Quick Licks #82 - Alternate Picking Open String Licks Cont'd
Todd Simpson
Jun 1 2019, 07:36 PM
GMC:er
Let's do an open string lick that works on our Alternate picking. Single string licks are a great way to work up your speed/precision on your alternate picking since they have no string traverse. All the strikes are focused on one string. This lick has a "Thunderstruck" vibe to it so it should sound familiar. It's a good example of moving a single shape on an open string to create a cool lick. Use your pinky if possible as it's good practice to use the weakest finger!

Attached File  82.gp5 ( 1.83K ) Number of downloads: 11695

Attached Image

Hit me with any questions! This one should be a bit more straight forward than some of the other recent quick licks. Give it a go! Spend a few minutes and reap the rewards of making yourself a better player! That's the point of all this after all smile.gif

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Jun 23 2019, 07:45 PM
Learning Roadie

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 24 2019, 08:23 AM
Nailed it!!!! Although I'd like to see you using that pinky!! It would open up other options for other fingers. I understand using the third finger as it's much stronger, which is why the pinky needs practice. Past the 12th fret many players switch to the first three fingers but not all. For lower fret stuff, pinky use is always a good idea. The more practice with the weakest finger the better! Still, listening with my ears and not my eyes, sounds great and I like the improve bit as well!! You just....
LEVELED UP!!!!You remain our TOP DAWG!!!!
Attached Image

Todd
QUOTE (onetabmat @ Jun 23 2019, 02:45 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 24 2019, 08:23 AM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 27 2019, 09:52 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Take 1 Sarge

https://youtu.be/TNXjGnirKww

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 28 2019, 11:24 PM
Well played here and you've got the lick down. In the tab it's looped four times per section as there are repeat brackets in the notation which makes for smaller tab than notating it all out without them. However, unless one hits play in the guitar pro file, it could easily be missed which is why I've started just tabbing repeats out the long way. I'm happy to badge this one up as is since you've got the lick down. It's just originally 4 repeats instead of two.
Todd
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 27 2019, 04:52 PM) *

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 28 2019, 11:44 PM
Sorry buddy,

I'll do another on my return with the correct amount of repeats.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 29 2019, 04:39 AM
No problem smile.gif Enjoy your trip!
Todd
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 28 2019, 06:44 PM) *
Sorry buddy,

I'll do another on my return with the correct amount of repeats.

Cheers

Phil

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 2 2020, 10:07 PM
Take 2 Sarge

https://youtu.be/JohGXhtmqvM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 3 2020, 04:53 AM
Bingo! You had this well sorted on round one and now it's just right. This kind of lick is great for working up right hand power. It makes other right hand heavy licks seems a bit easier. Try it on every string as a warm up and as endurance workout. You nailed it!! You just..
LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image
Todd
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 2 2020, 05:07 PM) *

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:48 PM