Need Help Choosing Piano..
ruben_mcn
Nov 2 2010, 03:57 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Guys,

I don't know if anybody can help me but still i don't lose anything by tryng..
I´m going to start to play piano and I want to buy a good Digital piano .. and i was advied to get one of this models:
-Kawai cn 33, kawai sa 18 ,Casio px 800 or casio ap 400..

I want to play classical stuff on the piano ..
Can anybody tell me wich on is a better buy ?

Here are the settings of the models:

http://www.kawai.de/cn33_en.htm

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PX800/

http://www.kawai.de/ca18_en.htm

http://www.thomann.de/pt/casio_ap400.htm

Oh and I´m a bit on a hurry cause i can't start lessons w/ out piano so the faster i decid wich piano to get the faster i can start learning tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Nov 2 2010, 04:44 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 2 2010, 04:09 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Nord is pretty much standard over here. Almost havn't even seen a band, with piano, that doesn't have one on stage.
Nord

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Nov 2 2010, 05:15 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks For the tip MickeM .. but that one is way too expensive for me tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 2 2010, 05:55 PM
GMC:er
Have you thought about getting a nice midi keyboard with weighted keys? That way you can plug it in to your computer via USB (assuming it has a built in midi to USB converter which many do) and have it make any sound you want, including piano. smile.gif

You can get a full size, weighted key (the weighted keys feel like real piano keys), midi controller keyboard for a lot cheaper than a digital piano. And it's a lot more flexible. For example, here is an Maudio option that feels just like a piano but is more portable, acts as a midi controller and is about half the price of a digital piano.

http://keyboards-midi.musiciansfriend.com/...ller?sku=H68049

Todd

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Nov 2 2010, 06:53 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for the tip but what i need right now is a good practice piano ... and not a midi controller even tho this might be more flexible..
I will most probably go for the kawai cn33 ..do you guys think that 96 pholifony is good enouth for classical music ?? or sould i go for one w/ 128 pholifony just to be safe ?

Oh and another question can anybody tell me (by the specs ) if the casio ap 400 has the similer sound/ action quality to the kawai cn 33.. (cause this one is a bit cheaper)

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Nov 2 2010, 06:57 PM

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Nov 3 2010, 12:45 AM
Learning Roadie
bump..

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Nov 7 2010, 09:41 PM
Instructor
as todd said i would go for a midi controller instead, much more possibilities man!
i have a vintage korg t1 and that + native instruments = amazing piano tones!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:58 AM