Ngd But Damaged In Mail
Todd Simpson
Feb 26 2021, 02:03 AM
GMC:er
So I thought Id try to order a guitar from guitar center online. Found an ibby premium for under $500. It shows up but it's now got a huge chunk crushed in on it. What do you think, should I return it?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 26 2021, 02:38 AM
Learning Rock Star
Ouch, that's a huge damage! I'd say return if possible.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
klasaine
Feb 26 2021, 03:22 AM
Definitely return it.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 26 2021, 05:45 AM
Thats my plan sadly. It was really hard to find a guitar under $500 that was worth having. This was honestly the only Ibby under that amount that I'd want to even own. Then bam, they destroy it on the shipping.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 25 2021, 09:38 PM) *
Ouch, that's a huge damage! I'd say return if possible.

If Id have known they were going to ship in a gig bag Id have bought a case. It's impossible to find a good ibby in this price range for some reason. Very dissapointing.
QUOTE (klasaine @ Feb 25 2021, 10:22 PM) *
Definitely return it.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 26 2021, 08:22 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Nice guitar,

Send it back but if it plays how you like it, and you can live with it, ask them for compensation, "otherwise you're going to send it back", it will be a tale to tell about the story of the guitar.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 26 2021, 09:58 AM
Yeah those series were actually quite popular at the time, too bad sad.gif

Even if the owner gives a good discount, what worries me is its right there where we rest out arm. The veneer might further fall-out in time (since also basswood is so soft) so logically it must be sanded and some sort of filler material should be used to prevent further damage.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 26 2021, 10:10 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Mertay @ Feb 26 2021, 08:58 AM) *
Even if the owner gives a good discount, what worries me is its right there where we rest out arm. The veneer might further fall-out in time (since also basswood is so soft) so logically it must be sanded and some sort of filler material should be used to prevent further damage.

Yeah, that's why Todd should request compensation to pay for a fix, that's if he likes how the guitar sounds /plays. Of course he could just ask the to swap it for another one with them covering all postage costs.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 26 2021, 11:50 PM
It looked so nice I expected it to play like a prestige I used to have. I should have known better. She is going back.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Mar 2 2021, 11:24 AM
Learning Roadie
That's basswood for you, sand it smooth and colour it in with a sharpie

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:04 AM