Songwriting Metal, My first recording, what do you all think
meltedgraphics
Mar 11 2009, 02:02 AM
GMC:er
This is the first time I've recorded my self, had three tracks and rhythem from my Boss Micro BR

This is a cool lesson if you like metal. Thank you Jose Mena for a great lesson, you rock man.
Here is the link to the lesson
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/songwriting-metal/

Well, here is my recording, please all opinions welcome

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  METAL.MP3 ( 1.71MB ) Number of downloads: 380

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
sigma7
Mar 11 2009, 02:04 AM
that was good mate, my only suggestion is to lighten up on the palm mutes, other than that it was good

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Mar 11 2009, 02:03 PM
Jazz Instructor
Great, maybe that palm mute at the beginning....Sounds fine, but I would suggest you to try less-muted version as well, then compare, and decide!

+Quote Post
meltedgraphics
Mar 11 2009, 03:47 PM
Thanks both of you,

I appriciate the help. I'll try and upload a new version of it in the next couple of day's.

Thanks Again,
Jeff

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 11 2009, 04:01 PM
Instructor
It sounds really cool. Just a bir more precise timing. You need to stick to the drums like a machine. This sounds like you're playing these riffs on your neck pickup position. More treble would be better. Anyway, very cool idea for the song I like it.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Mar 15 2009, 11:21 PM
Instructor
well first to all, the idea´s very cool! I like the harmonies in thirds. the riffs and the melody.
the sound is not good enough, try more treble or presence, and a little bit of drive.
about sounding, it´s ok, but it´s a little unprecise. work on your rhythm parts, remember, this´s metal, you have to be killer, agresive, you know what I mean... wink.gif
the idea is so cool, I hope to see how it grows up.

Lian

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 15 2009, 11:23 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I love this lesson! One of my favorites. Nice take by the way!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Mar 17 2009, 01:19 AM
Instructor
Your take is quite good but I think the main problem is that you have a backing that confuses you. You put like a shuffle rhythm over a metal rhythm guitar. The drums are more straight in the backing that jose did.
I've made a MIDI where I wrote some drums so you can hear the difference.

Also pay attention to Jose's playing where he's really tight when he plays the notes and that's because of the palm mute and his picking hand is very accurate, really precise.

The drum track I wrote is not complete is only for you to notice the difference and is a total different feel that contribute to keep a good rhythm, otherway you're like in metal and the drummer has a groove like he's playing some song from Dave Mathews Band, you know what I mean.

Keep the good work mate!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Jose_lesson.mid ( 12.15K ) Number of downloads: 120

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:10 AM