Pinch Harmonics, On the low strings
Toroso
Jun 21 2009, 01:44 AM
GMC:er
Hi Lian

I am tracking your How to Riff series one right now. Both you and Gabe pull off some great pinch harmonics on the low E. I am using your RR L6 patch and get squeals almost anywhere except the low E and A. Got any tips?

cheers man smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Live well, and live often!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Paiva
Jun 21 2009, 02:10 AM
Are you using bridge pickup?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
GEAR:

Guitars:
PRS SE Custom
Epiphone SG Special
Antonio Pinto de Carvalho Classical Guitar
Fender 12 strings
[/color]

Amp:
Epiphone Studio 10s combo
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe!!!!!!!!!!

Pedals:
Kork AX5G
Boss RC-2

2nd song :) Please go check it and post something ;) (again link below)

+Quote Post
Toroso
Jun 21 2009, 12:49 PM
QUOTE (Paiva @ Jun 20 2009, 09:10 PM) *
Are you using bridge pickup?

Yes, I am. Why?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 22 2009, 04:05 PM
Instructor
well, if you get the P.H. on the rest of the strings, you should be able to play´em on low strings. try different positions between bridge and fretboard. also practice moving a little your thumb.

+Quote Post
Toroso
Jun 22 2009, 04:11 PM
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Jun 22 2009, 11:05 AM) *
well, if you get the P.H. on the rest of the strings, you should be able to play´em on low strings. try different positions between bridge and fretboard. also practice moving a little your thumb.

I do sort of get one on the low strings. It just sounds more like I flubbed up tho. tongue.gif Never has the same sound quality, kinda muted sounding.

--------------------

+Quote Post
vampire18
Jun 23 2009, 05:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
well i can tell you that i had the same problom and i play a squire strat with stock pickups and the second i tried it on my RL instructor with his dimarzios it was another world

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toroso
Jun 23 2009, 05:34 PM
QUOTE (vampire18 @ Jun 23 2009, 12:27 PM) *
well i can tell you that i had the same problom and i play a squire strat with stock pickups and the second i tried it on my RL instructor with his dimarzios it was another world

Well, I'm loaded top to bottom with Dimarzio! Must be technique. Have to keep plugging away.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:00 AM