Carvin V3
JVM
Jan 29 2008, 01:57 AM
Learning Roadie
What do you guys think?

Carvin V3

Clips make it sound really good, and quite versatile. It's also a decent price, ~$1600 for a head and single 4x12 cab. I like that it has a 100w and 50w switch.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Jan 29 2008, 02:08 AM
GMC:er
I had one to test out for a week. me and a buddy split shipping charges. The front grill was bent and rattled on the one I got. The amp-head looks like you should cook hamburgers on it.
I remember it sounding really good though. Especially for the price. I cant remember what it was about the foot switch that bugged me .....I just remember it switched wierd. If i didnt have the head i have now i would put this is serious contention for anything in the price range.....
Carvin makes great bottom cabs for a great price.
Their guitars are awsome 2.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 29 2008, 02:28 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (USAMAN @ Jan 28 2008, 08:08 PM) *
I had one to test out for a week. me and a buddy split shipping charges. The front grill was bent and rattled on the one I got. The amp-head looks like you should cook hamburgers on it.
I remember it sounding really good though. Especially for the price. I cant remember what it was about the foot switch that bugged me .....I just remember it switched wierd. If i didnt have the head i have now i would put this is serious contention for anything in the price range.....
Carvin makes great bottom cabs for a great price.
Their guitars are awsome 2.

I don't know if this might be why you thought the switching was a little weird: "Why does the V3 use the FS44, FS22 and MIDI footswitch controls?
FS44 controls your channel selections and Boost ON/OFF. The FS22 turns Smart Loops ON/OFF. Five of the six functions are controllable without the use of a footswitch, except for Boost. The FS footswitches simply add the ability to remote switch. A MIDI footswitch will control your channel selection, Boost, as well as turn your Smart Loops ON/OFF."

But anyway, I think this one has become a contender for the GH50L. Hmm..

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 29 2008, 09:09 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Sounds great! And those texture switched to color the sound does come in handy. It appears to be a great amp, from clean to ho-gain, towards the modern sound. biggrin.gif

EDIT: I just have one reservation about amps with so many features. Will it hold! I'd rather have a handwired 2 channel piece for myself, now I have the Switchblade with serial/parallelfx loops, MIDI control board, built in digital effects that are patched onto the analog signal, a technical steering of the pre amp tubes switching between them in an unusual way depending on the active channel. Scary!!!!!
Will all of this hold??? Will I still have this amp working in 5, 10, 15 or 20 years from now? I recieved my MIDI pedal today after it's been away for 1 month for repars, appearantly the early model had a weak cord connection to the board itself.
I love my amp but I'm so scared from all the hi tech stuff ph34r.gif It's german made and there are still old volkwagens on the streets so just maybe ... wink.gif

This post has been edited by MickeM: Jan 29 2008, 10:09 AM

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 29 2008, 02:32 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jan 29 2008, 03:09 AM) *
EDIT: I just have one reservation about amps with so many features. Will it hold! I'd rather have a handwired 2 channel piece for myself

Hmm - sounds a lot like the A.C.2 will be laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:00 PM