Don't Skimp On Power In Your Studio!
Todd Simpson
Jun 6 2019, 04:10 AM
GMC:er
I get a LOT of questions from students building their home studio about what to use for electric power/distribution. I can't tell you how many times I've heard of people with a thunder storm, or power spike or brown out, etc. that damaged or ruined most or all of their gear. I get sent pictures of 5 or even 10 power strips strung together.

Folks, a good power distribution is the foundation of your home studio. If your power is shoddy, your entire studio is shoddy. I did a lot of research and found this rack mount uninteruptable power supply that cost about half of what my previous unit cost and is about half as big and has more power!!! The unit is one rack space and runs $150. I have a rack mounted power distribution panel mounted above it so that I get a row of front mounted power connectrors.

https://amzn.to/2WnmVLI

Attached Image
Attached Image
The larger unit on the bottom of the rack cost twice as much, twice as big, less power.

Don't cheap out on your power distribution/uninteruptable power supply. Everything is built on top of that.

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 6 2019, 04:12 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:56 AM