2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Got A Problem With Toneport Ux2 And It's Driving Me Insane
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 13 2008, 10:55 PM
GMC:er
I have a problem with my Toneport UX2. Everytime I play an output through it now it keeps stuttering and crackling and it only outputs in mono even though it's set to play stereo. It does it no matter what speakers I use and when I play guitar now it only sounds in mono. I can't record anything currently this means sad.gif I really can't figure out what is up with it. Also all my old recordings crackle and stutter when I open them and play them also even though they worked fine before. sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Oct 13 2008, 10:57 PM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 13 2008, 11:05 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Check out the Buffer settings in Gearbox software (under preferences) and fiddle with them (its where cracking comes from).You should be able to dial in the setting that works with your computer.Cracking is heard when your PC is overloaded (CPU and RAM memory).Hmm what exactly do you mean by mono part of question, guitar is mono and we always record mono tracks for guitars.(we use stereo only when we have stereo effects applied).

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 13 2008, 11:10 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Oct 13 2008, 11:05 PM) *
Check out the Buffer settings in Gearbox software (under preferences) and fiddle with them (its where cracking comes from).You should be able to dial in the setting that works with your computer.Cracking is heard when your PC is overloaded (CPU and RAM memory).Hmm what exactly do you mean by mono part of question, guitar is mono and we always record mono tracks for guitars.(we use stereo only when we have stereo effects applied).

I mean it only plays out of one speaker and I have no problems with overloaded CPU as it's running at 9% lol. My CPU is ridiculous and I have 2 GB RAM. This is highly frustrating as I've changed nothing and yet it doesn't work.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 14 2008, 01:58 AM
Instructor
No worries OC, we'll find a solution. Screen capture Line6 Audio-MIDI Devices window for us to see it.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Oct 14 2008, 02:30 AM
Learning Tone Master
I'm not sure if this helps, but i seem to get the stuttering sound on my toneport when I have the volume on too high. Not sure about the mono problem though sad.gif

When you play does the little green light at the top of gearbox, where it says "out to hardware", turn red?

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Oct 14 2008, 06:30 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Try to disconnect and than connect again all the cables, if You didn't already. Sometimes such simple thing can help.

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 14 2008, 09:05 AM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Oct 14 2008, 01:58 AM) *
No worries OC, we'll find a solution. Screen capture Line6 Audio-MIDI Devices window for us to see it.

I will post a picture when I get home from work. My mate is trying to fix it while I'm at work so hopefully it will be solved by the time I get home. I really want to record.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 14 2008, 11:45 AM
Instructor
OK mate, if he doesn't fix it, just post a picture, we'll try to help. I had my share of crackling problems with Toneport, it's was never a big deal, mostly buffer issues.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 14 2008, 11:50 AM
It definitely isn't a buffer problem with me as I have a very powerful PC. I think it could be down to conflicting hardware but I'm not certain.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 14 2008, 12:07 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Oct 14 2008, 12:50 PM) *
It definitely isn't a buffer problem with me as I have a very powerful PC. I think it could be down to conflicting hardware but I'm not certain.

Maybe just maybe reinstalling of drivers and its software should do the trick...But make sure you backup your custom patches..

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 14 2008, 12:12 PM
I think it might be something to do with my new installed webcam. Could this be causing a problem with the Toneport Sound?

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Oct 14 2008, 12:07 PM) *
Maybe just maybe reinstalling of drivers and its software should do the trick...But make sure you backup your custom patches..

I don't know how to save custom patches lol. I will be reinstalling device if I can't figure it out and drivers. I really want to record tonight but I don't think I will get chance sad.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 14 2008, 12:28 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Oct 14 2008, 01:12 PM) *
I think it might be something to do with my new installed webcam. Could this be causing a problem with the Toneport Sound?

I don't know how to save custom patches lol. I will be reinstalling device if I can't figure it out and drivers. I really want to record tonight but I don't think I will get chance sad.gif

Try disconnecting the web cam from USB port when using toneport...I have witnessed toneport making problems with other usb devices.I have USB external hard drive and when I plug in the toneport hard drive starts restarting and making problems...

Regarding patches they should be somewhere in program files/line6/gearbox .. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 14 2008, 12:32 PM
I can't just take out webcam when PC is switched on as it doesn't work. I think I need to reboot PC with Webcam not attached. I will see if this works tonight. If not then I will try other suggestions.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Oct 14 2008, 12:32 PM

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 14 2008, 05:37 PM
It's still not working. sad.gif No crackling now but if I use this device for outputting then it only plays in mono out of the right speaker sad.gif I can't get it to do stereo for anything and it's all set up right. I reinstalled the device and it still did nothing. I have a pair of PC speakers connected into the analog output 1. I'm about to smash the device up sad.gif Why isn't it working sad.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 14 2008, 06:05 PM
And the Toneport doesn't come up as an input device in Sonar anymore. Only choosable as an output device sad.gif I can no longer record anymore at all sad.gif

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Oct 14 2008, 07:00 PM

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 14 2008, 07:16 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Oct 14 2008, 06:37 PM) *
It's still not working. sad.gif No crackling now but if I use this device for outputting then it only plays in mono out of the right speaker sad.gif I can't get it to do stereo for anything and it's all set up right. I reinstalled the device and it still did nothing. I have a pair of PC speakers connected into the analog output 1. I'm about to smash the device up sad.gif Why isn't it working sad.gif

You need to connect your PC speakers to both analog outputs (they are mono , both creating stereo), so I suggest connecting speakers to both of them (left and right channel) or using headphones output (which is stereo) ! That should solve it! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Oct 14 2008, 07:17 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 14 2008, 07:18 PM
I got it coming up as an input but still the problem that playback and recording only comes out from one speaker.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 14 2008, 07:21 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Oct 14 2008, 08:18 PM) *
I got it coming up as an input but still the problem that playback and recording only comes out from one speaker.

Try connecting PC speakers to headphones output on toneport , you should get a stereo that way.

edit: you can't get a stereo sound by connecting PC speakers only into output 1 (left or right), you need a adapter in order to connect them to both outputs in order to get a stereo picture.

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Oct 14 2008, 07:23 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 14 2008, 07:42 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Oct 14 2008, 07:16 PM) *
You need to connect your PC speakers to both analog outputs (they are mono , both creating stereo), so I suggest connecting speakers to both of them (left and right channel) or using headphones output (which is stereo) ! That should solve it! smile.gif

It doesnt. If you plug speakers into back 1 they will both work as they are both plugged in. I also tried putting headphones in front phones slot and it only played through right input still. No left.

Also my effects don't work because of it. So its my effects speaker that is no longer working]

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 14 2008, 07:45 PM
hmm tough situation...What is the background of this problem, did it work normally before ?? When did it stop working...

Here is a screen shot :

Attached Image

Take a look if PANNING pots are all in the center and not panned to left or right...

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Oct 14 2008, 07:48 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:43 AM