3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Hooray! I Can No Longer Play My Electric Guitar. :(, Back problems SUCK!!!!!!!!
Sabbz
Mar 7 2008, 05:35 PM
GMC:er
To make a really long story kind of short, I've had problems with my back for as long as I can remember. About 12 or so years ago, I was diagnosed with Congenital Spinal Stenosis. It basically means that since I was born, my spinal canal has been shrinking, so to speak, causing the disks in my back to erode over time. (In a normal MRI, the disks on a healthy spine show up as white.......About half of the disks in mine show up as black!) This results tons of problems as I get older. I've had two lumbar surgeries in the past 3 years. Now I was diagnosed with a herniated T-7 and T-9 w/ pinched nerve. For 2+ years I've been having excruciating pain in the middle of my back. Doctor after doctor diagnosed it as muscular problems, since problems with the Thoracic spine are apparently very, very rare, that is until a few months ago when I convinced my new family doc to let me have an MRI.

This resulted in the present diagnosis and I was informed of some more good news yesterday. The operation isn't going to be a walk in the park, like the previous operations. There's a lot more to worry about in the thoracic area such as a huge potential of bleeding out and a possibility of being paralyzed from the waist down. And since the nerve has been pinched for over 2 years, there's a great possibility of permanent nerve damage. Anyhoo, this all boils down to the fact that playing the electric guitar is going to be all but impossible for me, at least for a few years. Maybe I can get back into it one day down the line, but for now I suppose it means that I'm going to be selling my entire electric rig.

So this really, really sucks but at least I can still play my acoustic. smile.gif Anyhoo, I figured I'd let the folks here at GMC have first crack at the stuff I'm selling. I'll list the stuff in the classified section, if anyone's interested.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear I wish I still owned:
Schecter C-S1 Elite
Ovation CC48
Peavey 6505+ HS
Dunlop DB01 Crybaby From Hell
MXR KFK 10 Band EQ
EHX Holy Grail + Stereo Memory Man
MXR Smart Gate
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Owen
Mar 7 2008, 05:39 PM
Ah, that sucks man, feel sorry for you sad.gif

Good to see that you're taking it well and keeping relatively upbeat tho, wish you the best smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Mar 7 2008, 05:49 PM
Sorry to hear this man sad.gif

I hope everything works out for the best

Keep strong... smile.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 7 2008, 05:57 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
So sorry to hear sad.gif

I hope you win and come back feeling better being able to play the guitar again. Hang in there, I know that with these kind of problems a persons everyday business is twice or tree times as hard as for someone who's perfectly healthy.
I feel with you.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 7 2008, 05:59 PM
Instructor
That's really bad,truly sorry to hear. sad.gif

Sorry for asking,can you play your electric guitar while sitting?

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Mar 7 2008, 06:08 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Very sorry to hear this and I'm sure that all of our thoughts and best wishes are with you. Hang on in there.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Sabbz
Mar 7 2008, 06:17 PM

Thanks for the well wishes guys, I appreciate it.

QUOTE (Muris @ Mar 7 2008, 11:59 AM) *
That's really bad,truly sorry to hear. sad.gif

Sorry for asking,can you play your electric guitar while sitting?

Muris, unfortunately, no. I'm so tall that I have to bend down to play when I'm sitting. And the spot in my back that bends, is pretty much right below the herniated disk, so that's no fun after about 10 minutes. sad.gif

--------------------
Schecter C-S1 Elite
Ovation CC48
Peavey 6505+ HS
MXR KFK 10 Band EQ
MXR Smart Gate

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 7 2008, 06:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sabbz @ Mar 7 2008, 06:17 PM) *
Muris, unfortunately, no. I'm so tall that I have to bend down to play when I'm sitting. And the spot in my back that bends, is pretty much right below the herniated disk, so that's no fun after about 10 minutes. sad.gif

I see... sad.gif
And what about acoustic,you said you're able to play acoustic,right?
I mean,don't you have to bend a bit when playing acoustic as well,that is hurt that way?

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Mar 7 2008, 06:35 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Really sorry to hear this man sad.gif I hope you make a quick recovery, enjoy playing acoustic in the mean time- and dont leave us wink.gif

+Quote Post
Goliath
Mar 7 2008, 06:36 PM
I'm sorry to hear this man, you might use this as an excuse to pick up the keyboard and work on your theory as well, so when you do come back to the guitar, you'll be a monster.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Mar 7 2008, 07:02 PM
man that sucks! but the upside is as Goliath says above you can learn the stuff not directly guitar related, but still healthy for your musicainship. cant you get one of those guitar stands for people who has to sing and play at the same time but dont want the guitar strapped on? so you stand infront of your guitar and play instead of having any weight on your back. or get one of those shred necks! so you can still work on your chops it is only one handed i believe. anyway sorry bout your back.

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Mar 7 2008, 08:45 PM
Shi... That must really suck. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 7 2008, 08:52 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
SO sad to hear this man sad.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
slak
Mar 7 2008, 09:00 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, man. I wish you the best of luck.

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Mar 7 2008, 09:20 PM
Instructor
Very sorry to hear this man, I wish all the best to you in the future sad.gif

I must say that I admire your great attitude though, always stay strong, no matter what smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Mar 7 2008, 10:40 PM
Instructor
feel sorry hearnig that .. hope you win .we are beside you and supporting you .

+Quote Post
Sabbz
Mar 8 2008, 12:01 AM
QUOTE (Muris @ Mar 7 2008, 12:21 PM) *
I see... sad.gif
And what about acoustic,you said you're able to play acoustic,right?
I mean,don't you have to bend a bit when playing acoustic as well,that is hurt that way?

The thing here is, I can strap on the acoustic with no problems, since it's so light. Maybe, later down the road I can play electrics again, but it would have to be an awfully light weight electric. And I'm honestly not even sure if they make electrics that are all that light, outside of maybe a hollow body, but I don't really want a hollow body electric. I'm happy that I don't have to give it up completely. Looking back, I don't see how I went as long as I did without playing. I think now it would drive me completely apes$!+ if I had to quit playing altogether. But still, there's really nothing like plugging in and cranking the amp up. Can't really do that with an acoustic. sad.gif I'm really, really going to miss that. Right now though, I'm considering investing in a really nice acoustic. Probably a higher end Ovation. The thing that really, really pisses me off about this whole situation is simply this: I've actually managed to get to a point where I'm somewhat satisfied with my playing, mostly thanks to GMC.

--------------------
Schecter C-S1 Elite
Ovation CC48
Peavey 6505+ HS
MXR KFK 10 Band EQ
MXR Smart Gate

+Quote Post
JukeboxHero
Mar 8 2008, 12:12 AM
Damn I feel really bad. Here's hoping to a quick recovery. I like your attitude though remember to always keep strong and keep your good attitude.

This post has been edited by JukeboxHero: Mar 8 2008, 12:12 AM

--------------------
Look left------->-------------->------------>-----------> I said left!!!!!

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Mar 8 2008, 12:13 AM
Singing Instructor
sorry to hear that sad.gif

--------------------

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 8 2008, 12:14 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
So maybe hold on the ads you put out? I'm positive several ppl are keeping their eyes open for a light weight electric for you right now.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:58 AM