2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Hi From Quebec
Vinicitur
Oct 18 2007, 02:30 PM
GMC:er
Hi everyone, I'm Daniel from Quebec, Canada

I'm 40 yrs old and have been a metalhead since the mid 80's. I'm a new member but I've been visiting the sight for several months now and I've seen this community grow immensely. I really like the way people are respectful to each other.

My goals here are very straightforward. I've decided to be more than just a consumer of music. I want to create music. With all the great lessons and instructors here I think I'm on the right track.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image

There are 2 types of people in the world: consumers and creators. Which one are you?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 18 2007, 04:10 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Hi Daniel and Welcome. Here you're looking at yet a metal head from the early 80's... I'm actually stuck there cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Oct 18 2007, 05:01 PM
Welcome smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Oct 18 2007, 05:03 PM
Its good to have you here. Welcome!

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 18 2007, 08:17 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Welcome to GMC!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Vinicitur
Oct 18 2007, 09:20 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Oct 18 2007, 11:10 AM) *
Hi Daniel and Welcome. Here you're looking at yet a metal head from the early 80's... I'm actually stuck there cool.gif

Thnx guys. And MikeM there's nothing wrong in being stuck in the golden age
of metal. blink.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

There are 2 types of people in the world: consumers and creators. Which one are you?

+Quote Post
loop
Oct 19 2007, 08:39 PM
Welcome, smile.gif

Have a lot of fun.

Let`s rock wink.gif

+Quote Post
Fabian Schulz
Oct 19 2007, 09:06 PM
Instructor
Hi Daniel, hope you'll like it here.

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550, Squier Showmaster Jimmy Shine Signature

Amps: Marshall G30R CD Combo, Marshall MG100HDFX Halfstack

Pedals: Digitech DF-7, Boss RC-2, Dunlop Cry Baby

Wishlist: Brunetti XL R-Evo II or Brunetti Mercury EL34 and a Fabian Schulz Signaturemodel by Ibanez :D

Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 19 2007, 11:11 PM
Lets go fishing!
Welcome and good luck on your musical journey!! cool.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 19 2007, 11:36 PM
Instructor
Welcome Daniel,enjoy your stay!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
rokchik
Oct 20 2007, 08:02 AM
The Dark Canuck
Hey Neighbour smile.gif

Welcome and I know you'll enjoy it here.

rok

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Oct 20 2007, 08:37 AM
Instructor
Welcome Daniel! smile.gif

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Woolie
Oct 20 2007, 11:51 AM
Salut Daniel d'un autre Quebecois. Un Quebecois qui vit au EU, mais un vrai malgre tout.
Welcome from a fellow Quebecer. Enjoy, lots to learn in many styles and influences.

+Quote Post
Vinicitur
Oct 20 2007, 01:50 PM
Thanks everyone, having a ball so far! smile.gif

QUOTE (Woolie @ Oct 20 2007, 06:51 AM) *
Salut Daniel d'un autre Quebecois. Un Quebecois qui vit au EU, mais un vrai malgre tout.
Welcome from a fellow Quebecer. Enjoy, lots to learn in many styles and influences.

J'espere que tu perdras pas ton francais en vivant la bas tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Vinicitur
Oct 20 2007, 02:02 PM
QUOTE (rokchik @ Oct 20 2007, 03:02 AM) *
Hey Neighbour smile.gif

Welcome and I know you'll enjoy it here.

rok

Thanks Rokchik,

I was wondering if you could help me with something? I was considering visiting
L'anse aux meadows next summer. It's the replica of a viking village that's in your province. Have you seen it? Could give me some info if you have?

So far all I know is that the village is named Norstead and it's located 2km from the l'anse aux meadows national historic site.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
rokchik
Oct 21 2007, 03:23 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Vinicitur @ Oct 20 2007, 10:02 AM) *
Thanks Rokchik,

I was wondering if you could help me with something? I was considering visiting
L'anse aux meadows next summer. It's the replica of a viking village that's in your province. Have you seen it? Could give me some info if you have?

So far all I know is that the village is named Norstead and it's located 2km from the l'anse aux meadows national historic site.

I have been to L'anse aux Meadows but not for a few years now. What kind of info are you looking for? Actually going all the way up the Northern Penisula and through Grose Morne National Park is a great drive. How were you planning on coming to NL?

Edit: for spelling

This post has been edited by rokchik: Oct 21 2007, 03:23 AM

+Quote Post
Vinicitur
Oct 21 2007, 05:48 AM
QUOTE (rokchik @ Oct 20 2007, 10:23 PM) *
I have been to L'anse aux Meadows but not for a few years now. What kind of info are you looking for? Actually going all the way up the Northern Penisula and through Grose Morne National Park is a great drive. How were you planning on coming to NL?
Edit: for spelling

I might drive and take the ferry from Nova Scotia (there is one right?). It all depends on what I decide to do.

I'm thinking I might start off in Caraquet, New Brunswick. My family is originally from that region and I've never seen it.

I'm also interested in visiting Lunenberg in Nova Scotia. There is also a place in that province with fossils that I would like to visit. I don't remember the name though. ohmy.gif

Like I said before, for Newfoundland right now all I have is the viking village. And maybe some ecotourism: Boat ride to see part of Labrador things like that.

I might not do all of this the same year. Only have 2 weeks summer vacation. smile.gif

For L'anse aux meadows what I really need to know is about where it is on a map and if there are any accomodations near: towns near there, hotels things like that.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
rokchik
Oct 22 2007, 02:17 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Vinicitur @ Oct 21 2007, 01:48 AM) *
I might drive and take the ferry from Nova Scotia (there is one right?). It all depends on what I decide to do.

I'm thinking I might start off in Caraquet, New Brunswick. My family is originally from that region and I've never seen it.

I'm also interested in visiting Lunenberg in Nova Scotia. There is also a place in that province with fossils that I would like to visit. I don't remember the name though. ohmy.gif

Like I said before, for Newfoundland right now all I have is the viking village. And maybe some ecotourism: Boat ride to see part of Labrador things like that.

I might not do all of this the same year. Only have 2 weeks summer vacation. smile.gif

For L'anse aux meadows what I really need to know is about where it is on a map and if there are any accomodations near: towns near there, hotels things like that.

I highly recommend Nova Scotia...bias as is my home province smile.gif There is so much to do in Nova Scotia during the summer.

And yes there is a ferry to NL. a couple actually. One goes from Sydney, NS to either Port aux Basque or Argentia. Argentia is closer to St. John's and the complete opposite end of the NL from Lanse aux Meadows. the other goes from Blanc Sablon to St. Barb which is like an hour or so from LAnse aux meadows. As for accomidations there are lots around. I have a link to a web site that will give you some info but it's on my computer at work. I'll post it later for ya.

Also you could drive to Goose Bay and take the ferry to Cartwright Lab and drive down to Blanc Sablon then take the ferry. At least that way you see some of Labrador too. long drive though and all dirt road. I live in Labrador.

+Quote Post
jammer91
Oct 22 2007, 02:24 AM
Nova Scotia has a great fishing ground. The best canadian tuna and salmon come from Nova Scotia.

Too bad ive never visited that province.

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
Vinicitur
Oct 22 2007, 05:58 AM
QUOTE (rokchik @ Oct 21 2007, 09:17 PM) *
I highly recommend Nova Scotia...bias as is my home province smile.gif There is so much to do in Nova Scotia during the summer.

And yes there is a ferry to NL. a couple actually. One goes from Sydney, NS to either Port aux Basque or Argentia. Argentia is closer to St. John's and the complete opposite end of the NL from Lanse aux Meadows. the other goes from Blanc Sablon to St. Barb which is like an hour or so from LAnse aux meadows. As for accomidations there are lots around. I have a link to a web site that will give you some info but it's on my computer at work. I'll post it later for ya.

Also you could drive to Goose Bay and take the ferry to Cartwright Lab and drive down to Blanc Sablon then take the ferry. At least that way you see some of Labrador too. long drive though and all dirt road. I live in Labrador.

Thanks, like I said it all depends on what I decide to do. I first thought of going by the Gaspe region. That's if I decide to go to Caraquet.

But if I spend most of my vacation in Nova Scotia it might be easier to take the
ferry from the states to the maritimes. It's alot faster and I live an hour from montreal which means less car travel. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Vinicitur: Oct 22 2007, 05:59 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:02 PM