A Bit Of Nostalgia :), Bring on the neon, hairspray and leather people :)
rokchik
Jul 14 2008, 12:56 AM
The Dark Canuck
Well last night was rather interesting to say the least. My friends and I attended an 80's theme night at a local bar smile.gif There wasn't a lot of NWOBHM played but the new wave and hair bands really threw me back in a time warp. Not to mention the fashion laugh.gif Oh the neon and big hair laugh.gif Yes I actually dressed for the occasion... sorry I burned all the evidence tongue.gif Anyways I decided to share some of my nostalgia with you all and dug up some old videos on youtube. There are way to many great videos to post but here are a few. I hope you enjoy my 80's flashback folks... and please forgive me too unsure.gif tongue.gif Feel free to add your faves too...

One of my fave song from the 80's smile.gif

Another fave song from the 80's

One of my fave video's from the 80's

Just pure 80's cheese smile.gif LOL!!!

Oh ya know ya danced to it at some point LOL!

ahh the glam...

No one does a better scissor kick then...

It's all about the power ballad people smile.gif

You just have to mention the Crue

well I'll stop there, kind of an eclectic mix actually smile.gif I could go on and on as there is just so much great stuff... and cheesy stuff... anyways maybe I'll add more later.

rok

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 14 2008, 01:21 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Nice list Rok, remember this one, the guitars still give me chills. So melodic!

House Of Broken Love

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jul 16 2008, 08:19 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (skennington @ Jul 13 2008, 09:21 PM) *
Nice list Rok, remember this one, the guitars still give me chills. So melodic!

House Of Broken Love

Very nice Skenny. I was a big Great White fan when I was a kid... haven't listened to them in quite a while though.

Here is another 80's fave of mine. Gotta love The Cult smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 16 2008, 08:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
I luuuuuuuuuuurrrveeeee the 80's. Wish I had experienced the eightees for more than just being born very late in 80s...

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
Jul 16 2008, 09:08 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Hammerin Hank)
I can't help but smile when I here this
QUOTE (rokchik @ Jul 13 2008, 07:56 PM) *

This will always remain one of my favs........
QUOTE (rokchik @ Jul 13 2008, 07:56 PM) *

One of the balzzzzziest tunes from that era in my opinion, love the use of the talkbox by Mick!!

Great topic rok biggrin.gif

--------------------
I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to learn

Check out my video lessons

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jul 17 2008, 02:42 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Henry Dietzel @ Jul 16 2008, 05:08 PM) *
I can't help but smile when I here this

This will always remain one of my favs........

One of the balzzzzziest tunes from that era in my opinion, love the use of the talkbox by Mick!!

Great topic rok biggrin.gif

Thanks Henry and I must agree with you on both points.

I've been singing the Safety Dance since Saturday... it's cheese but I love it "...cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance then their no friends of mine... " LOL! smile.gif And Kick Start My Heart is just straight up awesome. Probably my favourite by Motley Crue and yes the talkbox is killer.

@ Caelumamittendum: I turned 12 in '89 so my whole childhood was in the 80's. I may have been young but I remember a lot of it and for me it was a great time to grow up in smile.gif

rok

This post has been edited by rokchik: Jul 17 2008, 02:47 AM

+Quote Post
kahall
Jul 17 2008, 02:55 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (rokchik @ Jul 16 2008, 02:19 PM) *
Very nice Skenny. I was a big Great White fan when I was a kid... haven't listened to them in quite a while though.

Here is another 80's fave of mine. Gotta love The Cult smile.gif

Some of those in your original post do not hold up today. The Cult, that's a different story. They were just so cool.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 17 2008, 02:59 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (rokchik @ Jul 17 2008, 03:42 AM) *
@ Caelumamittendum: I turned 12 in '89 so my whole childhood was in the 80's. I may have been young but I remember a lot of it and for me it was a great time to grow up in smile.gif

rok

I can imagine! I was 1 year old in 1989...actually only between 0 days and 346 days in the year, so obviously I cannot remember anything. tongue.gif However, I've always considered music from the 80's to be very nice. I especially like all the synth-stuff! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 17 2008, 03:37 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Ah..... 1989.. Man, you guys need to stop. I was 16 in 89' racing mustangs and jamming to Skid Row, Crue, Ratt, old School Metallica, Dokken, and the list goes on.... biggrin.gif Man, I miss those days. We call it cheese now but back then, it was the shooops! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by skennington: Jul 17 2008, 03:38 AM

+Quote Post
kahall
Jul 17 2008, 04:33 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (skennington @ Jul 16 2008, 09:37 PM) *
Ah..... 1989.. Man, you guys need to stop. I was 16 in 89' racing mustangs and jamming to Skid Row, Crue, Ratt, old School Metallica, Dokken, and the list goes on.... biggrin.gif Man, I miss those days. We call it cheese now but back then, it was the shooops! laugh.gif

I was tooling around in my Chevy Blazer with a car seat in the back in 89, but the music was the same. Yeah, I was cool. heh!
What about Loverboy? I was really into them in the early 80's.
Here is my contribution: Turn Me Loose.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
Jul 17 2008, 04:34 AM
GMC:er
The Crue is definitely NOT cheesy! smile.gif

The 80s is where it was at. Some of the best bands and guitarists came out of the 80s.

Thanks for the share!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 17 2008, 01:39 PM
Instructor
Great era, lot of character there smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jul 18 2008, 12:47 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (kahall @ Jul 16 2008, 10:55 PM) *
Some of those in your original post do not hold up today. The Cult, that's a different story. They were just so cool.

The Cult would be great anytime anywhere smile.gif I think if they re-released Fire Woman tomorrow it would blow the tops off all the charts. It's such a great song.

The 80s is where it was at. Some of the best bands and guitarists came out of the 80s.

JCXXXL I couldn't agree more with you. The 80's gave us so many great bands and just so much great music. As kahall said not all of it holds up today but for me it doesn't matter, I love it!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jul 18 2008, 12:58 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Thanks for sharing, lotsa cool vids there smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:09 PM