> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Pentatonic Licks -- Intermediate, Lesson by Muris Varajic
Pentatonic Licks -- Intermediate
Rate this take...
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

JamesT
Sep 17 2010, 03:30 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Pentatonic Lics Intermediate, Lesson by Muris Varajic
Link to original lesson:here

Guitar: PRS Custom 24
Amp: Pod X3 Live
DAW: Sonar

I like the idea of students stating why they picked a particular lesson and what they hoped to get out of it for the REC program. I picked this lesson because of the variety of techniques used (tapping, vibrato, open note licks) especially for a lesson that's within my reach as a guitarist. And surely the lesson didn't disappoint. The trickiest part for me was putting vibrato on notes immediately after a bend, and immediately before changing position on the fretboard an octave up.Muris is a ninja. A fast ninja! :-) Getting it t sound smooth and fluid took some work. There are a couple of spots here where I could have done better (which I expect you guys will notice and point out) , but I'm hoping that I can work on those areas with each new lesson. As always, I really appreciate having you all take a look at it and welcome the feedback.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Sep 27 2010, 02:58 PM

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 17 2010, 04:58 AM
Instructor
almost perfect!

you still have to work on the open strings part a bit,

but the part where you do slides and tapping is very well played and sounds very smooth

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Sep 21 2010, 11:59 AM
Instructor
There are very small issues, like around 0:17 or around 0:37 with the open strings lick. Other than that, it's a very good take.

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Sep 21 2010, 05:33 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
I agree with the above except that I'd also work a bit more on your phrasing and even up the vibratos a bit. Wonderful take, newertheless.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 22 2010, 02:10 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
8.33 Jim, good job.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:14 PM