. I think it sounds promising..... maybe smile.gif blink.gif

When you feel like it, share it for sure! smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 14 2015, 03:29 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
okay, so Ive added some stuff huh.gif
really interested on you guys thoughts, Ive added a couple of new riffs to the middle and the end, hopefully they all 'work'.

Ive uploaded the full track, the new part starts at about 2:45 but if you want a bit of context you can skip to about 1:55 for verse 2, pre, chorus, new stuff smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/bleez666/sabbatha-full

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:16 PM