> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
"cirse" In English!, Could you give me your opinions?
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 25 2009, 06:47 PM
Instructor
Hi! I wanted to share with you our first demo song in english! It's a song from our first album "bi-polar" originally called "Algo quedará". I would like to receive you opinions about the language and pronunciation (and about everything!).

Attached File  Something_will_remain__Cirse_.mp3 ( 6.88MB ) Number of downloads: 629

Thank you!

This is the lyric of the song:

Something will remain

Come close to me, astonish me, be slow and quiet
Come close to me, and always whisper in my ear.
And tell me it is true.

It is said that the unconscious is so endless
Reality is everything that you set going
I want to hear you...

No one could get in, killing all my distress
Leaving behind all my strong will, something will remain.

Well now tell me what I should do, oh my free spirit
Show me that place, that holy place, where we shall be together.

Why are you unfair to me, and leave me to be lost and lonely?
Please talk to me, please give me your warm love.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vampire18
Oct 25 2009, 07:08 PM
Learning Rock Star
if thats luisana(it sounds like its her) singing, her accent is flawless, and i can connecnt much more to the song when i udnerstand the lyrics, its very very good. would make a very succesfull single in my opinion, very mainstream compared to other things i heard.
is it ok if i put it on my mp3 player?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by vampire18: Oct 25 2009, 07:10 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Oct 25 2009, 07:10 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
The word "ear" was sang in a way that made me think "hmmm something can be not right", and besides that some words in the :

I want to hear you...

sounded pronounced quite strange, after that everything was sang in a way that sounded proper, of course I don't have to mention that Lucianas voice and singing skill are great, and it all in all this song really sound great in english version.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 25 2009, 07:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (vampire18 @ Oct 25 2009, 03:08 PM) *
if thats luisana(it sounds like its her) singing, her accent is flawless, and i can connecnt much more to the song when i udnerstand the lyrics, its very very good. would make a very succesfull single in my opinion, very mainstream compared to other things i heard.
is it ok if i put it on my mp3 player?

It's really nice to hear this! yes, it is Luciana! and of course you can put the song in your mp3! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 25 2009, 07:14 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Awesome. I always prefer lyrics in English (and I'm Spanish), so pretty cool song. I specially like the chorus, it has an Evanescence scent to it.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Oct 25 2009, 07:16 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Yeah has some evanescence vibe, but more enjoyable if You ask me:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 25 2009, 07:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Oct 25 2009, 03:10 PM) *
The word "ear" was sang in a way that made me think "hmmm something can be not right", and besides that some words in the :

I want to hear you...

sounded pronounced quite strange, after that everything was sang in a way that sounded proper, of course I don't have to mention that Lucianas voice and singing skill are great, and it all in all this song really sound great in english version.

Thanks a lot for the feedback! We really need this! I also had the same sensation with the word "ear".
What words of the verse sound strage? or you mean the whole phrases?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Bondy
Oct 25 2009, 07:24 PM
Learning Roadie
i was one of the first at GMC to buy your album and i would buy it again in English, awesome stuff i can sing along now lol, instead of trying to do so with a Spanish accent. lol

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 25 2009, 07:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Fran @ Oct 25 2009, 03:14 PM) *
Awesome. I always prefer lyrics in English (and I'm Spanish), so pretty cool song. I specially like the chorus, it has an Evanescence scent to it.

QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Oct 25 2009, 03:16 PM) *
Yeah has some evanescence vibe, but more enjoyable if You ask me:)

Thank you Fran! yes, this is one of our oldest songs (we did it in 2003). When we started we where more gothic/new metal, so that why this song sounds more like Evanescence and Lacuna Coil.

QUOTE (Bondy @ Oct 25 2009, 03:24 PM) *
i was one of the first at GMC to buy your album and i would buy it again in English, awesome stuff i can sing along now lol, instead of trying to do so with a Spanish accent. lol

Thank you Bondy! Can't wait to hear your samples singing the song! laugh.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 25 2009, 07:50 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Wow, sounds great in English - Luci, your singing is as always awesome, and I would honestly not know you weren't a native English speaker, your accent is superb!

I think this is a great way to spread the reach of Cirse - I bought the original album, I would buy it again if there was a full English version!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 25 2009, 07:57 PM
GMC Founder
Hehe now we are talking laugh.gif I love this album, but still I must agree that the fact that I now understand what you are saying definitely raises the song to an even higher level.

I guess there are some places where pronunciation could be improved - but I think this level of English is already enough to convince an international audience (don't forget this comes from a Swede! rolleyes.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post
kahall
Oct 25 2009, 08:10 PM
Learning Roadie
Sounds fine to me. Love it.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 25 2009, 08:40 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Great One Gabriel smile.gif Nice work Cirse wink.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Oct 25 2009, 08:50 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Finally biggrin.gif
You talked about this some while ago, and I've been waiting ever since!
I love the english version smile.gif
I can't say much about the language and phrases, as English is not my native language either..
But Lucianas pronunciation is superb smile.gif

Great work!!!
I'll definitely buy the english version if you release one smile.gif

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Oct 25 2009, 08:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
I love it Gab !!! I wouldn't mind with the small accents I think it adds to the song. I heard some song in english where the spanish accents was way more audible.

--------------------

+Quote Post
zicco
Oct 25 2009, 08:58 PM
GMC:er
Very good! smile.gif She has a very good singing voice. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Oct 25 2009, 09:07 PM
GMC:er
i am in love <3

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Oct 25 2009, 09:13 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Gabriel, I can't exactly say what I have in mind, just that the part "It is said that the unconscious" sounds bit unnatural to me, still don't know how to change it, to still fit the great sounding " is so endless" part that comes after it. Hope it helps a bit, Cirse is a great band:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 25 2009, 11:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Oct 25 2009, 03:50 PM) *
Wow, sounds great in English - Luci, your singing is as always awesome, and I would honestly not know you weren't a native English speaker, your accent is superb!

I think this is a great way to spread the reach of Cirse - I bought the original album, I would buy it again if there was a full English version!

Thanks a lot Andrew! smile.gif That's our idea. Making music in Argentina is very difficult and we always feel the language barrier to reach audience from other countries.

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 25 2009, 03:57 PM) *
Hehe now we are talking laugh.gif I love this album, but still I must agree that the fact that I now understand what you are saying definitely raises the song to an even higher level.

I guess there are some places where pronunciation could be improved - but I think this level of English is already enough to convince an international audience (don't forget this comes from a Swede! rolleyes.gif )

Thank you Kris! We will definitely work to improve it! smile.gif

QUOTE (kahall @ Oct 25 2009, 04:10 PM) *
Sounds fine to me. Love it.

QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Oct 25 2009, 04:40 PM) *
Great One Gabriel smile.gif Nice work Cirse wink.gif

Thanks kahall and rated! wink.gif

QUOTE (audiopaal @ Oct 25 2009, 04:50 PM) *
Finally biggrin.gif
You talked about this some while ago, and I've been waiting ever since!
I love the english version smile.gif
I can't say much about the language and phrases, as English is not my native language either..
But Lucianas pronunciation is superb smile.gif

Great work!!!
I'll definitely buy the english version if you release one smile.gif

Thank you paal! You're right. We've been planing this for a long time and we just started with the first demos. Hope to have something realised soon! smile.gif

QUOTE (Crazy_Diamond @ Oct 25 2009, 04:54 PM) *
I love it Gab !!! I wouldn't mind with the small accents I think it adds to the song. I heard some song in english where the spanish accents was way more audible.

Thank you man! wink.gif

QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Oct 25 2009, 05:13 PM) *
Gabriel, I can't exactly say what I have in mind, just that the part "It is said that the unconscious" sounds bit unnatural to me, still don't know how to change it, to still fit the great sounding " is so endless" part that comes after it. Hope it helps a bit, Cirse is a great band:)

Thank you Marek. This really helps. We will review that part. I think that we need an english speaker pronouncing that part.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 25 2009, 11:16 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (Fran @ Oct 25 2009, 02:14 PM) *
it has an Evanescence scent to it.

Yes, it does! Love it smile.gif I also like the fact you can still here her accent a bit in the pronunciation. Well done guys! cool.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:36 AM