Dean Vmnt1, Anyone played this guitar???
Sabbz
Jan 8 2008, 02:15 PM
GMC:er
Click for The Dean VMNT1

I WANT THIS GUITAR!!!! Unfortunately, there are no Dean dealers around here, so I have no way of trying it out. I was wondering if anyone around here has tried/played one and if so, what do they think of it?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear I wish I still owned:
Schecter C-S1 Elite
Ovation CC48
Peavey 6505+ HS
Dunlop DB01 Crybaby From Hell
MXR KFK 10 Band EQ
EHX Holy Grail + Stereo Memory Man
MXR Smart Gate
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
kaznie_NL
Jan 8 2008, 02:21 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I don't like the flying V like guitars. But that's personally of course. Aren't there any on Ebay?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Sabbz
Jan 8 2008, 02:34 PM
I've wanted a V for a long time, and outside of the Jackson Rhoads model and KV2K models which are expensive as hell, that's the best looking V I've ever seen. I'm sure they're on eBay, but I'd much rather get one from Sam Ash if it came down to that.

--------------------
Gear I wish I still owned:
Schecter C-S1 Elite
Ovation CC48
Peavey 6505+ HS
Dunlop DB01 Crybaby From Hell
MXR KFK 10 Band EQ
EHX Holy Grail + Stereo Memory Man
MXR Smart Gate

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 8 2008, 06:03 PM
Instructor
I wouldn't buy instrument on eBay,
that's piece of gear you really have to TRY before buy,
not like amp,rack units...or even stings biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Goliath
Jan 8 2008, 06:20 PM
I have an ESP ltd DV8-R (the lower tiered version of DV8, which was his DM's sig ESP guitar for about 2 years, I believe the price point was pretty close to what the VMNT1 is opening up at), which is a very similar instrument to that, I've got the live wires with mahog body/neck w/ neck thru construction (construction on VMNT is set, I'm apprehensive about that). I've got the same pickups (SD Live Wires Mustaine Signature) and they're incredible. Assuming that the construction doesn't change the sustain too much, they're probably pretty similar instruments, excluding the bevels, with mine having a beveled edge on the interior of the V and the Dean having it on the exterior of the V.

That all said, I won't buy another guitar that's not a King V. It's the most balanced and comfortable to play (standing and sitting, assuming you know how). It's ideal for me because it is so balanced and long that it accommodates my broader shoulders. The DV8-R is a pretty smoking hot deal in my opinion, build quality is pretty good, it plays and sounds great. There are some rough parts on the bevel that you can only feel with your hand and not see. I've been hoping to get my hands on a VMNT1 to see how it stacks up next to my beloved DV8-R. DV8-Rs are on ebay for pretty good deals like 450-600$ used. I'd definitely hold out for the ones with the Live Wire pickups, I'm sold on those pickups, they're incredible, less sterile sounding than EMGs but still pack tons of wallop.

Mine brand new (it was hanging up high on the wall at an angle looking like it was part of an ESP display at Sam Ash) was $700 in their Christmas sale, and I've not put it down since.

This post has been edited by Goliath: Jan 8 2008, 06:22 PM

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 8 2008, 06:20 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I played one at the Michael Angelo Batio show, Amazing instrument, looks beautiful, and plays extremely well.

PS
I have a big Flying V Fetish wub.gif

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Jan 8 2008, 06:21 PM

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jan 9 2008, 12:19 AM
QUOTE (Sabbz @ Jan 8 2008, 08:34 AM) *
I've wanted a V for a long time, and outside of the Jackson Rhoads model and KV2K models which are expensive as hell, that's the best looking V I've ever seen. I'm sure they're on eBay, but I'd much rather get one from Sam Ash if it came down to that.

theres a Jackson Rhoads model for $310 USD......

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:33 PM