11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >  
Kris Livestreaming!
Phil66
Oct 22 2017, 07:09 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Great one today Kris, you played awesomely over the SRV tracks but failed miserably in the restraint department laugh.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

Please study the material below to prepare yourself for the next challenge tongue.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85v4T-Q51io

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 22 2017, 09:46 PM
GMC Founder
Here is the replay (starts at 03:00) :

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 22 2017, 08:09 PM) *
Great one today Kris, you played awesomely over the SRV tracks but failed miserably in the restraint department laugh.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

Please study the material below to prepare yourself for the next challenge tongue.gif

laugh.gif Haha I take full responsibility for the failure - I will try my best to get more creative until next Sunday. Hope to see you then as well! cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 29 2017, 04:01 PM
GMC Founder
Livestream is ON! https://www.youtube.com/c/gmcguitar/live

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 29 2017, 07:11 PM
Great one again Kris, thank you.

Thank you for the answer about developing phrasing too, I hope it helped others too. I also kept it running after I said I had to go so I did hear your answer to playing over different time signatures. It's hard to ask the full question on there because of only being allowed 200 characters. What I struggle with is if I'm playing over something in 3/4 time, like Always With Me Always With You, it's hard to accent notes on the 1st beat of the bars when your so used to playing 4/4. I hope that makes sense.

I wonder if it's an idea to have a featured question on your live streams. Maybe it would encourage people to come and have a look. It's just an idea, I'm not telling you how to do you job wink.gif You could select a question from the forum each week that you think is particularly interesting and have a "Great Question Of The Week" feature when you feel like a break from playing after an hour or so.

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Oct 29 2017, 07:22 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 31 2017, 01:30 PM
GMC Founder
Hi Phil,

Thanks for the suggestion - I am not necessaily against prepared content for the streams (such as fetaured questions, instructional content). However I do enjoy the spontaneity - and I think that is what keeps them fresh. Perhaps you would liek to choose a question from the forum and ask me every Sunday - could be cool!

About the 3/4 time - I am sorry to say that I have never actively learned or practiced tricky time signatures - I simply have no experience analysing them. Like I told you on facebook - if I can tap my foot I am usually good - and I don't really see the purpose of counting... Sorry mate can't give you a more helpful answer here.

---

Here is the replay:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 31 2017, 01:54 PM
No worries mate. I just noticed my passing sounded odd when I played over Satriani's Always With Me Always With You because I didn't know it was 3/4. I was trying to play a chord thing like he does at the beginning but tapping 4/4, then I realised.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 12 2017, 03:59 PM
GMC Founder
Livestream is ON!

https://www.youtube.com/c/gmcguitar/live

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 12 2017, 09:19 PM
Great one today, I couldn't hang around for the reply to my question though so I'll wait for the upload wink.gif

I hope the collab link got a few people to come and have a look at us.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 13 2017, 08:23 AM
GMC Founder
Thanks mate - here it is:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 15 2017, 10:16 PM
Finally got around to finding the answer to my question. Not sure I fully understand the answer rolleyes.gif but I kinda get what you mean. I guess at my level, we want to "know" that we are playing the "right" notes by position rather than our ears telling us.

If anyone is interested scroll to 2:43:48.

Thanks Kris.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 16 2017, 03:46 AM
GMC:er
WOW. That is a seriously complex and EXPENSIVE rig you have there. I was hoping that others could copy your setup. Sadly I doubt many folks would be able to spend the kind of money it would take just to get all the software your using, much less get all the hardware. Since youtube stopped doing their own streaming and put the burden on users, it has slowed down the number of folks streaming quite a bit and now I can see why. It's crazy expensive!

The only free live streaming left is something like INSTAGRAM or FACEBOOK LIVE or TWITCH. Youtube has priced everyone out of the market it seems sad.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 16 2017, 10:15 AM
GMC Founder
Todd are you referring to my setup? Yes - wirecast is expensive but at this point well worth it as it has unparalleled functionality.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 15 2017, 10:16 PM) *
Finally got around to finding the answer to my question. Not sure I fully understand the answer rolleyes.gif but I kinda get what you mean. I guess at my level, we want to "know" that we are playing the "right" notes by position rather than our ears telling us.

If anyone is interested scroll to 2:43:48.

If I got it right- you asked about playing all over the fretboard. The standard answer would be to learn the 5-7 boxes of the scale, learn where the root notes are and then slowly start connecting them together - ie by using sliding technique.

What I was trying to say, is that not only is this method slow - but I think it is kinda boring.

So I suggest you learn new scale position by trying to play some music/licks in them. If you are having problems with that, there is no need to push things. Remember countless guitarists have built a career using just the very first pentatonic box. So you can stick to that one for a couple of more months if you are not ready for new scale positions.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 17 2017, 10:13 PM
Thanks Kris,

I guess I'm still paranoid about playing a "wrong" note so I try to visualise the patterns. I use extended pentatonic the most, I suppose I could try adding the full major/minor notes into that to start with?

Thank you

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 18 2017, 04:51 PM
GMC:er
I"ve heard nothing but good things about WIRECAST smile.gif It's evidently the best way to go for what it does. The price puts it outside of most students budgets for sure. The good news is, there are free options, like the new INSTAGRAM "STORIES" function, which allows any instagram user to stream live from their phone, also FACEBOOK has free live streaming, and of course TWITCH (intended as a game platfoorm) will work as well. So don't fret (pun!) over the high cost of wirecast folks, you just need your cell phone and instagram/facebook app to start live streaming smile.gif Of course, it's much more basic, but it's hard to complain for the price smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 16 2017, 05:15 AM) *
Todd are you referring to my setup? Yes - wirecast is expensive but at this point well worth it as it has unparalleled functionality.

If I got it right- you asked about playing all over the fretboard. The standard answer would be to learn the 5-7 boxes of the scale, learn where the root notes are and then slowly start connecting them together - ie by using sliding technique.

What I was trying to say, is that not only is this method slow - but I think it is kinda boring.

So I suggest you learn new scale position by trying to play some music/licks in them. If you are having problems with that, there is no need to push things. Remember countless guitarists have built a career using just the very first pentatonic box. So you can stick to that one for a couple of more months if you are not ready for new scale positions.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 19 2017, 12:59 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 17 2017, 10:13 PM) *
Thanks Kris,

I guess I'm still paranoid about playing a "wrong" note so I try to visualise the patterns. I use extended pentatonic the most, I suppose I could try adding the full major/minor notes into that to start with?

Yes this is def my favourite approach! And don't let fear of wrong notes lead you development - you will end end playing perfectly but very boring - at best!

If you are not making any such mistakes you are playing way too safe. I do mistakes all the time and I love my mistakes - because often they will lead me into new territory. (even if many of them do sound bad)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 19 2017, 04:03 PM
GMC Founder
Sunday livestream is on! https://www.youtube.com/c/gmcguitar/live

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 19 2017, 06:52 PM
Another good one Kris, thanks for the advice, I'll be checking out that fake picking lesson.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 21 2017, 10:15 AM
GMC Founder
Thanks Phil!

Here is the replay:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 26 2017, 04:02 PM
GMC Founder
Sunday livestream is ON! Feel free to suggest backings.
https://www.youtube.com/c/gmcguitar/live

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 26 2017, 10:50 PM
Great one again Kris,

I had to leave quickly but came back and then my laptop died, it was wife time so I left it.

I hope you liked the country stuff that I threw at you.

The John Prine track was from Lost Dogs and Mixed Blessings

The Little Big Town track was from Reason Why

You did great on both and managed to restrain yourself a little bit wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:12 AM