Mercuriall Tube Amp Ultra 530
Mertay
Oct 1 2015, 06:17 PM
GMC:er
Was going to be released these days but unfortunatly its delayed for 1 month sad.gif

I really liked this guys donationware stuff, some might not know he's a Russian programer who was laid-off from a company (irrelevant to music) and started making amp vst's while he was broke. Basically the guitar community supported him during his hard days and seems now he's taken things to the next level.

Will be worth waiting for the amp, here's a demo released recently;

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 3 2015, 07:43 PM
Sounds great! I Hope he makes some Macintosh stuff as well as PC smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Oct 1 2015, 01:17 PM) *
Was going to be released these days but unfortunatly its delayed for 1 month sad.gif

I really liked this guys donationware stuff, some might not know he's a Russian programer who was laid-off from a company (irrelevant to music) and started making amp vst's while he was broke. Basically the guitar community supported him during his hard days and seems now he's taken things to the next level.

Will be worth waiting for the amp, here's a demo released recently;

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Oct 30 2015, 03:34 PM
Its finally out smile.gif

There is a crippled free version, I'll check tonight; http://mercuriall.com/cms/details_u530

Edit; free vers. is too crippled tongue.gif I pposted a comment hopefully he'll respond....

This post has been edited by Mertay: Oct 30 2015, 03:59 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Oct 30 2015, 09:11 PM
For current free version I recommend; disable the cab. section and add what you normally use. Between the amp and cab. place an eq (pultec type works nice).

If you have a distortion pedal, set the amp to clean and test with the buttons. It might be the best amp vst I've ever tested for such approach.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 6 2015, 12:32 AM
I'm sure it got it's merits but having this type of approach to building a signal chain is what led me to products like TH2 where all of the elements are in one spot and you can create a preset to bring them all back up at the touch of a button. Of course, you pay a price for this as the plugin is not cheap. So it's a balance between cost and ease of use.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Oct 30 2015, 04:11 PM) *
For current free version I recommend; disable the cab. section and add what you normally use. Between the amp and cab. place an eq (pultec type works nice).

If you have a distortion pedal, set the amp to clean and test with the buttons. It might be the best amp vst I've ever tested for such approach.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 6 2015, 12:39 AM
Still playing with the demo, in the demo the preamp can be defeted so only the poweramp is working.

So if someone has an fx-loop on his amp, connect it to the soundcard from there and should be having a nice time without dealing with attenuators etc. . I had fun with using my overdrive boosted distortion pedal as well, not only sound but it even felt better as it cut down the muddy low freq.s.

I only didn't like the ir's much main reason is they sound too roomey. When developing I guess they only tested with powerchords biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Mertay: Nov 6 2015, 07:25 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 6 2015, 07:26 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 5 2015, 11:32 PM) *
I'm sure it got it's merits but having this type of approach to building a signal chain is what led me to products like TH2 where all of the elements are in one spot and you can create a preset to bring them all back up at the touch of a button. Of course, you pay a price for this as the plugin is not cheap. So it's a balance between cost and ease of use.

PS; There are rumors that TH3 has started being developed smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 7 2015, 03:19 AM
The guys at TH2 mentioned it quite a while back, I hope they make it! smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Nov 6 2015, 02:26 AM) *
PS; There are rumors that TH3 has started being developed smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 7 2015, 06:19 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 7 2015, 02:19 AM) *
The guys at TH2 mentioned it quite a while back, I hope they make it! smile.gif

http://www.brunetti.it/wp/products/overloud-th2/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 6 2016, 05:30 PM

I liked that they played it solo first then approached as a mix sound, a nice example of how to approach tone for you guys who compose.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:39 PM