Ivan's Metal Arpeggiator Collab :), UPLOAD THREAD
Ivan Milenkovic
May 20 2009, 05:30 PM
Instructor
here's an upload thread for you to post your takes, so we can comment on them smile.gif

You can find the backing in the sign up thread here:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Marek Rojewski
May 24 2009, 09:10 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Hail Ivan!\m/ wink.gif

I recorded my take already, think there is an arpeggio in it ohmy.gif

Now time for some grumbling:
1. I had to use my old Ibanez, as my newer and better guitar is in a set up for another week.
2. I decided to record it today, because suddenly the exam session on my university fell upon me, and I don't know when I will have enough time to really relax and think off something better.
3. because of the above, I had to alter some things in my solo, for example I played the B 12-15 E 12-15 lick in legato, because recording it up to speed with staccato was bit problematic. I think it would sound better with full alternate picking.

Anyway I enjoined this backing track, I hope You will enjoy my effort, and if I find enough time, than I will try to record a cleaner/better take:)

Attached File  ivan.mp3 ( 663.87K ) Number of downloads: 346
with backing track
Attached File  ivannb.mp3 ( 663.87K ) Number of downloads: 180
without backing track

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
sted
May 25 2009, 01:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
Well, recording this was hilarious for a complete non-metal head like me! (Sod the tone, crank up the gain, scoop the mids!)
I admit I recorded in stages, the tapping sequence (Which Ive never done before laugh.gif) the sweep arpeggio (I can almost hear the metal gurus laughing at this one, took me about thirty attempts just to get it this close!) and the final little solo which I used a harmonic minor element, which I've never used either!

Anyway I gave it a fair shot so tell me what you think!!

Attached File  arpeggiator_collab_25.5.09.mp3 ( 708.98K ) Number of downloads: 361

Attached File  arpeggiator_collab_NoBT_25.5.09.mp3 ( 708.98K ) Number of downloads: 193

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 25 2009, 02:04 PM
Instructor
Great stuff guys, video comments are on the way smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
May 28 2009, 10:18 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Well here is my rough take:)

Few things (that AP lick is sloopy at beginning, some bad pick attacks during the second part) could be better but I am out of my nerves.. You never make that much mistakes as when you need to make NO mistake.. I played it like 1000 times without a bad note... but that was not while recording:D

Enough excusing - I suck biggrin.gif

Enjoy and comments please:)

EDIT: I noticed there is some bug on that sweep part - half a bar there is silence... I will rerecord again with proper transition between measures smile.gif

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: May 29 2009, 02:27 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Jakub_Luptovec_without_BT.mp3 ( 1.6MB ) Number of downloads: 196
Attached File  Jakub_Luptovec_with_BT.mp3 ( 1.6MB ) Number of downloads: 203

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
sted
May 29 2009, 03:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ May 28 2009, 10:18 PM) *
Well here is my rough take:)

Few things (that AP lick is sloopy at beginning, some bad pick attacks during the second part) could be better but I am out of my nerves.. You never make that much mistakes as when you need to make NO mistake.. I played it like 1000 times without a bad note... but that was not while recording:D

Enough excusing - I suck biggrin.gif

Enjoy and comments please:)

EDIT: I noticed there is some bug on that sweep part - half a bar there is silence... I will rerecord again with proper transition between measures smile.gif

wow man very slick! Love all the elements in there, I gather this collab was right up your alley!!

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
May 29 2009, 05:55 PM
Learning Tone Guru
The second part was:) I am more of modal player, than pentationic one and that first 4/4 part was just SCREAMING for some pentatonic bending/tritone licks:)

Thank you for your kindness - I cant explain how supportive is to hear this:) I am rerecording it right now, cos some parts are of (mostly that sweep was damaged during recording.. sound is muted there for a second.. dunno why)

EDIT: This is my final version, I guess its as good as I can do it

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: May 29 2009, 06:38 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Jakub_Luptovec_without_BT.mp3 ( 1.6MB ) Number of downloads: 182
Attached File  Jakub_Luptovec_with_BT.mp3 ( 1.6MB ) Number of downloads: 263

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
kjutte
May 31 2009, 08:50 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ May 29 2009, 06:55 PM) *
The second part was:) I am more of modal player, than pentationic one and that first 4/4 part was just SCREAMING for some pentatonic bending/tritone licks:)

Thank you for your kindness - I cant explain how supportive is to hear this:) I am rerecording it right now, cos some parts are of (mostly that sweep was damaged during recording.. sound is muted there for a second.. dunno why)

EDIT: This is my final version, I guess its as good as I can do it

Nice man, some volume issues at the shred part though. Also it doesn't seem to resolve, but maybe you intended it that way.
Either way, good job.

+Quote Post
kjutte
May 31 2009, 11:23 PM
Ok, here's my take Ivan. I struggled some with the first part, and it's a bit outside, but I hope you will like it.

This post has been edited by kjutte: May 31 2009, 11:26 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Kjutte_arpeggiator_wobt.mp3 ( 661.13K ) Number of downloads: 201
Attached File  Kjutte_arpeggiator_wbt.mp3 ( 1015.55K ) Number of downloads: 290

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 1 2009, 12:33 AM
Instructor
All I can say is WOW! smile.gif You guys posted some killer takes, and please sorry for not giving you a fair comments by now, I want you to know that I'm starting to prepare video comments now, so in some time I will start posting them for people who already did their takes. This is really awesome! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 1 2009, 01:08 AM

Sorry about not having a without a BT take and a with one, I just improvised and I will use my digital camera next time for recording.

Sorry !

This post has been edited by Eat-Sleep-andJam: Jun 1 2009, 01:10 AM

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jun 1 2009, 12:56 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Here's my take. smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  matt23_arpeggiator_wbt.mp3 ( 715.64K ) Number of downloads: 257
Attached File  matt23_arpeggiator_nobt.mp3 ( 680.38K ) Number of downloads: 147

+Quote Post
Deadevil
Jun 2 2009, 04:53 PM
Learning Roadie
here's my rough take on the collab,

there's still some things that need to be changed but i'm having some trouble with recording since it's my first time recording something tongue.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  metal_collab_withbt.mp3 ( 681.68K ) Number of downloads: 163
Attached File  metal_collab_withoutbt.mp3 ( 681.69K ) Number of downloads: 133

+Quote Post
gibsonmatte
Jun 3 2009, 01:47 PM
QUOTE (VictorUK @ Jun 2 2009, 07:01 PM) *
Heres my take smile.gif finnaly got enough time to record it today so here it is...
[attachment=16016:apreggiatorwithBT.mp3] (with backing track)

[attachment=16017:apreggiatornoBT.mp3] (without)

i had fun making it wink.gif

That was awesome man!

--------------------
My Last FM page

+Quote Post
sted
Jun 3 2009, 07:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
Wow! some high quality playing in here! Nice take Victor!

+Quote Post
Deadevil
Jun 5 2009, 05:27 PM
Learning Roadie
Ok here's my final take on the collab........

hope you like it smile.gif

any comments are welcome ^^

This post has been edited by Deadevil: Jun 8 2009, 03:10 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  metal_collab_withbt_.mp3 ( 681.66K ) Number of downloads: 212
Attached File  metal_collab__withoutbt_.mp3 ( 681.66K ) Number of downloads: 122

+Quote Post
arctic1234
Jun 7 2009, 05:11 PM
Learning Tone Master
Ok, here is my current take for this collab
Hope you like it smile.gif
Attached File  Metal_Arpeggiator_Collab_May_100bpm.wav ( 7.26MB ) Number of downloads: 177

Attached File  Metal_Arpeggiator_Collab_without.wav ( 3.54MB ) Number of downloads: 111

I am afraid that the rhythm or the sound of the recording could may not be perfect (these are the main things I'm struggling with).
If I find the time, and some improvements to be made, I will probably record another take, but this will do for now wink.gif

Anyway... Please feel free to comment smile.gif

--------------------

"Fake it ´til you make it"

+Quote Post
Toroso
Jun 7 2009, 05:21 PM
Here's my little ditty Ivan. Hope it's not too goofy. rolleyes.gif

What I tried to do is compose the whole thing from Em arpeggio and chord tones. How did I do?
Wasn't sure what to do with first part, so I tried to pick real fast! laugh.gif

Attached File  IVARP_TOR_BT.mp3 ( 1MB ) Number of downloads: 275

Attached File  IVARP_TOR_NBT.mp3 ( 1MB ) Number of downloads: 133

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 7 2009, 06:08 PM
Instructor
Its great man, rhythmic placement could be a bit better, but the choice of notes is excellent. I really like the take! smile.gif

PS I started recording the video comments, first two are recorded and the rest I will continued doing tomorrow.

--------------------

+Quote Post
arctic1234
Jun 7 2009, 06:18 PM
Learning Tone Master
Thanks man! Kind words from such a great player smile.gif

--------------------

"Fake it ´til you make it"

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:40 PM