5 Stiches
jstcrsn
Nov 19 2009, 02:17 PM
Learning Tone Master
well I opened up my picking finger between the two joints ohmy.gif , on the inside of the hand , with a razor. laying carpet they have what they call a suicide knife because both sides of the blade are sharp and exposed. when i first cut and was looking for a bandaid i noticed there was a little more blood than usual and looked at my finger and saw things i aint ever saw before - doc says it cut to the bone, so five stiches later it looks like i'll have ten days off- did get lucky however and didn't cut any tendons so should have fulll movement when it heals.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 19 2009, 04:26 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Ouch!

I guess you can't play for a few days, hope you recover soon!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 19 2009, 04:40 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
So sorry to hear this sad.gif Its good that you won't have any problems once it heals though!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 19 2009, 06:29 PM
Instructor
it once happened to me too, I have the scar, but can play fine, smile.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 19 2009, 07:15 PM
GMC:er

tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Nov 19 2009, 09:09 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Nov 19 2009, 06:15 PM) *

tongue.gif

You Gore Hunter!!!!!
laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Nov 20 2009, 10:40 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Nov 19 2009, 09:17 AM) *
well I opened up my picking finger between the two joints ohmy.gif , on the inside of the hand , with a razor. laying carpet they have what they call a suicide knife because both sides of the blade are sharp and exposed. when i first cut and was looking for a bandaid i noticed there was a little more blood than usual and looked at my finger and saw things i aint ever saw before - doc says it cut to the bone, so five stiches later it looks like i'll have ten days off- did get lucky however and didn't cut any tendons so should have fulll movement when it heals.

I know how you feel. I cut my finger pretty bad about a week and a half ago. My stitches come out tomorrow. Hope you heal quick and get back at practice smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 21 2009, 12:52 PM
Instructor
Oh man, gotta be careful with that next time! ohmy.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 24 2009, 03:02 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Nov 19 2009, 07:15 PM) *

tongue.gif

sorry it took so long - today i just about broke my nose, no stiches neccessary

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Nov 28 2009, 01:29 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Nov 24 2009, 03:02 AM) *
sorry it took so long - today i just about broke my nose, no stiches neccessary

are you sure you shouldn't just stay home indoor and in bed all the time?? wink.gif

i once flew head first into a glass cabinet.. took my family about 15 minutes to get me out again without me getting cut in the neck and head.. i got this very deep cut on my right eyebrow, 4 stitches and a great story richer.. laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:54 AM