3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
My First Finished Song, Recorded This Summer. Bluesrock
Robin
Dec 14 2007, 01:52 AM
GMC:er
We got this place for young bands here, and every year they let any band record one song for free and it get released as a CD. Me and my band have participated the last three years, but this year I recorded a song alone.

At first I didnt want to post it because I'm very shy and not that happy about the vocals, but today when the CD got released I got many compliments for it, and Gen have been nagging me with it aswell laugh.gif

I wrote the lyrics and music, I played all the instruments myself(El. guitar, acoustic guitar, bass, tambourine) excluding the stomp and high hat wich is just computer simulation. Still doesnt sound that bad.

Edit: deleted all the crap I wrote, I'll let you guys point out whats good and whats bad.

Well, tell me what you think. Please be honest.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Robin: Dec 14 2007, 02:14 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  04_Track_4.wma ( 3.83MB ) Number of downloads: 501

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Dec 14 2007, 01:56 AM
Nice job on the song, sounds really good.

Did you write everything for this song?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
nickmarx12345678
Dec 14 2007, 01:58 AM
Dont discourage yourself so much! thats definatly good work, especially for one person playing it all. Your voice reminds me of Kris's voice smile.gif I really liked the part where its just bass drum by itself then you come in with the solo. The solo was really well done I thought, had kind of a led zepplin feel to it! You might consider making some more songs, if you do feel free to send me them

This post has been edited by nickmarx12345678: Dec 14 2007, 01:59 AM

--------------------
ROCK ON!!!!

+Quote Post
Robin
Dec 14 2007, 02:00 AM
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Dec 14 2007, 01:56 AM) *
Nice job on the song, sounds really good.

Did you write everything for this song?

Thank you very much. Yes.

QUOTE (nickmarx12345678 @ Dec 14 2007, 01:58 AM) *
Dont discourage yourself so much! thats definatly good work, especially for one person playing it all. Your voice reminds me of Kris's voice smile.gif I really liked the part where its just bass drum by itself then you comin with the solo. The solo was really well done I thought, had kind of a led zepplin feel to it! You might consider making some more songs, if you do feel free to send me them

Thank you! I think I'm being hard on myself because its horrible to hear yourself sing!! I cant even stand hearing myself talking biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Power_Arctica
Dec 14 2007, 02:07 AM
Hey Robin! That was great!! Congratulations!

--------------------

+Quote Post
nickmarx12345678
Dec 14 2007, 02:09 AM
LOL yeah i know. When im talking or singing it sounds fine to me but if i hear a recording its like "?!?!?!?! do i sound like that????"

--------------------
ROCK ON!!!!

+Quote Post
Robin
Dec 14 2007, 02:13 AM
QUOTE (nickmarx12345678 @ Dec 14 2007, 02:09 AM) *
LOL yeah i know. When im talking or singing it sounds fine to me but if i hear a recording its like "?!?!?!?! do i sound like that????"

Haha yes, its horrible laugh.gif

QUOTE (Power_Arctica @ Dec 14 2007, 02:07 AM) *
Hey Robin! That was great!! Congratulations!

Thanks alot!

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Dec 14 2007, 02:20 AM
That was great!! Awesome job on it!

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
fkalich
Dec 14 2007, 03:03 AM
I can't download it for some reason. The tab shows up, but nothing happens.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 14 2007, 03:17 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Robin, that is excellent! Strong playing (everything was very well executed, and you were playing confidently and within your capabilities), I liked the singing a lot, it suited the mood of the piece well - everything just gelled nicely!

I really like the acoustic guitar sound - how was that recorded? I just can't seem to get a sound like that ....

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Robin
Dec 14 2007, 03:31 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Dec 14 2007, 03:17 AM) *
Robin, that is excellent! Strong playing (everything was very well executed, and you were playing confidently and within your capabilities), I liked the singing a lot, it suited the mood of the piece well - everything just gelled nicely!

I really like the acoustic guitar sound - how was that recorded? I just can't seem to get a sound like that ....

Thank you so very much!!

I used a 1975 Ibanez Concord 684. We mic'ed it, I dont remember what kind of mic it was, probably a SM57 laugh.gif

Oh and I use Jim Dunlop Jazz 3 pick, if that matters at all.

This post has been edited by Robin: Dec 14 2007, 03:33 AM

+Quote Post
fkalich
Dec 14 2007, 03:31 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Dec 13 2007, 08:17 PM) *

actually my first impression is, you have a lot of talent. and I don't feel that way about most people. as Andrew can confirm, I am not very nice in general.

You have a nice voice. I tell you what to do. It is Christmas. Sing Christmas carols around the house. Nobody will even pay attention, something you can be comfortable with. Try to sing as well as you can, pitch and tone. Especially in the shower. Silent night is a good one. That last high note is tough, but it is there if you are patient.

edit: what I am saying, is sing stuff that you can be relaxed singing, to practice. I like the Star Spangled Banner personally, I sing that a lot around the house.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Dec 14 2007, 03:33 AM

+Quote Post
Robin
Dec 14 2007, 03:35 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Dec 14 2007, 03:31 AM) *
actually my first impression is, you have a lot of talent. and I don't feel that way about most people. as Andrew can confirm, I am not very nice in general.

You have a nice voice. I tell you what to do. It is Christmas. Sing Christmas carols around the house. Nobody will even pay attention, something you can be comfortable with. Try to sing as well as you can, pitch and tone. Especially in the shower. Silent night is a good one. That last high note is tough, but it is there if you are patient.

edit: what I am saying, is sing stuff that you can be relaxed singing, to practice. I like the Star Spangled Banner personally, I sing that a lot around the house.

Haha, thank you!!

Maybe I will try some christmas songs biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
fkalich
Dec 14 2007, 03:37 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Dec 13 2007, 08:35 PM) *
Haha, thank you!!

Maybe I will try some christmas songs biggrin.gif

oh, I like your playing to. and that change at the end, that was neat.

+Quote Post
Robin
Dec 14 2007, 03:40 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Dec 14 2007, 03:37 AM) *
oh, I like your playing to. and that change at the end, that was neat.

Oh thank you! I am very satisfied myself, with my soloing. Thats because instead of playing excersises I have been improvising for hours every day since January tongue.gif

+Quote Post
fkalich
Dec 14 2007, 04:49 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Dec 13 2007, 08:40 PM) *
Oh thank you! I am very satisfied myself, with my soloing. Thats because instead of playing excersises I have been improvising for hours every day since January tongue.gif

well you have timing. as time goes on, I feel that is the most importing thing, and also the most difficult. I don't mean mechanical clock like. I mean, if we listen to our heart beat, that pulse to it. if you put a clock on it, would it be clock like perfect? nope. but it has that pulse, life to it. i have a theory that what appeals to a lot of people is just that, when music is like their heart beat. we have that rhythm all our lives you know.

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 14 2007, 04:59 AM
Learning Roadie
Very cool robin! Don't be discouraged about the singing - it was very good. And the guitar playing is phenomenal, I really like the rhythms and the solo was very good. Top notch stuff man, keep writing I would like to hear more smile.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
radarlove1984
Dec 14 2007, 05:01 AM
really nice solo there! I wasn't expecting something THAT good. You've got a great southern rock feel going on. If I started listening to the solo without hearing the rest of the song first, I'd probably think it was Molly Hatchet or The Outlaws playing.

Really great job! I was just about the upload something but this blows me out of the water! Gee, thanks alot! Now I have to wait another week to post! Hahaha (just joking by the way)

How long have you been playing?

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 14 2007, 01:14 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (fkalich @ Dec 13 2007, 10:49 PM) *
well you have timing. as time goes on, I feel that is the most importing thing, and also the most difficult. I don't mean mechanical clock like. I mean, if we listen to our heart beat, that pulse to it. if you put a clock on it, would it be clock like perfect? nope. but it has that pulse, life to it. i have a theory that what appeals to a lot of people is just that, when music is like their heart beat. we have that rhythm all our lives you know.

+1 - you got onto the groove and stuck there! This is another aspect of what I was saying around playing within your capabilities - the timing was relaxed and bang on, not strained as if you were going for a run that was just too much for you too handle as a lot of us are tempted to do. For that reason and others, it was a really professional sounding piece. You can do this stuff my friend!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Robin
Dec 14 2007, 01:21 PM
Thanks alot everyone!

QUOTE (radarlove1984 @ Dec 14 2007, 05:01 AM) *
really nice solo there! I wasn't expecting something THAT good. You've got a great southern rock feel going on. If I started listening to the solo without hearing the rest of the song first, I'd probably think it was Molly Hatchet or The Outlaws playing.

Really great job! I was just about the upload something but this blows me out of the water! Gee, thanks alot! Now I have to wait another week to post! Hahaha (just joking by the way)

How long have you been playing?

Haha biggrin.gif

I started 5 years ago, but most of my time went to computer games and skateboarding, and the few times I played guitar I only played power chords sad.gif
After I joined GMC ~11 months ago I have been improving sooo much! GMC rocks.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:59 AM