<linkin Park> Re-regrade :-p
fire
May 24 2008, 05:58 PM
GMC:er
sorry guys, but I really really want the 5+ now biggrin.gif

www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/index.php/linkin_park

I added a Meteora album song-by-song description.
tongue.gif I hope I wont have to bother you with this article again xD

cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If you think you understood what I said, you neglect that the things you hear, are different from the thing I thought of. - Got it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
May 24 2008, 08:37 PM
Instructor
why you didnt upload the link here .i saw the first Wiki about linkin park it was good
and i think now is much better.good work fire

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 26 2008, 01:11 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Um, I'm sorry fire but the rules say only one regrade per article ... if it is any consolation, this would have probably got a 5+ as it is now an excellent article but we can;t call it 5+ for the sompetition, sorry sad.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Smurkas
May 26 2008, 03:10 PM
Nice article about linkin park, but does song/album reviews really belong in a wiki? Album/song reviews clearly breaks rule number 2 about bias/evenhandedness that states among other things that if an opinion is stated it should have general consensus. Doing a song by song description is fine but that is obviously not what you are doing, you are stating your opinions about these songs which, if understand the wiki concept correctly, does not belong in a wiki.

If you want to do an album review, that's fine but in that case it should be posted here on the forum in the right category yes?

The rulz:

2. Bias/Even handedness. We are writing an encyclopedia here, and should attempt to be even handed in how we present facts. When writing wiki articles it is okay to include opinion based information but only if it meets 3 important criteria.

1.) It should be relevant and important.

2.) It should have general consensus. Which means it shouldn't just be one person's opinion but a an opinion widely held to be true by a larger group of individuals.

3.) State an opinion as such. Often times people will say things like "Tube amps are regarded as better than solid state amps..." But that is misleading. That sentence makes it seem like there may be some study or proof to back that statement up. A better way to write it is "A large portion of musicians have expressed that tube amps have an overall improved tonal quality over their solid state counterparts though different benefits exist for each." Another option is to just use the word 'opinion' like "It is many musicians opinion that Tube amps are better than solid state amps."

/Marcus

+Quote Post
fire
May 26 2008, 03:44 PM
hey smurkas
yep, for sure, it isn't the stuff to see in a wiki, in general, but in my opinion if you describe a band / an artist, or only an amplifier or guitar, it's always personal related, and, for sure i wrote my opion, but I didnt hided it as a general opinion, and I think it might help people who do not know linkin park to get an idea of their style. I wrote my opinion with rating because (although I'm only one person wink.gif ) if I had only described the music (and you can't describe music really) people who getting interested in linkin park trough that article (hopefully anyone will) they would probably check the "wrong" songs out, it's hard describe for me, but it is a fact, that there aren't all the songs the same good, and it's not to me (or to anybody) to say "this one's better than that one!", but by giving my personal opinion I can maybe help people to find out songs they like, too.

@ andrey: no problem smile.gif already working on the next article, that time... hehe, i'm gonna make it mellow.gif
smile.gif

cheers

--------------------
If you think you understood what I said, you neglect that the things you hear, are different from the thing I thought of. - Got it?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:50 PM