My First "song": Friday13, Scary song!... well, not really :)
Fran
Mar 3 2008, 05:47 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Hi all,

I recorded this a few weeks ago, one evening I took my guitar and I recalled all those wonderful horror movies and Stephen King books... and with that kind of feeling in mind, I recorded a simple backing over an even more simple drum backing, and made some riffs and solos to capture some scenes in my mind...

The purpose was to make a backing sound to one of those movies or books, and I guess it should sound a bit "scary", or oppressive, and I hope I managed to transmit that if only for a few seconds.

Think of a few kids ready to have some fun in the abandoned house in the forest... good music, some beers... the night falls... but they ignore a dangerous psycho-killer has scaped the mad-house nearby... ohmy.gif HAHAHAHAHHAA!!

Bear in mind that I'm a newbie, and my mixing skills are non-existent!, so don't expect nothing great! laugh.gif , as long as it doesn't bore whoever listens to it, I'll be happy! wink.gif

Ok, looking forward for your constructive criticism unsure.gif blink.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Viernes13.mp3 ( 5.39MB ) Number of downloads: 159

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Angelica
Mar 3 2008, 07:23 PM
GMC:er
wow! I like it smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

It's better to please much to a few, than to please a few to many

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 3 2008, 10:54 PM
Thanks Angelica smile.gif

Someday in the future I will record it again, adding a base guitar. And better solos! hehe wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:

Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!

+Quote Post
kuyabic
Mar 4 2008, 07:16 PM
GMC:er
Hey, that's great stuff! The melody is cool, in my opinion. The inspiration for your song and the scene you described for it helped me to visualize a sort of music video while I was listening to it. It all came together nicely in my mind.

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 4 2008, 08:09 PM
Glad to hear my little horror-story helped smile.gif

Thanks for your comments Kuyabic, it encourages me to keep working hard! wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Recording:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:02 AM