Hello Gmcer, introduction n3m57
n3m57
Mar 25 2015, 11:12 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

My name is Mathieu, i have 27 years old.
I'm from french and i work in industrial quality as team leader.

I practice guitar since 2-3 years (alone) , i join GMC to practice hard and to move forward.

I listen a lot of Metal ( heavy/death ) and i like neoclassical style.

If i should choose my favorite guitarist, that should be Patrick Rondat.

I love alternate picking, that's really what i want to work but i don't know where to start. (that's why i'm here)

Darius Wave made a lesson named "Alternate Picking Basics", i think it's a good beginning.

My gears :

-guitar : Yahamaha 821D
-pedal : Boss MT2 + OD8 3Mode Overdrive Biyang Top Spec TubeScreamer remake
-amp : Blackstar HT1R
-soundcard : Presonus Audiobox iOne
-mic : Shure SM57

Softwares :
-Guitar rig 5
-Amplitube 3
-Studio One 2

I try to record myself ( my first hard work ):

There is an other REC in the forum :
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=54097

So, that's all, thank you for all, sorry for my english, i know there is some mistakes.
I'm going to work my vibrato/alternate picking, see you soon !

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by n3m57: Mar 25 2015, 11:12 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Mar 25 2015, 12:45 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Welcome Mathieu, nice video, nice playing....

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 26 2015, 12:27 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hey Mathieu - welcome to GMC! smile.gif

I have watched your video and I think that your playing is really good. You have very nice sense of timing and you play with attitude and good dynamics. On which GMC lessons are you working at the moment? Do you need any help with the material.

If you'd like to practice alternate picking (which I think is a good idea), here is a cool lesson that will give your fretting hand a workout at the same time: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Altern...king-Workout-1/

You have good gear and I can hear that your sound is pretty decent in this video. Keep experimenting with the mix and recording technique to capture more powerful (heavy) guitar sound. BTW - please feel free to let me know if you need any help with video editing, I'm noticing that when you have picture in picture you "squeze" the picture and it looses its "aspect ration", instead you could use pan/scan option to "cut the frame" in order to fit two guitars in one 16:9 video, something like I did in this bass lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Midnight_Special/

Please feel free to message me any time if you need any help with finding specific lessons in the GMC archive or with anything really.

See you around smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 26 2015, 05:44 AM
GMC:er
WELCOME TO GMC!! smile.gif Bonjour! I"m Todd and I teach the weekend video chat lessons! We do lots of alternate picking work so please do stop by!!

Todd

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Mar 26 2015, 07:57 AM
Learning Tone Master
Welcome to GMC, Mathieu smile.gif Great to have you with us! Don't worry about your english, everybody can understand you perfectly wink.gif
BTW very nice playing!

+Quote Post
n3m57
Mar 26 2015, 10:21 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

Thank you for your welcome.
I'm going to practice Darius Wave's lessons (Alternate Picking Workout #1 and Alternate Picking Basics).
When i could play his lessons in normal tempo, i will request your help please, to show me what to work.
I feel good with GMC interface, how to work a lesson, i have no trouble .

MisterM : Merci, j'ai regardé ta vidéo, c'est monstrueux ( Thank you, i watched your REC, it's awesome cool.gif )

Bogdan Radovic : I got what you said with video editing, thank you, it will be better next time wink.gif
It's really difficult to mix audio, find the great tone, compressor, FX ... lol
Need to practice and experiment smile.gif

Todd Simpson : got it, i'll come (maybe not this week-end, next)

Monica Gheorghevici : thank you, nice alternate picking wink.gif

Have a nice day, bye !

This post has been edited by n3m57: Mar 26 2015, 10:22 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 26 2015, 03:16 PM
Instructor
Hi Mathieu! Welcome officially to the forum! It's cool to find your introduction here.

I can see that you are already busy with many work to do. It's very important to organize your practice in a clever way to get the most of your diary guitar time. Use a notepad to write down the routine, and take notes of your diary/weekly/monthly goals and your progress. It's also very useful to record yourself to be able to check the things that you could improve, to have a reference of your progress, and off course to share videos with us to give you feedback.

I hope that you enjoy your stay here. Feel free to contact me every time you need help. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:20 AM