Flooding In London?
Todd Simpson
Jul 16 2021, 01:53 AM
GMC:er
Any GMCer in the UK see any flooding? I saw this vid and was shocked that I hadn't hear anything about it on the news.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 16 2021, 01:55 PM
I live about 30 miles west of London, on the River Thames and although we had the same amount of rain we didn't flood like that.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 16 2021, 06:11 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
A lot of Western Europe is getting it bad https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-57858829

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jul 16 2021, 07:38 PM
Germany got it bad too.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 16 2021, 08:09 PM
too make it worse, by 2030 the "moon woble" is going to make high tides higher and it looks bad for my home state of florida.

It's much worse than I thought. Egad. Germany really got it bad as you said. Most of Western Europe seems to have had smoe very severe flooding in recent days. They are calling it "once in a century flooding". Some scientists fear that it might become once ever few years type of flooding though, spurred by shifting climate. My heart goes out to all of the victims.

This town in Germany got hit really hard. To make it worse, they think it's not over. More rain is coming and dams are nearing the breaking point. Some towns are under several feet of water and it happened so fast people didn't get enough time to escape. It's hitting all over western europe and it looks like it might get worse before it gets better.

The worst part is that climate scientists are saying that this type of thing is going to become routine. We are paying the price for destroying our environment sadly sad.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 16 2021, 01:11 PM) *
A lot of Western Europe is getting it bad https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-57858829

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 16 2021, 10:06 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:23 PM